Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Positivity, Happiness, and what you love about Sephora

Hello and happy Sunday to everyone!

602b5d0fd0962e8fb054644ab57d4e71--weekend-plans-the-weekend

I'm not sure if a thread like this exists, but if not, I'd like to have this one kept active and on the front page as much as possible.

I can't be the only one who has noticed that Sephora's forum has gone to a place of anger and complaints.  It makes me sad, as I used to come here and be happy with everything I saw on the old board format.  Now, I rarely post as I just feel I have no where to post as I can't relate to most of the anger and upheaval on the front page.

So, I figured it would be nice to have this thread to post all happy things, such as what you LIKE about Sephora (come on, even for some of you, there must be SOMETHING that they do that makes you happy lol), and maybe just post happy stories or good things that have happened to you or someone else lately!

I can start and say that the internship I got back in the spring (which many of you know about as I was so happy to get it) has been going fantastic and I love my workplace.  I hope they keep me after I graduate next April!

So, how about you guys? What good has been happening with you?  Thank you and again, happy Sunday!

c6009a824f47fa7263df7e65736319cf

Re: I know on desktop you can change to a feed with only your...

@tsavorite On the left side of the desktop version, there’s a check box to show posts from my groups only. 

55F47D42-E8C4-49BC-8D78-731BC4C48A59.jpeg

@bonafide11, and @Anonymous,

It's like Magic!  Thank you both for answering me.  

With all your help, I could find it!  🙂

I hadn't realized what it could omit from what I see when I go to the Main Feed!

@tsavorite @Anonymous I just discovered you can filter on the mobile site too. Not in the Sephora App but in your browser. There’s a filter option at the top, just above the featured post. Happy browsing! 🙂66EBB153-7143-455C-958F-88470F8971AF.jpeg

Re: Positivity, Happiness, and what you love about Sephora

@tsavorite Im sure there is a way around this! I'm hoping they eventually, maybe sometime soon, fix this up.  Its true that it makes sephora look sort of bad- no one will want to join us or shop here if all they see are complaints on the front page!

@sabrinas,

I totally agree with that!

@tsavorite Hear Hear!!! I know for awhile, the CS posts were NOT on the main feed, but I guess other popular threads also were missing, so this is the fix? No fix, just a free for all? I am not a developer/programmer by any stretch of the imagination, but I cannot see why this is such an issue, considering how much time has now passed since the conversion. It almost feels like Sephora is cutting back its customer service budget and attempting to crowd source for as long as possible...

Yes! They definitely need to hide the Customer Service board from the main feed like they did on the old forum. 

Anyways... My sale packages all shipped today! I've fully restocked and even snuck in a few fun things. 

giphy

BUMP! Great idea for a thread 🙂 I totally agree...it's sad that we have to click through 4-5 pages to get to some decent posts. I haven't seen many of my favorite threads in ages. I get that people need customer service and the mods need to answer but this board is not the place for it! Or have a separate area dedicated to CS and we never have to see questions that we can't or shouldn't answer. And honestly if Sephora frustrates you that much, there are other retailers out there and many offer even better deals.

Anyhoo, hope at least some of you have been able to haul what you wanted during the sales. Even if you didn't, there'll be other deals, other LE items... There are so many sales everywhere this time of the year that it's overwhelming! Can't wait to see what Black Friday and Cyber Monday brings! I definitely don't need anything so a part of me kinda want crappy deals so I won't be tempted LOL. Have a great week! 🙂

Great idea! And congrats on your internship! 

I love all the different brands Sephora carries and they keep adding more!  I used to go from beauty counter to beauty counter, trying brands and then forgetting where I saw which product. I consolidated my purchases with Sephora, it's so convenient. When I visit the store, there are always helpful associates who can direct me to the best products and willing to take time to help me decipher product lables (I'm sensitive to some ingredients).

I agree with the brand selection, I'm always impressed. I love that they feature new brands or companies they find- that's how I found MILK. 

I agree with the CS mentions especially the reps that respond on here. They have always been nice and helpful. I appreciate them a lot and each time I’ve been happy with their resolution. 

Flash is nice too. I paid the $10 before becoming Rouge but even with that what an amazing deal. I don’t care if my order is behind right now as you really can’t beat that price for a year of shipping. I do understand others need items much quicker than me though so I get where they are coming from when they get frustrated. 

Glad you are loving your internship @sabrinas! Awesome! 🙂

fa38dd6fe458505b417754bab08ded7f.gif

Hmmmm is this a positive thing? 😂😂😂

Sephora eat.png

One of the things I love about Sephora is the free shipping or flash shipping options. I know shipping can't actually be free and somebody is going to have to absorb that cost, so I'm glad Sephora is basically willing to do that. Even if it's slower than the 2-3 business days, it still usually gets to me faster than other retailers.

@sabrinas Thank you for starting this!! I totally agree its nice to see some positive posts on the boards, especially at this time of year 🙂

@sabrinas Great idea! I was just thinking something similar on Saturday, that there seem to be no positive or even random interesting threads anymore.

Congrats on the internship, there's just something so satisfying about being able to positively integrate into a workplace and to feel like you're accomplishing something on a regular basis 🙂 

I miss all the ladies with the beautiful selfies and lip swatches! That's initially what caught my eye in the first place and all the general beauty knowledge. Bad for my wallet, but good for my soul 🙂

@MissPuff,

I'm sure that you know that there is still the "Fall Lipstick Challenge," "Lipstick Playground," and "The Challenge of the Week" to participate in and view different looks.

@tsavorite Thank you for reminding me! I had completely forgotten about lipstick playground, I couldn't remember the thread title and could not find it through all the pages and pages of posts. PERFECT!

Yeah, we need to get back to the WAYWT thread, and the daily skincare, and challenges... and all that! 

@mrsbaine The daily skincare thread is soooo needed to make a return! I was washing my face yesterday with my favorite cleanser and thought to myself, what OTHER cleansers can I hoard during the sale?! 

Ohh! What cleanser @MissPuff

Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • fa38dd6fe458505b417754bab08ded7f.gif
  • c6009a824f47fa7263df7e65736319cf
  • 602b5d0fd0962e8fb054644ab57d4e71--weekend-plans-the-weekend
  • 06da9380ed668fd976e59085dffab05b.jpg
  • sephoraisbae.gif
  • Sephora eat.png
  • giphy
  • F2BB165F-B24A-49C9-A3BC-34220E0747EB.jpeg