Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Sephoria 2019- Community Meet-Up?

Hello, BIC! Looks like it's that time of the year again! As you may know, Sephoria tickets go on sale tomorrow for Rouge members and before I jump the gun and get my tickets, this year I want to see which day will have the most Community members attend so we can have an LA meetup that weekend. I know it's still early but I really want to make this happen as I've been a Community member for some years now and have only met a handful of you in real life. Last year I was unable to meet any Community members at Sephoria because of the session I attended so I'm hoping this year will be different 🙂

As BIC grows by the day, I feel the importance of Community Meetups grows as well so we can see just how many beauty lovers are all around us! 

Feel free to comment on which session you are looking at attending just so we can all get an idea of which day will have the most Community members in the area so we can meet at Sephoria and to help plan an unofficial meetup outside of the event as well.

Here are the session numbers, dates and times for reference:

SESSION 1
Saturday, 9/7
10am–2pm* 

MASTERCLASSES 
Angel Merino
Vicky Tsai
Natasha Denona

SESSION 2
Saturday, 9/7
4pm–8pm* 

MASTERCLASSES 
Sarah Lee & Christine Chang 
NikkieTutorials
Alli Webb
Sophia Amoruso 

SESSION 3
Sunday, 9/8
10am–2pm* 

MASTERCLASSES 
Kristie Streicher
Patrick Ta
Amanda Chantal Bacon 

Sunday, 9/8
4pm–8pm* 

MASTERCLASSES 
Cindy Capobianco
Vicky Tsai
Natasha Denona 

IMG_3785.jpg

Re: Sephoria 2019- Community Meet-Up?

@CookieGirl1I will definitely be posting!  Ohhhhh and I may possibly try to go live on IG!  No promises, though - I am not very coordinated at filming, so we'll have to see how it all works out! ❤️

So jealous that you get to go but absolutely thrilled for you, @Tamara76 :).  Have a great time and I'm totally looking forward to your pics!

Thank you, @CookieGirl1 !

I went to Session 1 last year, but this year, I think I am going to do Session 3.  I feel like second day will be less chaotic and more organized, but Session 1 will always have the most attendees, hype, and better speaker/guests.  Also, I don't want to have to deal with traffic on Saturdays in LA since I have to drive myself there this time.

Is it just me or does the special speakers/guests seems kinda lacking this year especially for Day 2?  I certainly hope Sephora will bring in more speakers/guests in the next two months.  I am also a bit said there's way less masterclasses on skincare this year since that's what I am looking forward to the most.  For this reason, I still haven't bought my ticket and I had wanted to go VIP this time.

Sephoria this year may make or break it for me whether if I am returning next year.  I would like to see more/different brands, but it seems like most brands are the same from last year.  Since I am such a big skincare junkie, the lack of skincare brands is a turn off for me.

Totally random, but glad they changed the restrictions on the bag size from last year lol...

@kalekichan  So glad you’re attending! I agree you’re being strategic about the traffic situation if you go the second day instead of the first. Last year I went the second day and there were still a lot of people in line to get in but I bet there were way more on the 1st day. As for bag sizes, I went bag-less last year for fear of getting turned away but I saw A LOT of people with huge hobo bags so... I’m not sure if I would take that TOO seriously.

I knew someone who went both days last year, and she said second day is definitely not as crazy as the first.

Those who are going on first day, be mindful that it is a game day for USC football at the LA Coliseum on September 7, so parking/crowd will definitely be bad that day.

I also went bagless last year because of that! Haha.

@kalekichan  If you dont mind me asking, what area are you driving from? I live near Northridge.

RE: Re: Sephoria 2019- Community Meet-Up?

I’m coming from Pomona area

Re: RE: Re: Sephoria 2019- Community Meet-Up?

@kalekichan  Oh dang

I am devastated to be missing SEPHORiA this year due to a work conference. My consolation is I’ll be in Barcelona, but really so very sad to miss this year and miss seeing everyone now that we know the ropes a bit better this year! I will be Living vicariously through all of you, my dear friends!  @gonerogue  @Tamara76 💕💕💕

You will be missed roomie @sister13 😞 😞 😞 Heart 

We will miss you sooooo much, @sister13 !  But we can try to Skype you (and @NotCrocker ) or something - we'll figure it out! ❤️ 

@sister13   I’m so sad you’re not coming this time😔. It won’t be the same without you!  

Going to miss you like mad @sister13 

RE: Sephoria 2019- Community Meet-Up?

I don’t see where to put the code 😭😭😭😭😭

Re: RE: Sephoria 2019- Community Meet-Up?

@KNC24 

Are you accessing the site via the email that was sent out to Rouge members this morning? That’s how I got in and then it asked me to input my email.

RE: Re: RE: Sephoria 2019- Community Meet-Up?

@gonerogue I was doing it through the app. I didn’t see the email until now

Re: RE: Re: RE: Sephoria 2019- Community Meet-Up?

@KNC24  were you able to get in via the email? I can PM you the link if you weren’t successful. Let me know! 

@Anewxa0539A62D-EA79-42FE-A204-EFA32D52F4C4.jpeg Tagging you, girl!  You know you can’t resist us!💗

One of us! One of us! 

I want to do day 1 VIP - still deciding if session 1 or 2. Debating if I should get a GA admission for another session.

This thread is very helpful - thank you ❤️

Conversation Stats
Photos12
  • IMG_3785.jpg
  • E06544F0-8FBB-4A0F-9FE0-7B155E4D564E.gif
  • F78EC083-A613-4D1F-A453-ABE8EFCA369C.gif
  • giphy.gif
  • 0539A62D-EA79-42FE-A204-EFA32D52F4C4.jpeg
  • 598DC605-50F7-40DE-A805-0C4E418A0968.gif
  • FA499A0F-94D8-4E6A-BDCA-07948C7BA746.gif
  • 0.PNG
  • excited.gif