Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Pet Peeves

What are some of your pet peeves? Whether its beauty related or not. One of mine is when people walk up the escalator when the stairs are right next it. Especially when they wait for their turn on the escalator instead of taking the stairs. 

Re: Pet Peeves

Being questioned and second guessed on positive things that are proven winning situations.  feeling sick to my stomach after readinthan out things that shouldn't happen or similar scar reopening experiences.  sorry ladies, having a bit of a down night.  The fact that my iPhone kept trying to replace sorry with Larry was rather amusing though XD

ah...the frustrating autocorrect! I remember getting a text message from dh asking me if I want anything from wh*re foods? Apparently he meant whole foods!

Ahh i recently thought of something that annoys me! It's mostly aimed at my sister lol. She always has her phone set at the highest volume. Every few minutes she gets a text and it's the same loud beep! She knows she's texting someone back and fourth so why can't she have it on vibrate, I don't know!! It's so annoying. Gets me so annoyed! I have so many pet peeves, it's horible. 

I have another:

Makeup Testers at Sephora.... When they try on the products without using the disposable applicator. YUCK! & It's not jsut 12 year old girls. I saw a woman in her late 40's put on mascara right from the tube, and then put on lipgloss from the tube. I was having a bad day so I approached her & informered her kindly of the tester applicators. She looked at me like I had 10 heads! Got all pissy said the germs/bacteria & getting an infection from mascara is a myth & how is she supposed to know if the mascara is right for her without testing out the wand. I then asked her if she throws out her mascara after 3 months & got a "why the H*** would I do that. It lasts for a good year" This was in a high-end mall. I did get a high five from one of the cast members though. 

Ugh, I want to barf just thinking about that day 

Suuuuuure, infections are just a "myth"....so pink eye is what? Just a new way to wear colors like peony, sweet pea, and magenta as close to your cornea as possible? >.<

Some people!

I had a similar story occurr when I was working cosmetics/retail and informed a woman using mascara straight from the tube that disposable wands were available, to which she replied, "Oh, no, that's okay!" As if I had asked rather than made a statement. I then casually brought up how even though she may be fine using it direct from the tube, she doesn't know whether or not a person did the same before her and if they had any eye infections or issues. She then slowly looked up and with wide-eyes state, "Oh....you're right!!!!"

*face palm*

Lol, for a moment I thought you were talking about me. Ugh, it's ok for people to be naive, but I feel like it's the employee's job to step in and inform them with a "may I help you?" so she won't look at you like you have 10 heads. That's one of the reason I don't swatch anything on my face (except foundation/concealer on the jawline) and don't like getting my make up done instores (never used the make over coupons). 

Highlighted

I edited it Smiley Wink I swatch lip products on my hand. And on occasion on my lips, but I wipe it off with the alcohol (drying I know, but if I'm going to buy the YSL gloss stain I want to make sure it looks good on)

lolz. YSL gloss stain! It's the silver tube ones right? I'm so tempted. Is it more on the lipbalm side like Fresh Sugar or more on the hydrating lipstick side? Thanks!

No this one http://www.sephora.com/rouge-pur-couturevernis-a-levres-glossy-stain-P304003?skuId=1395219 They are really glossy when you first put them on & then over time turn into a stain. There's some color transfer at first, but I don't need to reapply often. I'm not good with lispticks, they always end up smudging and getting all over the place. Number 20 is the onlt red I can actually pull off! I prefer glosses or stains. Nars lip glosses are highly pigmented and aren't sticky like mac. 

I thought of another one!  Passholes.  You know those people who drive slow in the left lane and then speed up as soon as they realize you want to pass them?  They are Passholes.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • swfupload_6281966650318242038.jpg
  • swfupload_3457344434295952667.gif
  • swfupload_3729194646846279716.gif
  • swfupload_7577729659815768209.jpg