Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Positivity, Happiness, and what you love about Sephora

Hello and happy Sunday to everyone!

602b5d0fd0962e8fb054644ab57d4e71--weekend-plans-the-weekend

I'm not sure if a thread like this exists, but if not, I'd like to have this one kept active and on the front page as much as possible.

I can't be the only one who has noticed that Sephora's forum has gone to a place of anger and complaints.  It makes me sad, as I used to come here and be happy with everything I saw on the old board format.  Now, I rarely post as I just feel I have no where to post as I can't relate to most of the anger and upheaval on the front page.

So, I figured it would be nice to have this thread to post all happy things, such as what you LIKE about Sephora (come on, even for some of you, there must be SOMETHING that they do that makes you happy lol), and maybe just post happy stories or good things that have happened to you or someone else lately!

I can start and say that the internship I got back in the spring (which many of you know about as I was so happy to get it) has been going fantastic and I love my workplace.  I hope they keep me after I graduate next April!

So, how about you guys? What good has been happening with you?  Thank you and again, happy Sunday!

c6009a824f47fa7263df7e65736319cf

Re: Positivity, Happiness, and what you love about Sephora

I love the brand selection Sephora has. I'm not really into drug-store/low-end makeup or skincare (my exception is mascara), so I feel like Sephora really gets me. Almost everything I use in my skincare/makeup routines can be found here. The only brand I use regularly that they don't carry is Biologique recherché, but that's not happening ever. Thats' ok. I really like the aesthetic and branding of Sephora. And the promos make me happy! 

Why do I love Sephora ❤️ ? Let me count the MANY ways 🙂
1. Phenomenal Customer Service : Never have I had an unresolved issue. Bar none the best in the industry
2. BIC Forum Platform: containing an ever increasing level of diversified topics run by a dedicated team of experts open to everyone for participation, personal enjoyment, enrichment, up to date news on new releases, industry information and customer support.
3. Cutting Edge Product Introduction: Hot off the press newest skincare innovation and on trend makeup colors, styles and tools
4. Beauty Insider Program: Free to join with nice extra perks, points rewards, makeovers, faster free shipping, invitations to fun events and a hotline 🙂
5. Amazingly Intuitive App and Website Navigation: it’s so easy to find everything!!! How can I search/shop? Let me count the many ways!!!
6. Free Shipping: Always and on any size order!!!
7. Great Packaging: very sturdy boxes carefully packed. I’ve never had a damaged order!
8. Unmatched Return Policy: I’ve never been refused a return and well ok there’s also Nordy’s 😉
9. GWP offers almost daily: maybe not a bag full of drugstore brands but quality HIGH END and New things to try!!!
10. Free Samples: with every order and on Anything in the store. AGAIN HIgh End and Newest Products. Not dated old stuff.
11. Sale Page: Extensive and updated constantly with amazing deals!
12. I could go on and on...Sephora has added another dimension to my life because they are not operating as just another store to buy products from but as an integral part of a community that’s inviting, interesting, accommodating, generous, innovative and caring.

OH AND FUN!!! SEPHORA IS FUN 🙂

Thank you to Sephora and to everyone on our amazing BIC team ❤️

@PaletteAddict99,

That's a very well-thought-out list! 

Thank you for reminding us of so many benefits!  🙂

I love many things about Sephora it is my number one Beauty destination store. I live in Canada and we don't have as many beauty stores as say the States but even if we did and would still shop at Sephora. I am Rouge member and I love my free shipping and gifts with purchase 😍 But my number one favourite part of Sephora is Beauty Talk. I am on it at least a couple days a week and feel like it is a second home for me and my excitement of makeup. All the Admin staff like @KatieBT and fellow BIC's make me feel welcome and more comfortable in exploring my love for all things beauty.  Thank you to all of you ladies that have welcomed me in to our community 💗

Reasons to love Sephora ❤️

*Awesome return policy

*BT/ BIC, where I have met many wonderful people over the last few years. Even though there are technical glitches and other issues that make it difficult to participate sometimes, I miss everyone when I am gone. ❤️

Yes hand-down on awesome return policy.  I love that i can return a product if it is not working out.  Love love it.  And also flash shipping.  And oh BIC!!!! and all the lovely people here 😉

@sabrinas I love the Flash Shipping!  Sooo convenient!!!

Agreed - I love that I get free shipping!

@sabrinasGreat thread idea!! : ) There is SO MUCH I love about Sephora! The attractive promos and free samples you get with purchases combined with the superior customer service were what brought me in the door and made me move almost all of my beauty shopping here in the first place.  I love to try new things and I get the opportunity to do that.  The free shipping on any purchase you get with Rouge is my favourite perk and no one else offers that.  The BI community mods are all amazing people like @KatieBT, @MaliBT are super amazing and lovely.  The BI Community members are all amazing and lovely too there are quite a few people who have made me feel so welcome and have been so generous  with their time, tips and advice! I always tell people that this is "the nicest place on the internet" because I think that it really is such a supportive and positive community.    Since I started shopping at Sephora and joined the former BT now BI community I've had the chance to try so many more things and really learn a lot more about makeup and products.  Incidentally this has also coincided with a drastic increase in my cosmetics spending and collection but that's another story lol.

@RoseCharlie Awwwww this post just put a big smile on my face!! We appreciate you too especially your positive attitude, you help to keep this community the happiest place on the internet 🙂

@sabrinas, @KatieBT Yayyyy! Thanks guys! : ) 💕🦄🎂 The same goes for the pair of you - thank you for making this such a happy and fun place! : )  Honestly this online community that has been built here is really amazing, there are so many things that I wouldn't know about or wouldn't have known to try/buy if it wasn't for this place not to mention that there are so many positive, kind and supportive people I wouldn't know.  Checking in here always helps me destress and puts a smile on my face too.  💕🦄🎂 

@RoseCharlie Oh yes I totally agree with all of that! Its such a great place overall- especially the boards when Im looking for support or help! Many are just so sweet and lovely, and the mods do an awesome job of diffusing any awkward situations!

Since we are on the final day of the sale a big thank you to Sephora and customer service.  The discount is greatly appreciated!

F2BB165F-B24A-49C9-A3BC-34220E0747EB.jpeg

I want to add that I am also so grateful and happy with the Free Flash Shipping that I get as a Rouge!  I blame my first becoming Rouge on the option to buy the Flash Shipping  for $10.  That made all the difference in my buying habits here.  It opened the door. 

3 free samples (before they were foils), and the attractive Promo Codes sealed my fate.  

I really enjoy the 3 free samples that is always offered when you shop online at Sephora, it gives me a chance to try out products or hear about brands I've never even knew existed. Lots of times I'll simply click on a random brand and jump from place to place seeing new items and what people's focuses are. (granted I wish I could search via price tags so I could scan across all the brands at once but that's a interface type situation so not too big a deal right now 😄 )

@Lunarfang

What do you mean by “search via price tags”? I might be misunderstanding, but you can search something like “$10” and it will show things that are approximately $10. I don’t use that too often anymore so I’m not sure how well it works. I usually used it to search for things when I needed to add just a few dollars for free shipping.

I definitely didn't word that correctly haha 

There certainly is that filter option for $ amount, although I've never simply put a dollar amount in the main search engine. I guess my main point was in response to how during christmas season if you look into the "gifts" section the first filter is that $10 and Under etc., I just kinda wish that was a more consistant section rather than just a seasonal thing in response to items for sale. However, the interface they have now is fairly standard for all websites so not really a big deal. Although I never thought about just searching a dollar amount in the main search engine, what a great idea, I'm totally gonna do that now! 😄

I agree with @LCResz and @emmohh, and others, that we need to get all the Customer Service Complaints off the Main Feed so we can enjoy this Community as we once did. 

I have been answering Customer to Customer Chat Line Questions lately, and I see the exact questions, comments, and complaints, word for word, posted as Threads on the Main Feed.  I cannot, for the life of me, see what Sephora has to gain by having all these Negative Comments on the Main Feed.  It is demoralizing to the rest of us, and it interferes with any positive flow or access that we want to have for our own Community Threads. 

The question is, what can we do to change things on the Main Feed so it is more useful to our Community?  How can we petition and convince the Mods to change the Main Feed and separate out all the Customer Service Questions and Complaints to another place: preferably channeled directly to the Customer Service Department.  

It is a problem to have any good Thread seen by a good number of people now, even this Thread.  I love our Community and want to see it thrive again, and be a happy place. 

Anonymous Insider

I know on desktop you can change to a feed with only your...

I know on desktop you can change to a feed with only your groups; if they'd just update mobile to do the same it could all work out perfect.
Anonymous Insider

when you're in conversions on the left side there is a ch...

when you're in conversions on the left side there is a check box that says my groups under a bolded show only tab, check that 🙂

Re: I know on desktop you can change to a feed with only your...

@Anonymous,

How do you do that on desktop?

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • fa38dd6fe458505b417754bab08ded7f.gif
  • c6009a824f47fa7263df7e65736319cf
  • 602b5d0fd0962e8fb054644ab57d4e71--weekend-plans-the-weekend
  • 06da9380ed668fd976e59085dffab05b.jpg
  • sephoraisbae.gif
  • Sephora eat.png
  • giphy