Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Should you get a cartilage piercing in both ears or just one?

I have two lobe piercings in both ears (for a total of 4). I want to get my cartilage (called a helix piercing) pierced and I see a lot of people only do one ear. 

Is it not stylish if you do it one in both ears? Would it look weird if both ears had the same number and positioning of piercings? Should I just get one side? I like symmetry but I also don't want my ears/face to look stupid. 

Re: Should you get a cartilage piercing in both ears or just one?

I've seen people with both sides done. I have 12 piercings in my ears with most being in the right.I only did cartilage on my one ear because i prefer to sleep on my other side and didn't want earrings digging into my head. If you like how it looks, it wont look weird if its only on one side or on both ears.

I always say go for one first, wait a while, then go back for a second if you want more. It doesn't look "off" if it's asymmetrical. I tend to see most people with odd sets in their ears, always have. 

As an oldster on these boards, I say start slow. As a teenager of the 80's, I have piercings on both sides that go clear up into my cartilage. I don't wear all those rings anymore, but I still have the piercings. They never fully heal up. So that's just something to consider.

I don't mind mine, they're battle scars of my youth. But if you care about perfect ears in the future, those holes may close a bit, but scar tissue builds up and they won't ever be flat again.  20 years later, I can still poke any of them open easily. 

I actually like the idea of asymmetry, but that would make me a hypocrite because I have two helix piercings hehe. Try it out! If you don't like it, you can always take it out. Check out the pic. There's more options!

images.jpg

I would say go ahead and get both if that's what you want, I don't think it would look weird at all, and I like the idea of symmetry as well.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors