Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

THE PARTY THREAD

A place to say thanks to helpful BTer's, share your new BT status or heart achievement... A place to joke around, share memes, riddles or anything else you want to. Let's bring back some life in this place!!!!

Where the unicorns play - Post your unicorn mail here:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Besides-Beauty/THE-UNICORN-MAIL-THREAD/m-p/3645731

29d1962a0afd13c82d50532134eb59e5.jpg 

OTHER FUN THREADS

Spoiler

Re: THE PARTY THREAD

Guys, I need your good juju to be sent my way! I have an interview today for a marketing intern position.  I'm in my junior year at college and it has been SO hard finding places to even give me an interview (I blame me being a Canadian who lives in the US to be a bit of a problem- many online applications ask if I require sponsorship now or in the future, and I mean yeah in like 2 years I'd potentially require it but for an internship I don't, and automatically I get disqualified when I hit the "yes" button on that question :(), anyways though, it's for a big company and the description is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a marketing internship! Oh it also helps that it pays $5.75 more per hour than my current job.  So yes, please all, send Sabrina all the good vibezzzzzzz

Good luck!

Good Luck!  @sabrinas, I hope you get it!  🙂

Good luck @sabrinas!! 😄 I really hope you get it! Keep us posted!

Good luck!!

Good luck @sabrinas!!

Well regarding answering "yes" to needing sponsorship - the questions is:

"Do you need sponsorship now, or in future, to be hired for the INTERNSHIP position" 

Unless it is worded differently, don't assume you have to know everything that could ever happen in the future, where you'll be in the future, what the world will be up to, what the sponsorship laws will be, who will be president, etc... cause if you can... you should start your own company anyway. 

And if you still are like.. "But, I need to be super-duperdy honesty!!"

Then think of this:

"No, I don't need sponsorship to be and intern NOW, and there's a .001% chance I'm going to marry some american in 18 months and will get a greencard.. so that I don't need sponsorship later.. so.. NO, I'm good :D"

or

"No, I don't need sponsorship to be an intern NOW, and there's a good chance US will invade Canada and assimilate us as a people so.. I'll be good then too.. so, I'm good"

or 

"No, I don't need sponsorship to be an intern NOW, and there's a fantastic chance that this is just a teensy stepping stone to something more amazing so I"ll be SOOOO outta here in 18 months before the issue of my eligibility is an issue, so I'm good"

Just be prepared to provide HR with proper documentation of your legal eligibility to work the intership, and you are fine. 

Yeah, I think it'll be fine! My school deals with all the legalities of me working in the US so all is swell, it's just annoying anyways to deal with all these shenanigans, and my home town is literally an hour away from the US/CAN border, yet I get treated like I'm from the moon, lol! @Insomniacmuffin

one more comment @sabrinas

"it's for a big company and the description is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a marketing internship!"

The reason for this question is that internships are required to provide educational benefit to the student, therefore they have to set the target of what you want to learn there so they can ensure

1. They are capable of providing that knowledge

2. they provide you with 'that' learning opportunity by the end of your internship

Internships don't exist because company's are benevolent - they exist because company's get tax and federal benefit incentives to do so. They are accountable to prove, if audited, that the position met educational requirements, otherwise they would literally just be hiring college students to replace skilled workers at cut rates and taking tax payouts for doing it.

@Insomniacmuffin Yeah I mostly posted about the description because I've come across SOO many job postings for marketing internships that say I'd be doing so and so, then I got to talking to them and they tell me "oh by that we meant finding buyers for our product" aka cold calling, and working on 100% commission! This one seems to be different so lets hope 😛 Lol

And thats hilarious about the "with training" part of that question! People are really quick to jump to a response, I've learned the hard way as well that double reading a question is important.

Haha @ "From the moon"

We do the same things to the International applicants here. So many times I've had great applicants disqualify themselves because they read too far into a simple question. 

As an example - one company i worked at we would pre-screen asking if they are able to operate a forklift, with training. SO many said no.. because they read "are they able" and ignored "with training". We offered training as part of the hire.

Sending ways of good juju your way!! You are amazing so hopefully they will see that they need what you bring to the table! Good luck!

Sending all the good vibes! You got this @sabrinas!

You will be great!!! Good luck!!! 🙂

Wishing you the best of luck!! 🙂

Good luck!

Sending good vibes your way! 

@sabrinaslol guess we posted at the same time.  I am sure it will go well and you'll get the job.  Pretty sure luck is on your side 😉  Good luck!!! Cross fingers!

@angel7594  I hope your birthday is filled with beauty!

937ba2ce03edea8695eaba7b06da27a9.jpg

@Ispend2much6, Thank you! 💗

Oh yes, happy birthday! Sorry I'm a bit delayed, but hey better late than never 😄 😄 I hope it was lovely for you! @angel7594

3 Replies
testing