Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Shipping Delays - How long is TOO long?

I understand posts about shipping complaints aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but how long is too long to have something shipped from Sephora? I live in Ontario and usually I am lucky enough to receive most of my orders within 2 -3 days. With this recent order I did expect some delay, as mentioned, due to the sale and Canada Post disruptions. However, the order I placed on Nov. 20 (it shipped on Nov. 20 as well) has an estimated December 6 delivery date (the date has been pushed back numerous times.) Additionally, while all my previous orders have come from Mississauga, this one is being sent from British Columbia. Over two weeks seems a bit much but curious to hear other’s opinions and experiences. I’ve placed 2 other orders since then and have received both of them already. 

Re: Shipping Delays - How long is TOO long?

So as I continue to watch my delivery date get pushed back, I'm curious to know if Sephora will be providing any flexibility in their return policy? Maybe a MOD can help with this question? 

Hi @Lucki1! Yes! We still encourage to return the product as close as you can within the time-frame but, for items returned to us at .com, we will be flexible given the circumstances!  🙂 Thank you for patience! 

Regards, 

Kevin

@Lucki1 I have two packages from the 18th that shipped and were processed in Mississauga on the 21st but there is no estimated delivery date 🤷🏽‍♀️ I found the BC warehouse ones came faster than the Mississauga packages because the Mississauga hub seemed to be subject to more backlog and delay. I don’t know what’s gonna happen with the backlog. There seems to be discrepancies between what CP says on their website and what the union itself says, which is that the backlog will be cleared in a week to a week and a half (I doubt that but I’ll remain optimistic LOL)

@Lucki1

Well I sincerely hope it arrives to you before the estimated delivery date.

I am still waiting on a package that left the UK on November 8. I think it could be lost at this point (tracking only good in the UK). The company I bought it from is not being helpful either (yes I have bought from them before and the item arrived).

@virgo87 I’m actually waiting for a package from the UK too. Fingers crossed we both get our orders soon 🙂

@Lucki1  Thanks, I will cross my fingers for us both.

@virgo87@Lucki1I often buy from the UK and I've waited almost 2 months once for my package to get here... and that was pre-strike. I'm sure they'll get to you... you just have to wait it out unfortunately. 😞

@Lucki1 I've noticed certain brands ship from BC, for example Charoltte Tilbury is shipping from the BC Warehouse. Until CP is caught up, I'll buy any CT items at Holt Renfrew where I can just walk in and grab what I want. 

It's frustrating but there's nothing Sephora can do. 

@Lucki1  The rotating strikes put CP in huge backlogs... last I heard they have over 400 trailers of mail that wasn't processed and for each day on strike it backed them up like 3 days or more... so we are going to have to wait a while. The ETA for clearing parcels is estimated to be Jan 2019 and international packages is March 2019.

@veronika23 Yikes! That’s some major backlogs. Sounds like I might have better luck personally delivering my Christmas cards this year 😉 thanks for the response and updates. 

@Lucki1  yeah I think that's a great idea. 🙂 I haven't shipped anything because I fear they'll loose it in all the chaos.

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing