Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Scary Movies anyone?

So i just saw The Conjuring, and i must say, SCARIEST movie i have ever seen! 

So i was wondering what the scariest movie you ladies have seen!? I'm not big into scary movies, being that i'm a huge scardy cat, but before i saw The Conjuring, Insidious was pretty scary to me! So what's your favorite scary movie??

Re: Scary Movies anyone?

Oh i want to see Carrie, and  The purge!!! I don't have many people who love to see movies with me!!

Once they come out on Redbox is usually when i see them, Or rent them On Demand. But my sister saw Sinister, she said she was so freaked out!!!

Let the Right One In is a swedish move about a 12 year old vampire making friends with a bullied kid and feeding off her new town. (Let Me In is the American version if you don't want to read subtitles)

You're Next is a horror comedy that's super awesome. (Another home invasion movie that's good is The Strangers)

Tucker and Dale vs Evil is also a horror comedy...very funny. (scared teenage kids vs harmless rednecks)

V/H/S 1 has a good compilation of short films (S/V/H/S dropped the ball though)

Now for movies that are actually terrifying:

Inside (pre-natal baby snatching)

Martyrs (a woman that was kidnapped by a cult as a young girl finds them to seek revenge and things go beyond crazy and scary from there...someone gets skinned completely and kept alive)

Calvaire (guy's car breaks down in a french village where there are no women and everyone is completely insane)

I also suggest watching the original Carrie again, because it is actually believable.

The Strangers is sooooo creepy! The ending scared me when she's alive and opens her eyes!!

I saw this in the theater with my mom.  I still remember grabbing her arm when you first see the guy in the mask in the background as Liv Tyler is standing by the kitchen sink.  Creepy!

Lol I'm pretty sure i was holding my moms hand for dear life i was so scared!!!

Highlighted

I've seen Calvaire, boy that was a strange one!

Ahh thank you for this list!  I absolutely LOVE Tucker and Dale Versus Evil so I'm excited to see it mentioned in this thread.  I'm also pumped to see another V/H/S fan - I'm a big believer in this new format, it's so interesting!  I have to say, I still enjoyed V/H/S/2, though it involved some genres of horror I can't say I'm particularly interested in.  I'll definitely go check out Calvaire and You're Next, those are the only two on your list I haven't seen!

Haha Tucker and Dale! My bro suggested I watch that when I get freaked out from another horror movie.

I love Tucker and Dale! That's the movie I put on the last time my ex bf and I went to babysit my little cousin (he was 15, we didn't really have to watch him but he's fun to hang out and watch movies with hah.)

I can't watch movies like The Conjuring, Insidious, Paranormal Activity, etc.  I won't be able to sleep and it makes me afraid of the dark.  Lol.  The scariest movie I've ever seen is The Exorcist.  (Old school, I know.)  The first time I watched it I was about 12, in a dark room, all by myself.  It seriously messed me up.  Haha.  They re-released the movie in theaters about 10 years ago with added scenes and my friends dragged me to see it.  That was like pouring salt into a wound.  In fact, last night there was a preview on tv for that movie (some network will be showing it soon) and I looked away and purposely started talking as to not hear the sound effects.  I hate that little girl! 
Now I know this isn't a movie, but the first season of American Horror Story was pretty scary to me.  I was afraid of the dark for a while after that one.  However, it was such a good show that I couldn't stop watching every week!  Highly recommend.

Conversation Stats