Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Positivity, Happiness, and what you love about Sephora

Hello and happy Sunday to everyone!

602b5d0fd0962e8fb054644ab57d4e71--weekend-plans-the-weekend

I'm not sure if a thread like this exists, but if not, I'd like to have this one kept active and on the front page as much as possible.

I can't be the only one who has noticed that Sephora's forum has gone to a place of anger and complaints.  It makes me sad, as I used to come here and be happy with everything I saw on the old board format.  Now, I rarely post as I just feel I have no where to post as I can't relate to most of the anger and upheaval on the front page.

So, I figured it would be nice to have this thread to post all happy things, such as what you LIKE about Sephora (come on, even for some of you, there must be SOMETHING that they do that makes you happy lol), and maybe just post happy stories or good things that have happened to you or someone else lately!

I can start and say that the internship I got back in the spring (which many of you know about as I was so happy to get it) has been going fantastic and I love my workplace.  I hope they keep me after I graduate next April!

So, how about you guys? What good has been happening with you?  Thank you and again, happy Sunday!

c6009a824f47fa7263df7e65736319cf

Re: Positivity, Happiness, and what you love about Sephora

I just got two deliveries. All items were present... including all six samples THAT I PICKED๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

IMG_7729.GIF

Magic!! 

Test

@veronika23. Thanks for bumping up the fun ones

2B17762C-3B01-45B6-8752-2A462F90A56C.png

@Indy701I've just been checking a list of threads since so many still don't show up on the main feed.  I guess I forgot to delete that test thing in some of them ๐Ÿ˜„

IMG_7639.JPG

@Indy701 Accurate.๐Ÿ™Œ

@Susubee Adorable puppies! โค๏ธ

45D6D2C3-7846-44C3-A489-0BA9B1E7DC8C.jpeg

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow everyone. Even those not in the US, have a great day also and hope you get to take advantage of some of the sales.  

Happy Thanksgiving to you, @Indy701

The top way Sephora stands out for me is the diversity in its staffing. Ever since I have been shopping at Sephora, they have always had WOC and POC in C-suite positions in the company. Women make the majority of its digital and engineering staff in an industry where women are woefully marginalized. Many of the Sephora stores I have visited have hired WOC, Muslim women and LGBTQ staff.

I've never worked for Sephora so I can't say what the culture inside is like. It would be great to see the company work on things like a longer paid maternity/paternity leave. But I think you can see how diversity in staff has translated to things like the latest ad campaign featuring their own staff or the success of its online community. Sephora doesn't strike me at all as a company that pretends to care about diversity and establishes superficial changes just so they can boast about it in their little CSR report. A LOT of companies should learn from them ๐Ÿ™‚

I totally agree, @pocketvenus!  I love the diversity of sephora staff, and I also think it's great that their YouTube demos feature diverse people,  including men.  They're not all one skin tone, one size, or one age bracket, and it makes the high end products seem much more accessible and inclusive.  

I think my favorite thing about Sephora compared to other retailers is the accessibility plus quality. High end retailers and counter service at department stores is oftentimes very intimidating and lower end retailers donโ€™t provide products with the reliable quality Sephoraโ€™s product lines offer. Iโ€™m totally confident to just look in store and wonโ€™t have any pressure to buy or feel like I donโ€™t belong there. When Iโ€™m buying something sight unseen from the website, I donโ€™t worry about the quality since Iโ€™ve been totally happy with 95% of the things Iโ€™ve purchased from Sephora. The few things that havenโ€™t worked Iโ€™ve been able to return with no hassle or judgement. As a customer, the easy and stress free shopping experience is one of the most important things I consider when choosing one retailer over another if they offer the same stuff. 

RE: Positivity, Happiness, and what you love about Sephora

Iโ€™ve been Rouge for a long time. I never got a Rouge card cause I never used it. I always use my phone number. A couple of weeks ago, my phone number wasnโ€™t working so I grabbed my VIB physical card and handed it over. She took one look at it and said, โ€œOh no. You deserve the Rouge card.โ€ She went to the back (with a line out the door cause of the sale) and came back with a pretty red card. Iโ€™ve been hearing that Sephora doesnโ€™t offer them anymore so I thought it was very sweet of her to go above and beyond for me. When I got home, I was going through my purchases and noticed she threw in a large amount of samples too! It mustโ€™ve been when I was staring at the pretty Rouge card. Lol. Iโ€™ve always had great experiences at my Sephora and my SiJCP. I donโ€™t ever expect to be helped cause I usually know what Iโ€™m looking for. But Iโ€™ve always been treated kind and asked if I needed assistance.

Besides the awesomeness of the people here on BT/BIC, I love the live chats with brand representatives! Also, still have warm fuzzies from the BIC launch party, which I loved so much and wish they will do another party again when I can stay longer and we can all plan ahead! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for starting this thread, @sabrinas! It's such a welcome addition in a world that seems to focus on the negative far too often. I love scrolling through and reading everyone else's positive thoughts. 

My own addition to what I love about Sephora, aside from the helpful salespeople in store and the great brands available, is this community. I lurked on BIC for years and learned so many things and saw so much great advice being shared. There are a ton of super sweet and helpful people on these boards and it's really great to be able to come together with others who love beauty just as much as I do and have fun with it all! 

My happy Sephora story of the week!

I stopped by my local Sephora the last night of the sale, about 30 minutes before closing time and it was packed! Everyone trying to get a in little last minute discount - my peoples! Sugarhill Gang's "Apache (Jump on it!)" was playing as I got into line and tried my best to avoid impulse purchasing more items. An adorable SA pulled me out of line to do that little hand-held check-out and was so sweet and cheery. She mentioned that I had a lot of points saved up and asked if I wanted to redeem anything today. I said no, the only perk I was interested in wasn't there. She slyly asked which one exactly, so I told her the NARS Powermatte Mini and she ran off into the back and came back with one! So.Much.Win! I guess they had just arrived and hadn't been put out yet. The SA saw how excited I was and asked if I wanted another one and offered to run back AGAIN. I commended her positive attitude and energy, considering it was almost 9 at night and the last day of a crazy sale period. To her credit, her response that while it the sale had been crazy, it was really only once a year, and they were as excited as we were ๐Ÿ™‚ AND, she threw in some skin care foils, unprompted ๐Ÿ™‚ 

TL:DR - Hooray for Sephora in-store SAs and 100 pt perks!

yay that was so nice of her!!! and that is such a good reward perk!!!!  I love with they have the little hand held checkout things ๐Ÿ™‚ 

RE: Positivity, Happiness, and what you love about Sephora

I love their return/exchange policy!

I love how the Sephora BIC is a no-excuses self-acceptance and love celebration of all things beauty. And I love my team: @RachelBT @KatieBT @VivianBT and @candacebt

@ShiraBT loveeeeeee you!!!! โค๏ธ

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • fa38dd6fe458505b417754bab08ded7f.gif
  • c6009a824f47fa7263df7e65736319cf
  • 602b5d0fd0962e8fb054644ab57d4e71--weekend-plans-the-weekend
  • 06da9380ed668fd976e59085dffab05b.jpg
  • sephoraisbae.gif
  • Sephora eat.png
  • giphy