Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Pets?

I'm feeling bummed today since my kitty is very sick and I can't be home right now to take care of him... Normally if I'm having a bad day, my fiance knows to just text me a picture of one of my 2 kitties and it'll definitely make me smile. Anyone feel up for sharing some pics of their little furry buddies? My two kitties are Niko 9 y/o black short haired (he's the sick one Smiley Sad ) and Yuki who is 2. I'm totally okay with being a crazy cat lady. No shame.

Re: Pets?

That's EXACTLY it! He normally doesn't sleep in bed with me if my fiance is in bed, he never has. But the last week he's been sleeping between us every night.. make me so sad because he wants the comfort and we can't just make him better.

OMG, this is SO cute! I think that I'm a crazy cat lady for sureSmiley Happy That pic of your cat Niko is so cute!! (The one where he looks like he's laughing on his back).

<3 Melissa

Ha, nothing wrong with that! Thank you! He's a character! I like to call that Niko's rockstar photo.

My bf and I have a couple of fish together. That's Dog, our male betta, our place is too small to keep the kind of dog we want so we got a fish and named him Dog instead. He's a double, half moon tail betta. We have a female betta that is green and blue and she's Cat, as in Cat Fish, she's kept in her own tank next to the male. Dog's tankmate is a golden algae eater named Al.

Dog was actually a bit smaller than that photo when we first got him, and since that pic was taken his fins are even longer and larger! He's so pretty! He flares up to show off for Cat since we keep them next to one another and he builds bubble nests too.

I'm quite the betta fish nerd actually! X-D

I love bettas!!!  They are so beautiful.  I love how you and your bf named them lol.  Smiley Very Happy  Fish are so interesting to watch.  Lanndan and I would love to have a salt water fish tank someday, but it is so expensive to start one.  

Holy moly look at those fins!! He's so... majestic lol. Love the names, I can't be trusted with plants or fish since I haven't had the....best experiences with them. But I always love seeing tanks! So cool!

I have a dog that I rescued two years ago (NEVER going to a breeder again) 

And I have a horse, although he's a bit more then just a pet to me Smiley Happy

Aww your pooch is a real cutie! That's so cool you have a horse as well!

I love seeing all of these pictures!  I wish my FB feed was like this thread!  All I see there are lovey dovey status updates and babies. I want to see more animals lol.

Here are my furry siblings, but one of them is my "son." lol.

My furry son and very first cat: Doobie.  He's a rescue, and the name came with him lol. He loves catnip and going outside on his leash or in the "catio."  Although some cats hate it, he loves to have his belly rubbed from time to time.  In the pictures, he is inside my baja hoodie.  

Jasmine is my mom's rescue kitty, and she is sassy and weird lol.  She taps people's butts for attention, and she will sneak into human food if you are not looking.  She likes mayonaise (she stuck her head in the jar!), gravy, ranch dressing, and chips.  If someone is eating chips or Cheetos, she will ever so gently tap the persons hand or the bag lol.

Nala is a rescue who came to me and my family.  When we got close to her, we noticed she was severely skinny, yet she somehow managed to take care of two kittens!  We fattened her up, and now she is an excellent, spoiled barn cat.  Her two kittens have homes with my Granny and one of my neighbors.  

Sally is an 11 year old chihuahua who thinks she is a guard dog.  We refer to her as "Mrs. McGruff" because she will sun on the porch while keeping an eye on the area.  All of the animals are rescues except for her.  She came from a breeder since the shelters did not have any chihuahuas at the time.  She was a therapy dog when I was first diagnosed with OCD, and I believe she knew she was helping me.  When my mom would pick her up and touch her paw to an object that I was afraid to touch (germs), she did not squirm or try to jump out of my mom's arms.

I love this slightly older picture of Brutus lol.  He is a boxer/mastiff mix rescue who is a daddy's boy lol.  Even with this winter weight, he is as solid as a rock!  He loves going for rides, and he loves to wrestle.  He and his new brother are getting along very well.  When they start wrestling and chasing each other, they try to bring me in, but I know they would easily win lol.

Of course, I've already introduce Meat Head lol.  I believe he loves his new home, and he is slowly realizing there are loving people in the world.  Although he is still under weight (he needs to stop burning off his food with all of his playing; he needs a few lazy days lol), he is strong!!!  He pretty much drags me on the leash, so we have to work with him on walking on a leash.  He's a goofy, slobbery boy who loves hugs!!

Although she is no longer physical here, Jewel will always be in my heart.  I often tell Meat Head that she led us to him, and I can see some of her sweetness in him.  Along with her marker, my mom also ordered this dog tag.  I have it on chain so I can wear it, and it has a pink silencer around it so it doesn't make a lot of noise.  The poem absolutely touches my heart.  I'll always love her.

That is the cutest thing, I have never seen any thing like that. I will have to look into that, My sisters dog passed away a few years ago and that very same day she was sitting outside crying and a cute puppy came up to her and wouldn't leave her alone, we tried to find an owner, but no luck, so we kept her! We named her Halo, She's the dog i posted pictures of.

I love how you named her Halo!  That is so sweet!  

Wow, I think its really touching how you and your family are so kind to animals. If everyone was like that to all living things, the world would be a better place.

So sorry about jewel Smiley Sad

- the key chain idea is so creative, though...

AHHHHHH they are all SO cute!!! hehe "catio" Jasmine looks like such a little lady with her paws crossed! I love it! It's great how you've rescued so many furry buddies!!!  I still keep chuckling to myself about Brutus and his big grin. It's very obvious your animals love you very much! Thanks so much for sharing these! I very much agree with the phrase on that tag "gone but not forgotten". These little guys leave such BIG impressions on our hearts and minds.

It's amazing how animals can leave such an impression on our hearts and minds.  Life would not be the same without them.

I love seeing all the pictures of everyone's pets!

They seriously are the best way to make my day better Smiley Happy

Here are my lovely animals.

This is my baby Allie. This is my favorite picture of her but she's older now.

This is a more recent picture of her fishing. She loves to go on the boat and sunbathe after a long day of swimming. Her favorite place is at my grandparents house because they have a huge yard and lake for her to have fun.

Here she is swimming her heart out.

These are my babies Hannah (left) and Herman (right) when they were babies. Aren't they cute?!

Here they are cuddling:

Here they are older. Herman in a pan? lol. And Hannah laying on her favorite chair.

My animals are my loves. I hope you all love them too!

Oh My Goodness! They are all sooo cute! Definitely Made my day!!!

Cuddles! <3

I agree! I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing all these animal pictures. I've been having a very rough week dealing with a sick kitty and now getting a second opinion on him since I'm not satisfied with the results of the doctor I'm using. I really appreciate everyone on BT for sharing all these great stories/photos. Allie is SO cute! Your kitties are so adorable and cuddly! I love Hannah's coloring!

Highlighted

Aw you are so sweet! I love that BT is not just about beauty but its a good community for us all to become friends as well!

I really hope everything is going okay with your kitty Smiley Sad I read your last post. God those things just break my heart. It's difficult to have a sick pet. Allie was sick a few days ago. We took her to the vet twice. Her eye swelled up really bad. It looked like she had a golfball above her eye and it was so swollen her eye couldnt open. So we took her to the vet and she gave her benadryl. Well the swelling went down but then she got this weird rash under her arms. It looked like painful red bumps. So we called back and she said just stick with more benadryl. Then allie broke out in horrible hives all down her body.. So we took her back in and they gave her a vaccine for an allergic reaction. Taking animals to the vet is scary when something is wrong. I hope everything goes okay with your kitty. Hopefully you find a good doctor in your area and kitty will be back to purring in no time. <3

I love the cats' markings!  They are stunning!

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Today I just had to put my family dog down. She was a red golden retriever.  I'm super bummed.  She was almost 13, and was a three-time cancer survivor.  So we were lucky to have her as long as we did.  Now she's in doggy heaven eating filet mignon and chasing rabbits.  I was holding her in my arms when we put her down and her head fell into my lap.  yeah, talk about emotional!

She was honestly the most loving, caring dog.  I remember one time when I was younger and when I was sick, I was home from school.  My mom had to go to a business meeting and my dad was at work.  Before my mom left, she brought my dog to my room and laid her down next to my bed.  She told her "you stay here and watch her.  Make sure she's okay."  Sure enough when my mom got home, she was still in the same exact spot and hadn't moved a muscle.  It was like she knew i was sick.  What a sweetie.

She was so loved and will be greatly missed.  I would post a pic, but this picture uploader here on BT always gives me problems and I can't summon the strength/energy to deal with that right now--I've been sobbing ALL day.  When will it stop??

Anyway, give all of your pets a big hug and kiss right now and show them just how much you love them.

It was so hard to put Pinky down...this sounds terrible but it was harder losing her than it was losing my own father! She was my baby!

Sorry to hear about your member of the family's passing Smiley Sad

I know it's tough, time will heal. I promise. I had my furry friend pass away from a not so pleasant death last month, and he was only 3 in human years. Maybe they're chasing eachother around in pet heaven! The Rainbow Bridge is a very healing story about the passing of our pets. It made me think happy things oppose to the negative. Atleast she got to live her entire long life with your family, and I imagine you guys gave her the most loving and caring home as she did for you Smiley Happy Got to focus on the positives, but I know how hard it is. Many of us do. 

Aw, Babybear04, I'm so sorry to hear! She sounds like quite a might dog to be 13 and a 3x cancer survivor, I'm sure she had lots to fight for and didn't want to let go of the love you and your family gave to her. 

Kudos to keeping your head held high and looking at the bright side....any dog would be lucky with chasing rabbits and filet mignon!

All the best!

Conversation Stats
Photos43
  • DSC00302.JPG
  • Niko being ashame of his weight.JPG
  • Niko REALLY into soccer.JPG
  • Niko being a rockstar.JPG
  • cuddles.JPG
  • Yuki with her fave toy.JPG
  • rocky1.jpg
  • IMG_0018.jpg
  • IMG_0423.jpg