Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

I stumbled across this meme and it made me think of BT!

sub-buzz-5537-1499304357-1.png

I had to share this- the strangest thing I've ever seen on Amazon: the PancakeBot.  It will only set you back $245, and you can make pancakes in any design you'd like, even llamas!  Did anyone else see anything crazy?71IupWJeUkL._SY500_.jpg

n5swpc49wlt20inqpgwq.jpg

Lol, I'm hesitant to admit we own that. 😄 It's a pain in the ash to set up so we never use it.  We've also got a cupcake icing printer cause we're weird.  

@heartsmyface  I guess it wasn't good of me to post a negative opinion.  I mostly was poking fun at Amazon's Prime Day choices.  We think 3-D printers are cool.  If my kids were younger I'd probably be asking for this for a  Christmas present. 🙂  It counts as a kitchen appliance, right?   I wish I'd thought to even try to use a squirt bottle to make artistically inclined pancakes. 

I was sold after seeing the Eiffel Tower pancake!!! @Ispend2much6

I understand.  Someday...@ElleElleG

It's neat... maybe as a garnish, or if you call it a pancake cookie, but that's no pancake.

THESE are pancakes 😄

bbpancakes.JPG

Soooooo...we're all invited for breakfast at your place right? 

@k617,  Those are the best looking pancakes that I ever saw!  Wow!

@k617  I think my husband married the wrong woman; those are his kind of pancakes that I never make!  Did you make those?  Yum!

@Ispend2much6 yes I did! I love cooking and breakfast is my fav. I used to use dry mix but now I do them from scratch -- the secrets are: room temp ingredients, real buttermilk, and whip the egg whites and yolks separately! Makes a huge difference 😄

@k617  I'm with you up until the whipping the egg whites.  I shouldn't be so lazy, since I have an emulsion blender, but I am. 🙂  I agree about the room temperature ingredients.  I've taken to heating the buttermilk with the butter so that when you add melted butter to the other pancake ingredients, the buttermilk won't make the butter reform chunks as it would if it was cold.  Since we've tried Martha Stewart's Best Buttermilk pancake recipe, that's the one we usually use.  It's really good.

My guys helped use up our blueberries the other day when I wasn't feeling well; they realize they can eat more of what they want if they cook.lol

IMG_1961.JPG

Those look good @Ispend2much6!! Love seeing them all on a griddle like that.

I'm actually too lazy to bring out my electric mixer for the egg whites...I do it the old fashioned way with a whisk. Once my work out program whips me (get it?) into shape, I'm gonna brag and tell people I go my biceps with whipping egg whites manually 😄

True confession @Ispend2much6, @k617 — my husband does most of the cooking at our house and pancakes are his domain. I will admit that yours look much prettier than his, though, k617! He does do a lovely hollandaise, though!

@jozkid  No shame in that.  Have you found that people tend to be either cleaners or cooks, but not both?  I do the bare minimum cleaning, but I love to cook and bake. 

I will never live down my husband making a better turkey than me one Thanksgiving.  And that's okay, because that means it can be his job. 🙂

I'm not sure about that @Ispend2much6. My Mom was a pretty good cook and baker and our house was immaculate. Me, I like a clean house, but I have 4 boys (including my hubs) who are working at cross purposes to that. Frankly, she'd be horrified at the state of my house right now! I like to cook, but I much prefer baking. Hubs starting doing the cooking when he got home from work earlier than I did. It just stuck.

My mom too @Ispend2much6 @jozkid! My mom who is an amazing cook (who doesn't love their mom's cooking?) kept my childhood house spotless. Friends who visited would always comment on how clean our house was. Mom brought out the ol' broom and dust pan every day and swept the kitchen floor, and she was always doing SOMETHING every day. To be fair, she WAS retired by the time I was going to school, so she did have the time...

I have no kids but two cats (who shed. Like crazy.) , and I still can't really bring myself to do some form of cleaning every day. I admire people who can! So dedicated!

Who doesn't love a man who can cook @jozkid?! 😄 I don't quite trust DH to cook (his forte... fried potatoes and onions, pasta with jarred marina sauce) BUT one time I left him a recipe I scribbled before going to the gym, and he thoroughly impressed me by making me a perfectly delicious meal! So maybe I should let him have at it once in awhile...but I love cooking and hate the cleanup (he does the cleanup) so.... don't think I'll give up cooking duties anytime soon 😉

I love hollandaise sauce! Have had...scrambled egg sauce once. Not so good.

I'm the one who scrambles the eggs trying to make hollandaise @k617. The hubs has it down pretty well.

In my house, he cooks and I clean up. And when I cook, I clean up, and... wait a minute... 😄

haha joz you got the short end of the deal!!

Typical @k617. Typical. 

testing