Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Saturday Randomness

Pinkonyx got me thinking about things I love that have been discontinued, which led me to these questions, sorta Smiley Happy

1) do you hoard certain beauty items?

2) do you prefer to buy palettes/sets or standalone items?

3) when did you graduate from Chapstick to lipstick?

4) name a perfume/scent that you like that nobody else seems to appreciate.

5) name a perfume/scent that everybody else likes that you don't care for.

6) what look are you going for tonight?

1) I hoard Bath and Bodyworks sprays. Too many of my favorites have been discontinued over the years so I stockpile when I find out something is going to disappear soon.

2) I tend to go crazy when holiday lines come out and a set contains lipstick/eye shadow/blush and so on. I like that everything is coordinated for me rather than having to put together items to create a look. However some sets have weird combos but I still get it because it's a great deal.

3) I am late to the makeup game. I didn't really wear makeup until my late 20s, and I still don't wear a lot and mostly focus on skin care. I think growing up in the Grunge era made it easier for girls to get away with the minimal amount of effort, but today it seems there's more pressure to look a certain way the second you hit puberty. Yes, I'm feeling old Smiley Wink

4) I love Diesel Loverdose, and people like it on me but they cringe when they smell my rollerball! The opening notes are pretty intense but the dry down is amazing with my skin chemistry.

5) Balenciaga Florabotanica I just don't like. Ironically my friend loves it and uses it as her signature scent, and while it's nice on her I seriously have to breath through my mouth when we hang out because that perfume is just so strong!

6) Going out with the family to celebrate my dad's birthday so I will definitely go for a more pulled together look. My mom loves it when I get all dolled up, since she had to put up with my aforementioned Grunge phase I guess.

Re: Saturday Randomness

1 - i find myself hoarding eyeliners and mascara for some reason.  I just keeping buying new ones before the ones I have are gone and my collection is getting quite ridiculous, especially on the eyeliner.  and the UD eyeliners on sale right now are NOT helping lol

2 - I love to buy sets when they are available. I find i get more for my money and i get to try a wide variety of products for the same amount as one product would normally cost. 

3 - i never really graduated to lipstick and doubt i ever will.  I;m stuck in the middle with a tinted lip balm and i love it!

4 - I am very picky about scents so I haven't come acroos one that i like but others don't

5 - Again, I am very picky and I tend to dislike most perfumes.  Some I can think of are Marc Jacobs Daisy, Dior Dior, and Tocca perfumes - Yuck! Smiley Happy

6 - I've got tons of home work to do today and tonight so i;m thinking yoga pants, tank top and putting my hair in a pony tail!

1) do you hoard certain beauty items? Lip products if we are talking about makeup. I also have 20+ moisturizers.....

2) do you prefer to buy palettes/sets or standalone items? Sets cuz they are prettier, better values, and I can never finish a full size anyways.

3) when did you graduate from Chapstick to lipstick? College

4) name a perfume/scent that you like that nobody else seems to appreciate. I like crisp clean scent but most perfumes are too fruity or sweet, so occasionally I go for colognes, favorite being Givenchy Play Sport.

5) name a perfume/scent that everybody else likes that you don't care for. Hmm, anything sweet. I didnt like Juicy Couture, and Aqualina pink sugar makes me feel like I dumped my head in a bowl of sugar....

6) what look are you going for tonight? Lol, I wasnt going to wear make up but since you asked. Hmmm.....alright some fun eye look since its Sat. Blue&gold on the eyes, then tinted lip balm. Will post later

1) do you hoard certain beauty items?

I generally hoard all makeup (bad, I know), but my biggest hoard is shadows. Which is odd, because I use skincare and mascara more than shadow, but I love to look at the pretty colors.
2) do you prefer to buy palettes/sets or standalone items?

Palettes, for the great reason that I can look at all the pretty colors in one place and I can just grab a palette if I'm travelling and not have all those loose shadows rattling around in my makeup bag.
3) when did you graduate from Chapstick to lipstick?

Hmm, I think I'm a both type of gal. Around the house and barn, Chapstick or some sort of balm works for me. Out and about, lipstain works better. I guess I first started wearing lipstick at 14 when my aunt gave me a GWP one that was too pink for her.
4) name a perfume/scent that you like that nobody else seems to appreciate.

I like plain jasmine oil as a perfume, but people tell me that its boring.
5) name a perfume/scent that everybody else likes that you don't care for.

I don't get the fascination that people have with a lot of the Yves Saint Laurent fragrances, they seem overpowering to me.
6) what look are you going for tonight?

I'm staying home this weekend for a change, so I'm in casual mode, mascara, blush and Fresh tinted lipbalm.

1) I hoard shadows, for sure. I'll never use all of mine in my lifetime. but they're MINE and they're BEAUTIFUL

2) LOVE palettes for shadow, not really a fan for stuff like lips. 

3) Not sure I'll ever leave good old-fashioned lip balm behind. But it was really in college when i was 19 or 20 that i really started to become makeup-obsessed.

4) Hmmm... i'm not sure.  I do love spicier scents with strong ginger notes (I have a tokyomilk rollerball called destiny that I'm obsessed with) so maybe that.

5) Prada Candy.  I just find it so cloying.

6) I haven't decided yet!  Probably more of a boho look because it is stinking hot out!

Ugh Prada Candy is so yucky! Its too sweet >_<

And omg I keep buying eye shadows and i don't even wear that much eye shadow! Oh the struggle lol/

1.  Do you hoard certain beauty items?  Not compared to some of you!

2.  Do you prefer to buy palettes/sets or standalone items?  I prefer palettes/sets.  I like that they're economical and that the colors are precoordinated. 

3.  When did you graduate from Chapstick to lipstick?  I still use both (well, Burt's Bees).  I first started wearing lipstick in my mid 20's.

4.  Name a perfume/scent that you like that nobody else seems to appreciate.  I don't wear perfume--scents are a migraine trigger for me.

5.  Name a perfume/scent that everybody else likes that you don't care for.  I don't know one perfume from another.  I will say that I absolutely dislike it when you can smell someone well before you see them, and you can still smell them long after they've left.

6.  What look are you going for tonight?  I'm not going anywhere today, so I normally don't wear make-up when I stay home.  However, today I decided to play around a little.  I have on Stila CC Cream in Light and a sample of MUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Foundation in 117 Golden Ivory (and Burt's Bees).  I'm also wearing jeans and a purple tank top with my hair up in a jaw clip (I didn't wash my hair).

Hahahaha! OMG number one, I died.

Haha, I'm with wendyomgwar, #1 had me cracking up!! <3

1) I've gone through phases with my hoarding, so now I have a ton of products lol, most recently its been skin care though. 
2)I love getting sets! It's always so much more bang for your buck!
3) Oh.... I held out on lipstick for a long time I much preferred glosses lol so probably until I was a junior in high school.
4) Florabotanica, I usually like really popular scents but everyone tells me this smells like granny perfume which I usually steer clear of but I love this stuff!
5) D&G light blue, sorry... it doesn't smell like much to me.
6) Staying in tonight so no make up for me!

23 Replies
Conversation Stats