Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

T/y!  @prettyinpa

Spoiler
Same thing was happening to me.
I kept raising my right eye (involuntarily) and then I would noticed people giving me weird looks. When people would talk to me if this happened.......it looked like I was giving them 'snooty-eye' because it also raises your eyebrow.
hahahahhaha!

I realized this was happening about a year ago. But, it probably has been going on for a lot longer.

No, it didn't hurt. I should heal up pretty quickly as well since I only did my upper eyelid skin. The lid skin is very thin and heals very quickly.

When you look online keep in mind that a lot of people do Uppers/Lowers together and supposedly Lowers hurt a lot.  They scooped out your fat, reposition fat, etc.  They stitched you up on your waterline for Lowers.  If you notice my photo for Uppers.  My skin was just cut-out and then sewn up.  

When you get home you just take care of your 'face space'.........make sure nobody can hit/bump you like dogs or kids kinda thing............but, other than that you can walk around, drive, go out on errands, etc. My prescription sunglasses hide everything. I am bruised around the eyes.

Have no fear! I got numbing shots around my eyes during surgery and then Tramadol and Valium at home.
I only needed 2 Tramadols. No pain at all!

Eye fatigue and watery eyes for the first 2 days was the worst of it.

Online or watching TV is difficult. You can't exercise or cuddle your pets. Boredom!!!!!  I managed!

I drove myself to the doctor's on Day 3 without any problems. 

Go for it!!!! ;')

@wheeeee Thanks for all the details. And I'm happy to hear the pain was so manageable. I fear I have a lower and upper in my future. Both are genetic and when I see my dad's eyes, I want to cry LOL! My grandfathers uppers were so bad he had surgery. He couldn't even drive anymore because his vision was so impaired.  

I dont want to look twenty or like a different person. Just need that skin hoisted up a bit. People always ask me if I'm tired. 

i sent you a PM  @pixiedust2

Congrats on your new "you"!!

T/y!  @AMHWKI  All brand new lids!!

Happy Birthday @wheeeee!!!!

T/y!  @Mcakes

I have a few days of my 'young self' left!!!  hahaha!  

Happy Birthday @wheeeee ! I've been Eyeing you Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

hahahahah!  @darkiceis

lolol @darkiceis i see what you did there.

happiest of birthdays, @wheeeee!!  

i am actually really curious about cosmetic surgery the closer i get to 40! i hope you are healing well, and you should totally post looks when you are healed!

T/y!  @unfungirl

Yes, totally!!!   Must be something we can't see....because, from your photos you look fab!  Research is everything and take your time deciding.  

oh @wheeeee, you are too kind!!

i don't have anything in mind, but i can see the effects of gravity starting to take place on my face!

i am definitely a big researcher for anything big!! i got botox for the first time this year, and i researched places for months before i took the plunge Smiley Happy

can't wait to see your eyes post-op! you should do a before and after photo! Smiley Happy

@unfungirl  Yea!  Slow and steady maintenance is good!

I never got my Botox which I wanted for 2 years!   My 3 little eye crinkles that I wanted gone were cut-away with this surgery!  

I will post when I can do eyeshadow look.  Excited!

Happy birthday @wheeeee . You are really brave. I hope you get your desired outcome ! Looking forward to see your looks 🙂

EDIT: Just realized my auto correct had changed "brave" into "brand" due to whatever weird reason so I edited it back.

T/y so much!  @fatimamummy   I hope so, too!!!  I will be able to post an eyeshadow look next month  

I hope I'm not late! Happy birthday, @wheeeee ! Hope you are feeling well! And, congrats on your new you! Smiley Wink

You are early!  hahah!  T/y so much!  @lyravega

I can't wait to see the pics of your post-surgical looks!  Hope your recovery is still going well!  (and ouch!)   @wheeeee

@wheeeee,

Wow!  You are brave!  That scares me.  Thanks for showing this, though.  I'll need this all too soon!

Surgery is risky, of course.  @tsavorite I was awake and it took 30 minutes.  We listened to Rihanna and talked about food during the surgery. 

The only 'gruesome' part was that I could hear him cutting away my eyelids and it just felt like he was never going to stop.  Like nails on chalkboard kinda feeling. 

I totally understand needing this at some point.  If you have the hooded lids that rest on top of your eyelashes they will just keep dropping until your vision is impaired. Online you see tons of men in their 50's and 60's. 

Actually, I think my vision improved a little.  I can better in the mirror without  glasses/contacts. 

I have heard about the vision being impacted by droopy eyelids. Could you feel anything?  Even pressure?

@wheeeee,  I'm so happy for you that you have this done and it is over with!  I have hooded eyes and I know this surgery will be in my eventual future.  I'm squeamish about the thought of having scalpels near my eyes.  It's good to know how well you are doing!  Happy Birthday!!!  Smiley Happy

Thank you! @tsavorite   this is a surgery I could of had at any time but the procrastination and hesitation is because surgery IS risky.  I could look at 10 Before & After success photos and then just look at 1 Botched and it would put me off for years!

I just felt like doing some consults and this doctor made me feel comfortable.  Just went for it!  

You will know when it is the right time for you!  

Wow, I didn't know that was a thing. I'd like to be able to afford to get something done so my lids aren't as hooded. I've had hooded lids my whole life. I also have a prominent line in each lower lid, which I've also had my whole life.