Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Pray for malaysia airlines flight boeing 777-dont give up hope.

yesterday the tragic new struck that malayasia airlines flight from Kuala Lumpaar to bejjing,china had absolutely disappeared off the radar and has not been seen or heard of. this absolutely kills me. I cant imagine the terror or distress these family's feel, all they want to know is if their loved ones are safe, or moved on with god. all I've heard today is "they are gone, its impossible otherwise" I keep believing they are going to be okay but my parents doubt is killing the hope inside me. you cant give up hope, no matter what.pray everyone please just do this please just pray for these people to be safe. there were 239 people on board including infants, im just hoping that they made an emergency landing in the water and they are on a little raft all together and comfortable. Whenever I travel I get on that plane knowing that everyone telling me "its impossible, for it to crash" "highly unlikely" I cant even believe that this plane has gone down We need to have hope and faith and god needs to know this is not there time to come with him, please let these people go and live on this earth until it is time for them to leave,they don't deserve to leave like this. please everyone pray. if it comes to be that this tragedy has become real please just pray that it was quick and there was no fear in their minds.

Re: Pray for malaysia airlines flight boeing 777-dont give up hope.

Hi Londonlover - what a beautiful idea this is, it was wonderful of you to think of this and to post it. When I saw the story on TV this morning I couldn't believe my eyes and ears. How these people must be suffering, I cannot even begin to imagine it.

I know that our prayers will be felt by everyone involved in this tragedy in any way, shape or form. I pray that no one will ever experience the pain and horror of an event like this ever again.

I will also pray for the rescue workers, who, in the days, weeks and months to come will still have to endure this nightmare, along with the all of the families, friends and loved ones who may have lost someone dear to them.

What a horrible thing to happen, brings me to tears to just think of that happening to all those people. I pray for all those on the plane and all the families that are awaiting news.

@kssweetheart your words warmed my heart and soul. thankyou for reminding me to include the rescue workers, as when and if they find these poor people they will be experiencing a horror as well. there has been much speculation over terrorism as a cause, and that just sickens me. the fact that you feel that you believe you have to take the lives of others for what? for your country? for your beliefs? the oil slicks found in the ocean are feared to be where the plane has crashed, but I cant just give up and say "they are gone, they are really dead" because that is giving up hope and faith. you can never give up.

for all the people on here who saw this post, imagine if that was your mum or dad or brother sister, husband or wife. they left for maybe a business opportunity, or a mini vacation of a lifetime. and they said their goodbyes and I love you's and knew they would be safe. If you don't feel terrible about the situation or a least say a prayer, don't come running to me to talk about makeup.

Hi Londonlover, I'm glad my words were comforting, when they come from the heart....well, you can't ask for much more than that. I believe you are a lot like me, I'm unable to watch the news and see all of the awful, horrific stories and then walk away and forget about it - I have Much difficulty trying to shake it off, it really stays with me. It helps to say prayers, but I think you and I still feel that hurt. By holding out hope and praying and asking for prayers, we are doing the best we can and I thoroughly believe that the weight of the feelings we carry may help to lighten someones load a bit. It all makes no sense.

Please don't feel hurt if others don't respond to this, we are all at different places in our journey, and maybe they're just not 'there' yet. I know there was a point when I would just say things like 'I'll keep my fingers crossed' because I just wasn't in the place I am now. You put this out there and it has reaped benefits, even if it means that only one more person is praying, that means that you have accomplished something great. Please try not to feel disheartened, you have made a difference, please know that. Hang in there and keep praying. You did a beautiful thing, try to focus on that, okay? Hang in there sweet girl. Smiley Happy

Maybe others can just send some love or some light or positive thoughts and vibes, or maybe just have a moment of silence. Please don't fret Londonlover, 'you done good'.

pray.jpg

This is so pretty. Smiley Happy

This is a sweet post.  I have also been thinking about them and following the story closely on Yahoo.  I think a tragedy is much worse when there are unknowns because the families cannot gain closure and are haunted by what may have been instead of somewhat healing over time from what actually happened.  I can't imagine trying to make it through all of the emotions they must be feeling all at once.  I hope they find answers so they can cope.  It is so sad.  Although they are rare, stories like this also make me afraid to fly in a plane ever again.  I am supposed to this summer and was already nervous.  I will especially be nervous if this turns out to be terrorism, which is a strong theory right now.

Hi Leolion - My friend has the same fears about flying, she wanted to go down to FL to see her dad for the holidays, and she did make the decision to do it, but she was a nervous wreck! She went down and flew back into NY late on Christmas Eve. She was afraid of the NY weather situation flying in and out of NY. She worried if something happened to her it would be right at Christmas time and her family would have to live with that, Thank God, everything went well and she arrived home earlier then expected. Her flight home had very few passengers on board and they all started singing Christmas Carols together and dancing a bit and drinking a bit and there were free unlimited snacks and movies for all. It turned out to be a wonderful experience and a beautiful memory for her.

Just think good positive thoughts, and if you are into praying, well, that can be comforting too. I know of someone who flies frequently and always carries a little stone carved angel with him, it fits in a pocket and can be held in your hand and is nice and smooth, so it feels therapeutic caressing this little angel. I do the same thing at home, or if I'm Really freaking out about something I will sometimes hold my Bible (I don't read it a whole lot (sorry God) although I used to, but it's helpful to have it nearby and hold onto it at certain times, one day I'll get back to reading more regularly.

Please don't worry too much. Before you go if you'd like to send me a PM to let you know when you're flying, I'll be sure to say some prayers for you. My Great Aunt was an Awesome pray-er, people would always say they had to tell her when they needed prayers, because she seemed to have some extra special 'mojo' with prayers. Some people think I may have inherited some of that from her and (I posted somewhere else recently) I'm glad if it's true that I inherited that from her and that I did not also inherit her Cankles! Phew! 

Hope that made you smile and feel a little better, you honestly can PM me if you'd like some additional prayers, it can't hurt. Either way, I'm sure everything will be fine and I hope you have a wonderful time.

ps - I did not mention that I am also a nervous flyer, I don't plan on doing any flying in the near future,(but you never know) that's why I mentioned my friends worries.

Oh, you are so sweet, which just confirms why you are one of my favorite posters.  Thanks for the praying offer.  I may take you up on that. I totally believe in God AND positive energy big time. I have flown a few times in my life, but it has been about 8 years, and I also didn't mention that my little 3 year-old (4 in April) will be coming with us.  I feel responsible for her, of course, so that is my main fear- that I am putting her in danger just for a vacation.  My hubby and I are overdue for a big vaca, and I want to take her to see the ocean and a couple other places she would never see if we didn't fly (I would never leave her at home), so I am taking the chance. I only plan on flying every two or three years now, if that, but I am still nervous. 

Hi leolion - that's so nice of you to say, thanks very much for the kind words **blushing**

You can PM me at anytime, for travel prayers or anything else. I think your faith in God with the added positive energy are a powerful combination. It must be extra scary being that you're little girl is going with you too, that has to weigh on you - but look up travel stats, that could take a load off of your mind, when you see the relatively low incidences of plane crashes & things.

I was flying to visit a friend and I think it was one week (maybe less) before I went to see her, when the exact same flight same airline etc. that I was going to be taking just days later, crashed. Yes, that was scary. I was a bit freaked out, but I said, what are the chances of 2 in a row? I just went for it, although the family wasn't happy. So, I can kinda' see what you mean. Let me know and if you'd like, we could even get a little prayer chain going, seriously, I'd love to be involved in that. Try not to stress too much, yeah, I know, easy for Me to say. I'll say some prayers in advance, right after I send this. 

Hi Londonlover--

Thank you for posting this.  I just wanted to let you know that those on the plane have been in my prayers since I have heard of this happening.  It scares me a lot because my parents travel frequently and go overseas all the time.  I have put myself in the place of those frightened families.  Thank you for thinking about them too.  I hadn't thought about the rescue workers, but I will add them to my prayers too.  I hope they will find survivors.

Take care!

@penelopeblooms how kind of you to say this, event though the people on the plane and their loved ones cant quite say it right now, they appreciate your love and prayers very very much and god will tell them that. <3

@leolion I cant thankyou enough for including them in your prayers and thinking of them, you have a good heart and soul. <3

@kssweetheart, thankyou doll, your words touched me and the fact that you took time out of our day to type that is to kind to comprehend, in my head I think that we all have our little BT prayers together <3

@londonlover - It's always nice to know that something you say has a positive affect on someone, so I appreciate that you let me know that I may have helped a bit. Sometimes words just flow and you feel like you don't even know where they came from. It's weird, but I'm not complaining.

I will admit something to you, but you have to promise not to tell anyone, okay?

Taking time to write something about a subject like this, it's almost a bit of a selfish thing sometimes, in a way - it takes me away from my problems and helps me focus on others and helps me feel that I hopefully have sent something good out into the universe and that it may help someone in need. I feel a sense of relief when something comes together like this. I hope that makes sense.

I will say, it was so sweet of you to say that though, I can tell you really meant it and that embarrasses me a little, but it also makes me glad that I posted it, so thank you Very much for that.

I've received much love, support and comfort from so many people I've had the good fortune to meet here at bt, my life is richer for it all. The number of prayers I've been receiving is remarkable and a true blessing, I feel very fortunate and will be Eternally Grateful to the lovely people here who have embraced me and to Sephora for opening up this forum for us.

We do seem to have our own little prayer group, and we've really been keeping God busy lately.

Thank you for starting this thread, it's touched and helped me too, and we'll never know how many others may also be touched and healed by it - good going girl, good on you! Smiley Happy

Londonlover, I think it is very admirable for you to be concerned for and to be praying for all of these people.  I have been praying for and thinking of them as well. I hope that all of the families are able to find at least some measure of closure at some point. My husband and I discuss this terrible event every day, and it is such a huge reminder of just how fragile this life here on earth is. I make sure I tell my loved ones each day how much I care and love them because it can all, unfortunately, be gone in a blink of an eye. Hugs to you.

Word.

I didn't see this a couple of days ago when you posted, but you are so kind to post this and remind us all to think of the flight.

It breaks my heart to even think of what may have happened, what's going on, and if everyone is safe. My mind keeps going back and forth with so many thoughts. My prayers are too, with that flight, along with yours and many other people.

Let's hope that they soon find some clues about what happened and with great hope I pray that they are going to be ok.

Not knowing must be excruciating, they need mega-prayers. I'm glad Londonlover got this going.

@jenjendoitagain @rdesigns,thankyou so much you kind souls <3 I know this sounds weird but you have no idea how much this means to me. together we are showing god that we have faith and hope and we need it to be real, I don't know what I would do if these people died. I cant thankyou enough for your prayers and love, hugs to you all <3

Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 80 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • pray.jpg