Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

Thanks, @Samtian!

That's not cool! At least the toll thing was funny, once I realized it was a prank. 

Happy Saturday and April's Fools everyone!

LOL OMG! Obviously that is a joke but seriously I can see a brand putting produce in their chocolate to be extra. They already put chips, bacon, spices, other candies etc in chocolate. 😜

I learned people deep fry butter so anything is possible...🙀

@Karmatic  Are you kidding me?  Deep-fry butter?  How can that even work?  But, I agree with you- I wasn't sure it was a joke at first either.

@Ispend2much6 I wish I was kidding but apparently they do this kind of stuff at carnivals and fairs.

I believe they freeze the butter, put it in batter and then fry it. I am a fairly adventurous eater but no thanks. I would be too afraid to try it! 

Spoiler
This is what deep fried butter looks like. No thanks, I want to live! 😒

upload_1831338638020242528.jpg

I have seen folks deep frying cereal, pizza and Slim Fast bars

Oh, my!  Slim Fast- now that's crazy!

@Karmatic I've never had deep fried butter either (and never will lol), but that is how you make it. It's also how you prepare fried ice cream. Now that is something I would try. 

I did watch a Buzzfeed taste test where they tried deep fried butter. Apparently it tastes like a sugar cookie. 😄

@lmi82 I would be interested in trying deep fried pizza and ice cream just to say I did. I have only tried a deep fried Twinkie at a restaurant and that was so gross!

One of my good friends eats deep fried ice cream when he vacations in Hawaii every year. He told me that he loves it and said I should try it. 

OMG I didn't even see this video yet! LOL no way that they deep fry PB&J sandwiches. Fried butter looks even grosser on video...

I remember a long-closed Mexican restaurant chain used to serve fried ice cream.  They only dip it into the oil for a few seconds to crisp up the cereal coating, so that's not so bad.

No for the butter!

@Karmatic You should add deep fried cheesecake to your list! It's the only unusual deep fried food I've tried. One of my local pizza places has it on their menu and it's so good.  

Yeah, I still can't get over how nasty the deep fried butter looks. And oh man that Twinkie must have been a grease sponge. Yuck! 😛

This is really random but I felt the need to share the good news with someone.

A few weeks back I saw a Facebook video of a woman who went on Shark Tank and promoted her invention called The Sleep Styler. It is basically hair rollers that you put in your hair when it is wet and it will not only dry your hair, but it will curl or straighten it WITHOUT heat. I thought it was amazing so I went online and bought one. After I checked out, there was an option to join a contest they were holding where the winner of the contest would win the whole bundle and I decided to enter just for the fun of it. I got an email from one of their directors this afternoon saying that I WON THE CONTEST. I rarely win things like this so I am super pumped!

Anywho, thanks for reading for those of you that read my post. I should be getting my prize in May so I can always report back with my findings to see if the invention is truly as great as it sounds 🙂

Yay!  Congrats!  @gonerogue.  Please let us know what you think after you get the bundle.  😊

@gonerogue omg that is awesome congrats! 😄

That's so awesome! Congrats. 🙂 

XOXO,
Marieke

YAY!!! Congrats @gonerogue!!!  Please let us know what you think of the product!

@gonerogue That's awesome and congratulations on winning! I never win anything either but hey, the timing couldn't have been better! Feel better soon and looking forward to the review, girl! 🤗

@gonerogue Awesome! I'm happy that you won! 🙂

@lmi82 Thank you! I've been having a long day at work so when I checked my personal email tonight and found out I won, my day got a lot better 😁

@gonerogue  It's taken me all day to remember it's April Fool's Day, and I'm not sure I believe you...no offense. 🙂

@Ispend2much6 definitely NOT and April fools joke lol I can post my prize in May once I get it 🙂

2 Replies
testing