Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

Oh, I totally tried a jello salad recipe from my book about food fads. I made ginger ale salad from the 1920s, @wheeeee! Then I made tomato aspic and will never do that again. Plus, I made it in a Halloween jello mold shaped like a brain and another like an anatomical heart because those were the only molds I had at the time. I've collected proper jello molds from estate sales since then. 😂

IMG_6019.JPG

@txcatx  I remember making gingerale salad in home ec!  (I was born after the 1920's, in case you were wondering.;)  Have you found the site toriavey dot com?  She has lots of food history on there.

Have you seen those little recipe booklets from the 50's and 60's that were published by the Culinary Arts Institute?  They are so fascinating to read (to me anyway.)  Here's a photo of one of them:

mWPQoUKfnSmpNOFwY0spsoA.jpg

@Ispend2much6 I do have a couple of those recipe booklets! They're tucked between the books on this shelf. Come on, I couldn't resist buying both Party Potpourri and Foreign Foods at an estate sale. Never mind that Foreign Foods destroys the food of my motherland. It's just fascinating.

IMG_3810.JPG

The Culinary Arts Institute taught me how to make orange sherbet without an ice cream maker and then serve a scoop in an orange basket!

IMG_5896.JPG

@txcatx  Now I'm kind of wondering what that Party Potpourri book is about... my mind is going wild. lol

@Ispend2much6 Party Potpourri is a book of party recipes written by members of the Junior League of Memphis in 1976! It includes delights such as Cream Cheese Consommé Mold (beef consommé, gelatin, cream cheese, anchovies, and bourbon) and Beef Tartare Loaf.

What a combo!  @txcatx

Are you a Junior Leaguer too @txcatx?! 

90s 90s tv 90s tv shows tamera mowry tia mowry GIF

I'm not, @Mcakes. I just somehow end up at estate sales where there are lots of Junior League cookbooks, ha. I have plenty of friends who are members, though!

@txcatx  I love it!  Yes, the Italian one isn't quite authentic- ketchup for spaghetti sauce?  But, I love them and I  have nearly all of them, including the cookie one from the 20's.  Etsy had them at a great price.

Great job with the sherbet!

Ooh, food history - that sounds like a really interesting (and yummy!) degree!  I took a cake decorating class in college (closest I ever came to culinary arts), and it was one of my favorite courses ever. 🙂 

Cakes are fun! We did patisserie in school and I also enjoyed it!  I even ran a pastry kitchen for a few years when they 'dumped' me there.  It was one of my first jobs and the guys were like.......she is coming from culinary school?  Send her to the pastry kitchen.

At first I was disappointed, but after 2 weeks settled in nicely and really enjoyed my time at this hotel which even had a gorgeous chocolate-making room!!!  Funny how things turned out. 

Congrats @Milou07!! Very exciting and enjoy your well deserved shopping!

Wow, many congrats, @Milou07! It's getting more and more difficult to land on a fully funded PhD program these days, it seems. Totally worthy of a Sephora spree, if you ask me. 😉 

If you don't mind me asking, what's the field of your study? 😄

I completely agree.  Especially since I won't have as much time to shop while I'm actually studying... 😉

Business marketing! 😄  

Today was funny.  Sephora package coming.  Those are usually here by noon.

BUT, today.....No!  I looked for it every 30 minutes and it finally arrived at 7:30 PM!!!!  First, I went to the door but then got smart and just checked my email.  When it finally said....'Delivered'......

HAPPY!  

az.jpg

IMG_3114.JPG

Poor Kenny!  Look at that side eye 👀

Awww.... poor Kenny!!!  I know that look well - my dog is on a bit of a diet too, and he has perfected the guilty/hungry look!  

Poor Kenny, bet he's trying to break out of that joint!

Awww...look at his eyes!

LOL!!!  Poor thing...don't get too close to poor Kenny, he's probably starving!   

Image result for angry dog gif

Are those chompers real on that poodle???  HA!

testing