Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

REWARDS SELLING OUT

I’m just venting here but I’m SO DARN DISAPPOINTED that the Gwen Stefani GXVE Beauty reward sets weren’t advertised and sold out immediately AGAIN!  If this reward was advertised—where and when? Sephora never has enough of the good rewards that people want. We spend enough money to earn them that’s for sure. I’m frustrated with not getting any emails and Sephora not advertising upcoming rewards and logging into the app on T & R a few minutes after the new rewards post only to see they’re sold out. Sephora needs to work on getting MORE rewards cause having a few ain’t fair. #rewards

#RewardsSellingOut #GXVE  

#LosingOutOnRewards

Re: REWARDS SELLING OUT

I'm sorry but I agree, this is totally ridiculous. On 4 different Tuesdays/Thursdays now I've had both my phone and laptop open so that at 9PT on the second I can snag one of the Rare Beauty rewards, every single time I have failed or I've gotten it to my cart; got to checkout, confirmed my address then it's sold out. What the heck? Why aren't these items held when they're added to someone's basket, like every other store

Absolutely ridiculous.

@chloest, like @CookieGirl1 said the quantity is small.  I was on the same time as you as well as likely thousands of people (more, given her fan base) for an item that had a quantity of 50.

I do wish @SephoraBIC and partners would release more, because I'd spend more money if I had a better chance at the reward bazaar.

ok

@beaner67 I'm sure that the quantities are pretty limited for these larger rewards; if it restocks I hope you can snag one!

@beaner67 I've had good luck when I try them Tuesday/Thursday morning. 

I completely agree sephora needs to do better 

I have over 1600 points, but there is no use of using mines 

Anytime i want to redeeem by points i would want something above the 500 point value and those items are always sold so fast 

Haven't bought at sephora for a while because of it. I've started buying on the original brand sites like ysl or aarmani , there you can actually get complimentary items that are actually good and available to redeem. 

Its going to turn off people from buying from here when they can get the same product at same price if not lower. 

the point system used to be good but now hardly anythings available always says sold out for the good items. 

Sephora shouldn't advertise products for the big points if they don't have them in stock 

I’m with you, my daughter and myself literally log in separately and refresh constantly and they were never renewed. They were still sold out from the previous Thursday. So, after years and years with Sephora, I will no longer spend money there to remain a VIB, will use the enormous amount of points on the crap they always have left and never shop there again. There are other places to shop that don’t give you the shaft. Sick and tired of being loyal and get jobbed constantly. I don’t think they ever added new sweatshirts and they have employees post as customers saying that they were able to get one. Just read ex employees talk about the shady practices at Sephora. 

I completely agree i have 1600 plus points ill reedeem them quickly 

I have noticed its better to shop at original brand sites like aarmani, dior, or ysl 

Its the same price at sephora and here and you get complimentary items that are also good 

Sephora always their point system for high points over 500 is sold out 

If they dont value members, and  high spending clients VIB  then we'll just take our money elsewhere 

I literally checked 5 times on different days and each time the rewards were sold out 

@beaner67 It was advertised in an email on 7/14/2022 regarding upcoming rewards.  It was all in stock in all sizes when I logged in at 9 am PST.  

I didn’t get any email and I’m subscribed to them. They had TEN of the GXVE hoodie sets in the 4 sizes. TEN! That’s just BS. I’ll bet the people that got a set are employees. I’m done with Sephora. There are other places to shop for beauty and skincare like Ulta. 

@beaner67 Rewards like that are always limited in quantity.  Sometimes there are only a couple depending on what it is. 

Then whats the point of advertising when the majority cannot even get them, when you have so many clients with points keep good quantity. Else why do the point system 

I've checked more than 5  times this month 

Each time point category over 500 is sold out 

Better to take my money elsewhere and spend. Which seems to be what others are doing as well 

I question you saying that they were available when we purposely set out to see if there were any sweatshirts available at drop and it never changed from the previous sold out signage and we had four people separately logged in and constantly refreshing because we’re sick and tired of Sephora doing this and wanted to prove our point; it’s a scam. Mission accomplished.

@quspork -I appreciate your post with the info. I think we’re (me, friends, our daughters, etc.) are just tired after so many years and I cringe at the thousands of dollars spent (could literally pay for a year of college) and then to have a constant battle to get the simplest of rewards. Like, none of their best rewards compare to the thousands of dollars people have spent at their stores. Just irritated, frustrated and having some remorse for giving them so much when we get back so little. Certainly not directed at you or anyone who has been able to snag one of their “better” rewards, just frustrated with Sephora’s Rewards program in general. I do sincerely appreciate your post/reply. Have a great day!

@quspork-We question this because this has been years and years of everyone I know that has Sephora rewards trying to just SEE the higher point rewards even show up as available and they never are. We didn’t even want the sweatshirt, we looked at several different rewards as part of our experiment. I only mentioned the sweatshirt because the original poster was frustrated over that particular item. Regardless of what the situation is, Sephora needs to kick it up big time. The amount of customers that they have that are Rouge and paying out the butt with tons of points and they only have a limited amount? It’s beyond ridiculous. I’ve had points since Rewards started and just keep them banked, so you can imagine how many I have accumulated shopping all of those years for myself and two teens. I’m glad you were able to snag some things in your experience, but this is not the norm for most people and it’s ridiculous, AND the OP is correct in that I also did not receive a heads up email. I just think Sephora is becoming the Victoria Secret of makeup.🤷🏻‍♀️

@Mac1112 You might be interested in reading about others' experiences in scoring some of the high value rewards over the years. Here are a couple threads where different posters have shared their experiences-- 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Sephora-Rewards-Bazaar-Redemption-Experiences/m-p/2767041#...

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Sephora-Rewards-Bazaar-Previews-and-Discussions/m-p/364121...

Of course scarcity has always been an issue with regards to the rewards system. That goes back years to the big mega-reward days they used to have. But it's certainly improved in many ways over the years and we've seen the steps that Sephora has been taking to at attempt to rectify the situation. My larger point is that they aren't scamming anyone, they simply need to do better with increased stock of available rewards. 

@Mac1112 I was on the app when it launched at 9 am pst and saw it available for me.  Sorry it wasn’t available for you.  I have snagged the rewards before so it’s not impossible you just have to be quick. 

Not sure why you're questioning their availability just because you were unable to get one, @Mac1112. Sephora is known to have very limited stock of high value point rewards. Those reward items with clothing always go very quickly. I personally saw them available when they dropped (except for one size, sorry can't remember which it was, which was sold out already when I looked). It can be a bit of a lucky click to be able to get some of these more limited items. But they were available. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing