Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Positivity, Happiness, and what you love about Sephora

Hello and happy Sunday to everyone!

602b5d0fd0962e8fb054644ab57d4e71--weekend-plans-the-weekend

I'm not sure if a thread like this exists, but if not, I'd like to have this one kept active and on the front page as much as possible.

I can't be the only one who has noticed that Sephora's forum has gone to a place of anger and complaints.  It makes me sad, as I used to come here and be happy with everything I saw on the old board format.  Now, I rarely post as I just feel I have no where to post as I can't relate to most of the anger and upheaval on the front page.

So, I figured it would be nice to have this thread to post all happy things, such as what you LIKE about Sephora (come on, even for some of you, there must be SOMETHING that they do that makes you happy lol), and maybe just post happy stories or good things that have happened to you or someone else lately!

I can start and say that the internship I got back in the spring (which many of you know about as I was so happy to get it) has been going fantastic and I love my workplace.  I hope they keep me after I graduate next April!

So, how about you guys? What good has been happening with you?  Thank you and again, happy Sunday!

c6009a824f47fa7263df7e65736319cf

Re: Positivity, Happiness, and what you love about Sephora

@mrsbaine The Oskia Renaissance Gel followed by the Neogen Green Tea Real Fresh Foam Cleanser. I had run out of both and finally restocked and it was like washing my face with rainbows and velvet 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

Yaaay, Neogen Green Tea Real Fresh Foam Cleanser, @MissPuff!!  I picked up the Neogen Cranberry cleanser and am going to see how that works this weekend!

Anonymous Insider

A cranberry cleanser?  That sounds perfect for the holidays, @Anonymous. 

BT definitely felt more close-knit but it might just be because of the CS posts like everyone mentioned. Negativity aside(!!), Sephora is definitely my happy place. I never really shopped at Sephora until college, and now it’s one of my favorite stores all around.

I love Sephora’s CS, and even when mishaps occur, they always resolve it super quickly. Sephora has my heart 💖

Nice thread idea!  @sabrinas  Congrats on the internship!

My love affair with Sephora began when I was in high school in Europe and compounded when Sephora started spreading across the U.S. 

This is probably my favorite place to shop - anytime I see black and white stripes, I associate them with Sephora and I'm ready to get shopping!!!  🙂

The community here is amazing, too!  While I still miss the old BT, I am thankful for all the wonderful friends I've met over the last few years! ❤️ 

sephoraisbae.gif

I have really appreciated the "LIVE CHAT" the online Chat arm of Sephora Customer Service!  Not to be confused with the Customer to Customer "LiveChat." 

I haven't talked to them lately, but they have been so helpful to me when I have had a problem with my order.  I want to give "Live Chat" a shout out and say, "Thanks!"  

😂🤣😂 the pic is SO true! I love it!

😂🤣😂 the pic is SO true! I love it!

I love to have a little positivity. I felt so glad to get my products from Sephora on Fri and got to have a great facial at a new esthetian on the same day. We got to talk about beauty products and she couldn't believe the 20% deal I got from Sephora. She also was envious of some of my purchases (KVD Saints and Sinners). I'm personally envious of the ones posting about going to a local Sephora. The closest one for me is 2 hrs away, which may be a good thing for my bank account! So, everyone enjoy your goodies and share the happiness!

@yankeefaithful There is a sephora just a 5 minute walk from my office and I have to physically stop myself from popping over every once in a while "just to look" because that never happens 🙂 Convenient for swatching and getting foundation samples, but it is ROUGH on my wallet!

@MissPuff I can't imagine having a Sephora within walking distance ever. That would definitely be the end of my marriage!! Enjoy for me!

Fun! And VERY needed! I agree with @LCResz; we just need to hide customer support stuff from the main page. It would go a long way. 

I love lots of things about Sephora; a forum where liked minded people can talk is one. I've met some awesome people here and are friends "off Sephora" with many! 

Sephora makes the sale process easy; I order, and I have my stuff in 2 days tops. It helps that I'm under 30 miles from the warehouse. 

I may be the minority but I like the Play! Box. I'm at a place in my life where $10 is my daily Starbucks budget so this is low spend, nice surprise for me. I enjoy opening it and seeing what I get! Even if the whole thing gets dobated, I find it fun. 

I like threads like this where some OG'ers from old BT can encourage positive interaction for newer community members! I like seeing new faces around (come join the Weekly challenge thread!) I want to hear from you guys!!! 

@mrsbaine I love the play box too! It’s probably not “worth it” for me because I have pretty sensitive skin, so I give away or donate quite a bit of the items. But, I love getting the surprise in my mailbox and being able to play with some things that I would never have bought for myself.

Cool thread idea @sabrinas. I had to call Sephora last week, and the customer service rep that I had was extremely helpful and nice! I didn’t catch their name, but it was one of the best customer service experiences ever!!

Great idea @sabrinas! I've only had small issues in the p...

Great idea @sabrinas! I've only had small issues in the past and CS has alwayd been great! I feel so bad for them right now with all the negativity lately. I've also had pretty good luck with that in-store experiences. Sephora also has great community outreach programs.

@sabrinas I think the reason that BIC doesn't have the same vibe as BT once did is because the Customer Support stuff is always visible, instead of only being seen if you specifically go to that part of the forum. Since people usually reach out to CS when they have issues, the feed has unfortunately been overrun with posts that are legit but focused on problems and therefore have a negative pall.

Personally, I've been really lucky and have had nothing but positive experiences when I've reached out to Sephora's CS; fingers crossed that it remains that way!

Another thing I really love/hate to love about Sephora: all the awesome brands that are now carried! Bite Beauty, Kat Von D, Tom Ford Beauty, Pat McGrath, Jo Loves, ooooph, I love it all, but my wallet... Not so much 🤑

That’s so wonderful about your internship! 

I love sephora’s customer service. UPS lost one of my packages from the fall sale, and all my conversations with UPS were so frustrating. But, the Sephora rep re-sent my order right away when I called, and he was so friendly the whole time. We even chatted a bit about the Midwest, since he had recently taken a road trip around here. 

Also, my husband turns 30 next Saturday, so we’re throwing a big party with all our friends. I’ve been busy this weekend with figuring out catering and all the other shopping I need to do for the party, but I’m so excited for next weekend 😊.

Oh thats awesome!! How great! And I turn 30 in two years, I feel I should have a big celebration once it happens lol!

How I feel about Sephora

06da9380ed668fd976e59085dffab05b.jpg

@suzyo @Lazybeautybeast I’m right there with you! I couldn’t stay away...😊 

lol. so true! I went to 3 Sephora's in two days this week...

lol. so true! I went to 3 Sephora's in two days this weekend.
Anonymous Insider

Exactly, @suzyo!

Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • fa38dd6fe458505b417754bab08ded7f.gif
  • c6009a824f47fa7263df7e65736319cf
  • 602b5d0fd0962e8fb054644ab57d4e71--weekend-plans-the-weekend
  • 06da9380ed668fd976e59085dffab05b.jpg
  • sephoraisbae.gif
  • Sephora eat.png
  • giphy