Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Random Wednesday Questions!

Hi everybody! I hope all your Wednesdays are going awesomely. We haven't had as many random question days recently, so I thought I'd get one started. Hope you enjoy Smiley Happy

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks?

2. Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what?

3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack?

4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring?

5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading?

6. How many languages do you know?

7. Who is your current celebrity obsession?

8. Are you a morning person or a night person?

Okay, let's have a go at these.

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks? Actually, both. I love to put on a peel first to get rid of any dead skin, and then put on a mask afterwards. I feel it's more effective after you've just had a peel.

A medium mocha with extra whipped cream.

3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? Nutella, definitely *tries to ignore large jar of Nutella sitting in the cupboard a few yards away*

4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? Probably I'm most looking forward to The Fault in Our Stars. The book is one of my favorites, and the movie looks like it'll be great. I'm going to sob so much, though. Smiley Happy Also excited about X-Men: Days of Future Past!

5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekhov, Paper Towns by John Green, and the second volume of Neil Gaiman's The Sandman graphic novel series.

6. How many languages do you know? English (although my command of that language does seem to slip away sometimes late at night!), pretty good Spanish, and a little bit of German.

7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH. Especially after just finishing the newest season of Sherlock, and now facing a long time before the new season. Smiley Sad

8. Are you a morning person or a night person? Definitely a night person. I don't like getting up.

Re: Random Wednesday Questions!

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks? Facial peels
2. Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what? Passion tea lemonade
3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? Chips or bacon
4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? Malificent, I think it comes out in May
5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? My GMAT testing book
6. How many languages do you know? 2
7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? Chris Hemsworth, so sexy and rugged Smiley Wink
8. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night person. Def not a morning person, I can barely get out of bed.

1.  Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks?

Neither.
2.  Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what?

I don't frequent Starbucks.
3.  What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack?

Peanut butter filled pretzels.
4.  What movies are you most looking forward to this spring?

I don't go to the movies, although Monuments Men looks interesting.
5.  What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading?

None; I'm reading magazines right now.
6.  How many languages do you know?

7.  Who is your current celebrity obsession?

I outgrew that a good 30 years ago.
8.  Are you a morning person or a night person?

Morning.

Ahhh, I forgot my beloved magazines!

I prefer masks after exfoliating.

Yes, I love a nice skinny vanilla latte

french fries with melted cheese, then dipped in ranch

None really, I'm not great at keeping up with what's coming out. I am excited for the second season of house of cards though

The Seven Daughters of Eve

1. No others thoroughly enough to say I know them

Jennifer Lawrence & Helen Mirren

I'm a morning person. Even on the days I sleep in I'm up by 7

1. I love both, as long as the formula is gentle, I'm all about it!

2. Soy Caramel Macchiato or Vanilla Bean Frappe.

3. Sour cream and onion chips...mmmmmmmm

4. All the superhero movies, Divergent, and Hunger games.

5. None Smiley Sad

6. 2, though I butcher the other one, I can still communicate LOL

7. Keannu Reeves, going strong for 20 years now!

8. Neither LOL, middle of the day person.

1. Clay masks. Or peel-off masks. I don't do skin peels though. Just no.

2. My most common 2 are the caramel Frappuccino & iced chai tea latté.

3. Baked potato chips. I can go through an entire bag in the blink of an eye. lol

4. Muppets Most Wanted and Captain America: The Winter Soldier....kinda torn about Maleficent.

5. The Complete Tales & Poems of Edgar Allan Poe

6. 2 fluently, several others partially.

7. No one.

8. Night person all the way.

Clay Masks.  I get acne so these are my savior!

Sugar free soy latte

Salt and Vinegar kettle chips

Can't think of any at the moment

Divergent

English and just a little Spanish

I don't have a celeb crush right now.

Neither.  I hate getting out of bed in the morning but I don't stay up late either.  Does that make me an afternoon person?

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks?  Both.  I feel they serve two different purposes (at least the products I use) so I enjoy using both methods.
2. Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what?  I don't go into Starbucks.  Not in protest or anything.  I just prefer making my own tea or using what's in the office kitchen.  I'd be more likely to stop at Dunkin for one of their hot chocolate promos.
3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? Peanut butter [tries to ignore large jar of Skippy sitting on the desk a few feet away], paired with Nutella or Lyle's Golden Syrup
4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? I don't know the movie release dates but I am most eager to see Malificent and the new Godzilla movie.
5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? The Samurai Jack comics and Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts.  I recently finished Divergent (audio) and should start the second book soon.  I've got several others that I'm in various stages of reading but...shiny?
6. How many languages do you know? English, a pathetic amount of French, and a sketchy grasp of Quenya
7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? Plenty that I fancy but not obsessed [looks around for signs of lightning] with anyone *coughOrlandocough*
8. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night owl.  I have three alarms.

Oooh, Nutella with peanut butter is the best. And I really want to learn Quenya in the nonexistent free time I have Smiley Happy

I've never tried Nutella and peanut butter. It sounds tooooo awesome! Hmmm...

1.) Clay masks all the way.

2.) I don't do Starbucks. Don't judge me. Smiley Happy

3.) Chocolate Cake

4.) Anything Disney, PG and Animated. I love going to the movies with my 6 year old son Smiley Happy

5.) The Bible, always!

6.) English and I speak fluent husbandwifenese (Cheesy, I know. My husband and I have our own language) Smiley Very Happy

7.) Andy Samberg, right behind him is Seth Macfarlane

8.) Since having a child, I have become a Morning person.

1. Do you prefer facial peels or clay masks? I love clay masks. That said, cloth masks are my absolute fave!
2. Do you have a drink you always order at Starbucks? If so, what? I have three go-tos: grande Americano, grande black-eyed blonde (when I need a boost!), double short soy latte (when I want a treat)
3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure snack? Kimchi-flavored crackers with a nice cold beer.
4. What movies are you most looking forward to this spring? Oh, several: 300: Rise of An Empire, Jodorowsky’s Dune (huge fan of Jodorowsky), The Grand Budapest Hotel, Grand Piano, Haunt, Better Living Through Chemistry, A Birder’s Guide to Everything, Nymphomaniac, Maleficent, Transcendence, The Quiet Ones, The Unknown Known, The Art of the Steal, Ernest & Celestine
5. What book(s) are you currently in the middle of reading? Mr. Wilson’s Cabinet of Wonder, Aliens & Anorexia
6. How many languages do you know? Proficient in only one, but know enough of two others to get by … I need to get better.
7. Who is your current celebrity obsession? Benedict Cumberbatch. I can’t get past him. So dishy on so many different levels.
8. Are you a morning person or a night person? Both. I naturally wake up very early, but also love staying up late. Oh, and naps are the best ever.

Did you see the short clip they just released of Benedict Cumberbatch with the Muppets? Most. Adorable. Thing. Ever.

???

No.  Must watch.  UGH!!! Will wait until I'm home so I can drool in private!

Probably a good idea Smiley Happy

I miss when we had these regularly, so thanks!

I don't know if I have a preference. I think clay masks do a lot more for my skin, but man they are a mess!

Just a regular cup of blonde roast.

3. What is your favourite guilty pleasure snack?

Jalapeño chips.

I don't have tv so I have no idea what is coming out. 

Wool by Hugh Howey

Three, with a spattering of others. English, French, Spanish, and a decent amount of ASL, some Ukrainian and Estonian.

None. Not really my thing.

Morning person. 

Glad you like them! And wow, I'm impressed by your list of languages Smiley Happy

Both, probably clay masks more though

Caramel apple spice, but I rarely go to Sbux!

Dark chocolate w/ sea salt caramel (Trader Joes has an amazing chocolate bar of this), kettle corn, Magnum caramel chocolate bars

Hiking, getting fit (I tend to get in a fitness kick in April/May...surprise surprise)

None... Smiley Sad

English, some spanish not proficient though

Leonardo always

Definitely a night person

1. Peels just because they are quicker to apply and I'm lazy about treatments/ exfoliating. I like Radiant Skincare's Peel a lot, great for pores/ uneven texture!

2. I don't really like starbucks (not like I never go there, I'll go if someone gives me a gift card). I'm really into Intelligentsia Coffee right now (my local cafe just closed, they served Intelligentsia) so recently I've been ordering from them. My husband's boss gave him a french press so we've been using that, but I ordered Hario drippers to make drip coffee at home and work. Oh wait, you wanted to know what drink I like? I like a lot, drip coffee/ regular coffee, mocha (especially from Illy), Illy also makes a great Lavender Mint or Jasmine Vanilla latte. Newtree has homemade syrups (rose, vanilla, lavender, etc) which are great in lattes, also like their dirty chai. I used to get Blue Bottle (drip coffee, mocha) but now I'm more into the Intelligentsia I make at home. I'm a coffee **bleep** apparently.

3. I don't feel "guilty" about it, but cheese and crackers is probably one of my favorites (lots of different cheeses). Chips and guacamole (my husband uses Alton Brown's recipe).

4. I don't like Hollywood movies, terrible plots and titles. There have been movies recently that I've considered watching, but I'll wait until they come on my cable etc for free.

5. Books I've read before and read again...Kundalini Tantra by Swami Satyananda Saraswati and The Magdalen Manuscript by Tom Kenyon and Judi Sion. I'm a believer of reading books at home...reading on the bus etc can be too distracting. I like reading when I turn off the tv/ start winding down before bed (maybe before or after yoga/ meditation). 

6. English, and I understand Spanish but I don't have a lot of practice speaking it, so I'm very shy to speak it. However, I think we're going to Puerto Rico in the fall so it would be nice to brush up on it.

7. Not a well-known celebrity, but I'm really into Daedelus.

8. Have become a morning person, nice to wake up before sunrise (absorb nourishing/ loving sattvic qualities) for an ayurvedic routine....not doing every single step but rotating them in. I usually go to sleep by 9 pm!

1. clay masks or hydrating masks

2. skinny vanilla latte OR grande hot coffee skim milk

3. hot Cheetos or kit kats

4. endless love and winters tale

5. none

6. 3

7. morning

celebrity obsession: ryan Reynolds Smiley Very Happy

1.  clay masks

2.  Iced Caramel Macchiato

3.  Beef Jerky

4.  Not sure, I don't go to the movies nearly enough Smiley Sad

5.  The Divergent series

6.  Only english, but trying to learn spanish

7.  Zachary Quinto

8.  Night person

I love clay masks! My favorite one right now is the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask To Clear Pores.

I usually get iced green tea or iced black tea. If it's too cold for iced tea, I'll get a Chai Tea Latte. I love peppermint mochas in December though Smiley Happy.

Not really guilty pleasure - but I love hummus and vegetables and hummus and pita chips. I also love getting frozen yogurt after dinner. Smiley Happy

I'm looking forward to the new Divergent movie. I really enjoyed the book.

I just finished reading a book and I'm about to start a new one.

Not really an obsession, but I love pretty much every movie Leonardo DiCaprio is in.

Not really sure. I think I'm an afternoon person. Smiley Happy

Best,
Ty

Hummus is amazing! And yes, it's about time Leonardo DiCaprio won an Oscar Smiley Happy

64 Replies
Conversation Stats