Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Scariest Thing i've experienced in a long while...

Hey Girls! i just wanted to share this story with you, just so we can all be a little more careful this holiday season...

So i went to panera bread with my friend the other night in a really good neighborhood, no crime ever happens in that area, there are always cops around, but that night i was eating and a group of men walk in (about 6 guys) and stand by the door, eventually they order food and sit down so we kind of forget about them.... there table was very close to about 9 other tables, maybe 15 mins later they all turn around, run to the nearest table to them and take phones, wallets, purses and other christmas items in shopping bags, bolt out into the parking lot, get a car and drive away.

5 mins later cops showed up, after they locked us in the panera while they were looking for the guy i was so traumatized, thankfully i had my phone in my pocket and my purse was small and not really worth anything but they didnt rob me because i didnt look like a target, i saw the robber take a phone right out of a womans hand as she was texting like we all do!

Needless to say i just wanted to share this story with you girls just so we can all be a little more cautious of our surroundings and our belongings this holiday season <3 

Re: Scariest Thing i've experienced in a long while...

HOLY CRAP! that would be so scary. i can't believe how bold they were! what the hell is wrong with people? ugh. 

it makes me so sad in the holiday season, i mean i know i work hard for the presents i buy people and if someone took them i would be devastated

i feel really bad for the people who got robbed. i can't even imagine how devastating that would be. i just keep thinking... i have had a couple of chrismases when i was a single mom where it was a huge struggle to make sure my daughter had gifts under the tree and if something like this would have happened then... even if you can afford to replace the gifts, what a violation! i hope they catch those guys. 

That is honestly just horrible. I don't even know what else to say about that. I imagine at the time people are so shocked its happening they can't even really process it to do anything about it. I hope they are caught and punished accordingly.

you must have been so scared! i can't believe that this would happen - what did the people do who were robbed? i think i would've been shaking and too scared to even shed a tear.

i was yeah! i mean you always feel so safe in "nicer" neighboorhoods and you know most of us carry at least $200 cell phones, and very pricey bags & wallets, its scary because you never imagine yourself being a target espeically while your just sitting down for dinner

Most of the people who were robbed were single women and they just cried and shook, one lady chased after the guy but he took her purse wallet and phone.

the saddest one was a women for lunch with a young kid and they looked like they were shopping for xmas presents and he took like 4 or 5 bags from them and the kid was crying so hard

people these days have smartphones and are worth like 200 to 500 dollars. so im so gal i got those martial arts lessons.  hehe lets see those people try to mess with me or any other defenseless person!!!

Oh no! I'm glad ur ok. That is so scary! Hope they catch those guys ASAP!

Oh God! this is so scary! I actually saw a guy stealing a phone from a lady on a bus. So from that moment, I always keep my phone in a purse or a pocket, I try never "show" it to a potential robber. 

How terrible! Thank godness you're okay, and that no one got hurt <3

That is scary. I sure hope they catch them quickly. I'm glad you're ok.

I am happy to hear that you are OK and that the thieves only got away with material goods and no one was physically harmed.

That is awful! Glad that didn't turn into a worse situation.The holiday season unfortunately brings out the worst in people.

In Dec of '11 Someone managed to get their hands on my Bank card and managed to spend up every last dime I saved for Christmas - on unlimited Metrocards(NY train passes), $$ of stuff from RITE AID. Luckily my bank took action, but not in time enough for holiday shopping. My wonderful friends from another 'net forum soon loaded my inbox with Amazon e-gift cards-I still tear up thinking about it.

My Holiday/shopping survival tips

- I make it a point to keep my Debitcard/ID $40 cash in a stash pocket. Credit card, spending cash and everything else can go in the purse.

-My banks sends alerts to my phone when a withdrawal or purchase of more than $20 is made

-I check my accounts frequently, almost daily.

-I never put my coat/purse on the back of a chair, 

-I eat before I do major shopping so I don't have to worry about having my shopping bags sitting around me. If I do eat, I always pick spaces close to a wall or in a corner-and store my bags between the wall and my leg, under the table.

-If I buy something pricey, I immediately throw it in a non descript grocery bag or back pack if I'm carrying one. You will never see me flashing a MAC/Sephora/Best buy or Gamestop bag, unless I'm with my Boyfriend, lol

Yes I'm a little paranoid, lol

I have you beat, lol!  Xmas eve I was shopping in the city, and I put down my coat to try on a sweatshirt I was going to buy for my dad.  Someone stole my coat which had my wallet, cell phone and keys in it.  There was $800 cash, they took me for about $50 on my debit cards, a $500 phone, and $300 coat.  It sucked so hard.  The worst part is, I get home and see that there is a pending charge from a local pizza shop.  I explain the situation to the pizza shop, and try to see if I can get any leads about who has my stolen debit card.  The pizza shop worker then calls the person back and informs them she knows it's a stolen card, so I never got a chance to confront the thief! 

And of course, the cops didn't do **bleep**.  Nothing says Xmas quite like not having a jacket to wear home on xmas eve from the mall!  Also, my coat was stolen in a retail store with lots of cameras all over the place.  The cops were too lazy to view the security footage, and the store wouldn't let me take the footage to the cops. 

Wow that's infuriating. Sorry that happened to you.

They would be sad if they took my phone. They couldn't use it. I'm glad Apple is taking steps to make it useless to steal an iPhone. The fingerprint reader and needing my iTunes password to do anything make it stupid for a thief to take my phone from me.

I am glad you guys weren't hurt. That's a scary thing I have to say. People are getting stupid and doing dumb things this year because so many have no jobs and are hurting for money. It's very sad.

They can't just hack through all the precautions these days?

I have a password and that locator thing on. I'm definitely not making it easy on someone who steals from me!

Criminals truly are brazen and shameless, aren't they? I am so loose with my purse, I'll even leave it at a table at Panera while I get my drink or food. This will be a reminder for me to take more precaution.

So glad you're ok, and that you got out unharmed and unrobbed.

I hate to mention this but it's worth doing it as a cautionary tale if you're not vigilant about your purse.

I was out with a friend for a late lunch after shopping.  A bunch of kids (I mean kids - oldest might have just hit teens or slightly above) walked into the restaurant and then to our table asking about menu items under the ruse that they didn't understand French (this was a creperie).  My small purse was sitting on the pile of stuff we had just bought, and while it was next to me, I wasn't paying much attention to it, assuming that it would be okay since it was next to me.  Flash forward 5 minutes and my purse is gone.  I looked around and the restaurant owner said he saw one of the kids turn the corner with it.  The restaurant and police people were all extremely nice about it, and I ended not losing anything but $20, but I never quite regained my sense of security in that part of town (by which I mean the entire downtown area!).  That was my first summer away from home, too, so I'm now a little paranoid about my purse in places like downtown areas of cities or teens asking random questions.

I'm not saying you should become crazy like me, but please be more careful than you are!

I was like that too! thats mainly why it scared me so bad, and one of the ladies was even telling me she got a job that day so she had her social security card in her wallet too.

i'm also REALLY glad they only took personal belongings and that no one was hurt 

58 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • upload_2005393877409203621.jpg