Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

@unfungirl  Yea!  Slow and steady maintenance is good!

I never got my Botox which I wanted for 2 years!   My 3 little eye crinkles that I wanted gone were cut-away with this surgery!  

I will post when I can do eyeshadow look.  Excited!

Happy Birthday @wheeeee ! I've been Eyeing you 😄 😄 😄

lolol @darkiceis i see what you did there.

hahahahah!  @darkiceis

Happy Birthday @wheeeee!!!!

T/y!  @Mcakes

I have a few days of my 'young self' left!!!  hahaha!  

Congrats on your new "you"!!

T/y!  @AMHWKI  All brand new lids!!

Happy Birthday @wheeeee!  I'm also curious about your eyelid surgery. I have had hooded eyes all my life and now as the top lid is starting to droop, it's getting to be very little real estate left to put shadow on lol.

Seriously, I will have to have this done in a couple of years as it's starting to affect my vision. Did it hurt a lot right after? I'm a chicken for pain and squeamish, maybe I should get full anesthesia and lots of painkillers, haha.

T/y!  @prettyinpa

Spoiler
Same thing was happening to me.
I kept raising my right eye (involuntarily) and then I would noticed people giving me weird looks. When people would talk to me if this happened.......it looked like I was giving them 'snooty-eye' because it also raises your eyebrow.
hahahahhaha!

I realized this was happening about a year ago. But, it probably has been going on for a lot longer.

No, it didn't hurt. I should heal up pretty quickly as well since I only did my upper eyelid skin. The lid skin is very thin and heals very quickly.

When you look online keep in mind that a lot of people do Uppers/Lowers together and supposedly Lowers hurt a lot.  They scooped out your fat, reposition fat, etc.  They stitched you up on your waterline for Lowers.  If you notice my photo for Uppers.  My skin was just cut-out and then sewn up.  

When you get home you just take care of your 'face space'.........make sure nobody can hit/bump you like dogs or kids kinda thing............but, other than that you can walk around, drive, go out on errands, etc. My prescription sunglasses hide everything. I am bruised around the eyes.

Have no fear! I got numbing shots around my eyes during surgery and then Tramadol and Valium at home.
I only needed 2 Tramadols. No pain at all!

Eye fatigue and watery eyes for the first 2 days was the worst of it.

Online or watching TV is difficult. You can't exercise or cuddle your pets. Boredom!!!!!  I managed!

I drove myself to the doctor's on Day 3 without any problems. 

Go for it!!!! ;')

@wheeeee Thanks for all the details. And I'm happy to hear the pain was so manageable. I fear I have a lower and upper in my future. Both are genetic and when I see my dad's eyes, I want to cry LOL! My grandfathers uppers were so bad he had surgery. He couldn't even drive anymore because his vision was so impaired.  

I dont want to look twenty or like a different person. Just need that skin hoisted up a bit. People always ask me if I'm tired. 

i sent you a PM  @pixiedust2

Congratulations! Glad you're recovering well and did something that makes you feel great.

T/y!  @starsandbucks   So, far, so good! 

Wow, I didn't know that was a thing. I'd like to be able to afford to get something done so my lids aren't as hooded. I've had hooded lids my whole life. I also have a prominent line in each lower lid, which I've also had my whole life.

It is! @shyvicki

Spoiler
If you have hooded lids you will probably need this surgery in older age since they just keep dropping.
This surgery is inexpensive when you compare it to others.

If you can afford to be ROUGE, you can probably manage to save for this surgery with  a little less shopping and more savings in about a year.  Don't get discouraged by the cost.  

Your under-eye lines sound like tear troughs. There are like a million treatments for that and it is best to consult your doctor.  

In Canada, the surgery is free if you have severely hooded eyes. My mom keeps saying she wants to get it done at some point.

Yes!  @Beadshopgirl

Spoiler
This surgery is covered by insurance in US as well. The major qualifying factor is that it has to impaired your vision.

You have to go to your eye doctor and do some testing and then submit to insurance company kinda thing.

Mine just sat on top of my eyelashes. I could wear false eyelashes and you couldn't tell I was wearing big 'ole fake lashes. And, I have huge eyes, too! lol!!!

But, if you go online you can see many people where their lids are literally drooping in front of their eyes. Those are the people that qualify for insurance coverage in US.

If you are like this, yea, explore with your insurance company, for sure!

Happy birthday @wheeeee. Speedy recovery to one brave lady! Stay fabulous! 

Awwwwwe, so sweet, T/y!  @blackkitty2014  

Happy birthday @wheeeee!! I hope you have a speedy recovery! 😄

testing