Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

@Ispend2much6@themusefactoryI enjoyed myself so much! It was genuine and effortless fun. He is the most thoughtful man I have ever met, which is kind of funny because I pride myself on being very thoughtful as well. He has described previous dates he has planned and set up and even nice gestures for past girlfriends. The day of the date, he mentioned he was feeling really tired and sick and it immediately clicked in my head that I wanted to do something to help cheer him up and feel better. After work, I brainstormed on my drive home about what to do. I love sunflowers and we kid around a lot with each other, so I figured buying him flowers would be funny. I got him a bunch of sunflowers & it was perfect. After that, I drove to Target to brainstorm for the rest of the gift. He had a birthday and graduation just last week and is moving into his own apartment out of state in a month. So we had quite a lot to celebrate. I originally had planned to book a couple's massage for us to relax and grab lunch after. However, he has been super busy and I had no time to work with to plan it and I didn't want to ruin the surprise. So I got him a graduation card & wrote in there that he would have to come back to California see me to reveal a big surprise, which will be the massage date. I also got him a bucket and filled it with Halls, peppermint gum and Tylenol for colds. He mentioned having a headache all day and peppermint is supposed to relieve that and chewing gum will distract you. I also found a really neat book on how to make all kinds of cocktails, so I figured that was perfect for his new place! I got him an I miss you card, since I won't be seeing him for about 2 months. Finally, I got a birthday bag to put that stuff in. I put it all together and met up with him to have a drink and he was so shocked! He loved the sunflowers and I did get quite a few giggles out of him. That was my first time buying a man flowers and I will definitely be doing it again. He also enjoyed all the thought put into the gifts and was a little mad at me for doing that, since he hadn’t gotten me anything. That's the beauty of surprises. You do something nice for someone, with no expectations at all. I love that. So worth seeing the huge smile on his face from ear to ear. He did complain at the end of the night that his face hurt and I took that as a compliment. I'll keep you posted on our next encounter!   

Awe, that's so nice! Pity he has to move out of state so soon, but as someone who married the guy I long distance dated, you never know! Wishing you so much love and many, many more laughs with your beau! ❤️ 

He has actually been out of state the past 4 years for school. I would only see him when he would come home to CA every now and then. He is moving to NV now. He is so cute, I was joking, giving him crap about leaving me and his answer was, "I've already calculated it. I can come see you at least twice a month." Awwww. I plan on visiting him too. We aren't official yet, but I am wondering.. do you have any advice for long distance relationships, @themusefactory?

Hmmm... biggest piece of advice? It only works if you want it to. Meaning, sometimes it's going to be pretty awful, but if that is your person, keep at it! 

Second? Technology is your friend, use FaceTime, Skype to see each other and talk as much as possible. Wish you could have dinner together? Do it over FaceTime. Want to watch a movie? Sync your TV's and lounge together and watch the film. Wish you could take a romantic stroll? Again, Face time. There is so  much that you can do together and still laugh and have fun even if it's shared through a phone or computer! 

Lastly? What are both of you into? Find a way to make that thing special. Put time into it just like you would if you were physically together. Of course you're going to be excited when you get to see each other in person again, but don't make that the priority (it generally won't live up to the expectations you have in your head) Make the priority what you CAN do now to grow together and share moments! 

Hope this helps! Sending you big hugs ❤️ 

@themusefactory I just saw this! I appreciate you taking the time to put this together for me. It definitely helps! He's currently on a month long vacay in Europe & Africa & I was a little bummed I wouldn't get to talk to him much, but he has totally surprised me and I have gotten to hear from him for the past 3 days, quite a bit. So that's kind of cool, but I also want him to enjoy his trip & not worry about having to check in. It's sweet though. Can't wait to see where this adventure takes us (:

@kissXmakeup Yay! I'm glad things are going well! Also, I'm super glad to hear he's reaching out when he can. That's awesome! If you ever feel bummed or need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me ❤️ 

@themusefactory & @Ispend2much6 Update on the man friend :

He is still on vacation & we are still going strong! He is so cute, apologizing for not being able to talk to me as much as he can or wants to because he hasn't had access to wifi & has been busy. DUH! He's on vacation and I want him to enjoy himself. He did end up getting an international phone plan because he missed me so much haha. I was reading about the 5 love languages and thought it would be interesting to ask about his, even though I had already guessed correctly. You know how they say people tend to show love how they like to receive it? Well, both mine & his were super easy to tell based off of that. Sparked some good conversation. Still taking things one day at a time & really enjoying the new memories! I thought I would be a little sad not being able to talk to him as much, but he is so good at communicating and has yet to make me feel forgotten about. It's been the whole opposite, he is so sweet & is constantly telling me how much he misses me and can't wait to be back and explaining what he likes about me.. Can you tell his love language is words of affirmation? 😛 

@kissXmakeup Awe!

If he's vacationing in Europe, maybe drop a hint to send you some Neve Cosmetics (ugh, so gorgeous but only ships to Europe, lol!) And if Asia drop some brush hints, hahaha! 

But I am so excited for you! I'm so glad things are going well and you're communicating and building some special memories! What's been your favorite memory so far? 

Please keep us updated! ❤️ 

@themusefactory I just looked up Neve cosmetics and my gosh! I want all the makeup pretties! He is in Italy right now. My favorite memory so far has been getting to learn more about each other. Although I have know him for 5 years, we don't really know each other all that well. His love language is physical touch and secondary is words of affirmation, so he is constantly telling me how much he misses me and likes me and even goes into detail about why he likes me, without me initiating those conversations. It is very refreshing to be talking to someone who is so good at communicating, it isn't something I am used to. 

@kissXmakeup Ah, Neve is so good! They really need to come across to the US! And that's so great that you're learning about each other more and feeling really cared about. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

I hope you get to see each other soon, as in, I hope he asks you to Italy and your next response is that you are currently in a villa, looking out at the sea  🙂 

@kissXmakeup  Awesome!  That is a great book, The Five Love Languages.

@Ispend2much6 I have never read it before. I am looking to get it, I did see there are different versions of it. Probably going to get the one for singles 😛

@themusefactory You're a doll. (: I sure will!

@kissXmakeup  Girl, you are already gone. 🙂  Wishing the best for you guys!

@Ispend2much6 I am reeled in, for sure. Is there any turning back at this point??

@kissXmakeup  Probably not, but there's no need to. 🙂

Yayyyyyy for promotion!!!!!  @kissXmakeup

Thanks, @wheeeee! Can't wait to start training.

Congratulations! @kissXmakeup!

Thanks, @AMK721! (:

@kissXmakeup  congrats on the promotion! Yippie!!!!! 🙂

testing