Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Swapping on Make Up Alley with Beauty Talk Friends

A few of us were interested in a swap board on Beauty Talk. Since Sephora chose not to respond to this, we thought it would be agood idea for those people who were interested in swapping with each other to use MUA as a forum for this. If you have an MUA username and are interested in swapping with your trusted Beauty Talk friends, please list your Beauty talk username followed by your MUA user name like this!

1. mermadelove:mermadelove

2. katie1724:Katie75007

3. prettyinpa:prettyinpa

and so forth!

Please cut and paste the list in your post so that the most current list is always on the last page.

Thanks and Sparkle on!

*~*~~*

Re: Swapping on Make Up Alley with Beauty Talk Friends

Okay guys, I''m an idiot. What is MakeupAlley? How do I get there? How do I sign up? Give me some clues so I too can be swapping!  lol -- Kati

Makeupalley is awesome! Before i buy something, i look at sephora and makeupalley, and if the product is any lower than 4 lippies on makeupalley, or 4 swirls on sephora, i don't get it. makeupalley is a makeup/skincare reviewing site. I always go there for advice! Whatever product you want to look itno, type it into google with makeupalley written after it, then yuo'll find it! 🙂

Tags:

I just signed up....so it may take me a bit to get this all figured out.

1. mermadelove:mermadelove

2. katie1724: Katie75007

3. prettyinpa: prettyinpa

4. officegal: OfficeGal

5. katimae: katimae

6. lashreece: lashreece

Alright, so here's the most updated list-

1.mermadelove:mermadelove

2.katie1724:katie75007

3.prettyinpa:prettyinpa

4.officegal:offficegal

5.katiemae:katimae

6.lashreece;lashreece

6.beebrunet:beebrunet0215

🙂

LOL! The site did it again with prettyinpa's name and officegal's name!

If you google make up alley you will find it, KAtimae! It's a community ( not quite as awesome as this one, in some ways) where you can swap make up items, read reviews, join discusiions, etc.

Let us know your name when you get there!!

xo

P.S. Gals: pretty in pa's MUA screen name should not have a stick your tongue out smiley. It should be a P! The website read the colon and the p as a smiley!!!

LOL!

":P"

mermadelove wrote:

P.S. Gals: pretty in pa's MUA screen name should not have a stick your tongue out smiley. It should be a P! The website read the colon and the p as a smiley!!!

LOL!

":P"

LOL!!!! Sorry, prettyinpa. I was so zoned out today that I didn't realize it didn't make sense. I thought someone wanted the face in there... LMAO!

People are going yo think we're nuts!! 😮

Oh wait-- they already know that 😛

It is NOT a requirement to have a smiley in your name! 😄

I signed up on MUA just to see if my user name was open and is was not.  So if you all see a tenngal on MUA that IS NOT me.  I am signed up as tenngal1.  I don't know that I'll do any swapping or anything, but I did want to let you know that whoever the tenngal is that is on MUA currently is not me.

Here's the most updated list:

1. mermadelove: mermadelove

2. katie1724: katie75007

4. officegal: offficegal

5. katiemae: katimae

7. beebrunet: beebrunet0215

8. tenngal: tenngal1

On to the next...:)

@tenngal: thanks for taking the silly smiles out of people's names!!!

😄

I'm on there too! 

9. 18psu55: 18psu55

Also, I might as well throw a shout out here, but does anyone have a MAC Fluidline in Iris Eyes? I realize that it has been discontinued for a lonnnng time but I want it so bad! I've never swapped on MUA before, just reviewed so I don't know how much I trust everything...

@18psu55: I was really wary of it, too, but so far it has worked out really well...if you haven't swapped at all and have no tokens, I really recommend swapping wtih people who have a ton of (positive) tokens. Out of the ones I've had so far, only one person made me nervous, but it turned out to be fine. More often than not, you can usually get a good sense by how well they communicate. It's also really confusing, because with the exception of one person's notepad, there are no clear guidelines posted anywhere (probably because the site does not want to assume responsibility). If you have any questions, feel free to ask! : )

(Unrelated) PS: Does the psu stand for Penn State? Half of my friends (and siblings!) went there -- how fun 🙂

@Katie: Ah I am so glad you asked, yes it does stand for Penn State! I currently go to school there! I love it 🙂 Tell your siblings "We Are..." 😉

And thanks for the info about MUA. I have lots of stuff I don't really touch and there are some out of stock items that I am dying to have! I'll have to try it for sure. 

So have you guys made any swaps yet?

FYI - I made a typo in my first post here and my username on MUA doesn't have three Fs. So it's OfficeGal just like how it's spelt here.

LOL! I didn't even notice you had three f's! I FFFound you anyway!

😄

I sent out my first swap item today. I sent out one of the OCC lip tars that were so horrible for me in exchange for RBL in Stormy. So excited!

mermadelove wrote:

LOL! I didn't even notice you had three f's! I FFFound you anyway!

😄

LOL!

I keep forgetting to check in there. I've only listed one item for swap and didn't create a wish list.

If anybody is in "need" of Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in #5, please let me know! I want to get rid of it. It's the most expensive waste ever.

I went a bit crazy when I discovered MUA --I have 21 successful swaps and about 5 more pending...most of them for things I had really been wanting! I think I need to stop for a while after these, though, once the novelty wears off 🙂 I think I also need to go through what I have and post more for swap (including things I've received that have not worked or that I don't need).

🙂

@daisy: You should! It can save you money (postage really is not expensive), and it's a great way to get things you have always wanted. It was great for me because I was able to get my hands on irreplaceable things I had a) always wanted (limited editions I missed out on, etc.) or b) had, and lost. I have to be careful, though, because sometimes people will contact me for a swap, and I will look at their list and discover something that would be interesting -- but it's not something I would have wanted. I think after the novelty wears off (with the exception of a few things, I have much of what I wanted now), I'll probably take a little break 🙂

My first swap is en route! yay! I'm so glad we are doing this. Daisy you should definitely sign up!

I did not sign up on MUA but I did check to see if my username was taken and it is.  Just letting you know "kalex" on MUA isn't me!

I changed my mind and signed up.  I'm on there as "kalex00".  Now begins the daunting task of clearing out my stuff!

9. 18psu55: 18psu55

10. kalex: kalex00

3 Replies
Conversation Stats