Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Pet Peeves

What are some of your pet peeves? Whether its beauty related or not. One of mine is when people walk up the escalator when the stairs are right next it. Especially when they wait for their turn on the escalator instead of taking the stairs. 

Re: Pet Peeves

lol @ not washing hands...I read an article about that recently and the statistics on people not washing their hands after using the restroom is pretty disturbing!!

Oh man, texting back "K" is a big one of mine too! My ex-husband does that all the time!

My biggest pet peeve is spitting! There's nothing like seeing a stranger hock a big loogie out a car window or onto the street. It is the foulest thing ever and makes me gag everytime I see someone do it. Other big pet peeves include people who don't signal when driving & people with bad phone manners. My work involves me calling companies most of the day and you would be shocked by the amount of people that answer business telephones by just saying hello or just plain being rude. You are not at home, be professional and always say the name of the business!!!! Drives me nuts! Ok I feel better now lol!

People who walk while texting/ not looking up from their phones...especially walking across busy streets w/ lots of traffic like we have here in the FIDI in SF! I sort of want to yell at them or bump into them, but I'm not that rude.

People who don't know how to ride a bus-- please move to the back when it's crowded. People stand in the middle and act like you're being rude trying to get around them. Same for people standing in the doorway when they aren't getting off at the next stop...get out of the way ffs!

And this isn't a pet peeve but rather something I always have to correct people on just to educate them-- don't put your wrists together/ press your wrist into your neck etc after spraying fragrance. You are essentially "crushing the bouquet" (causing the fragrance notes to develop more quickly and not in the way they were intended). Just spray and let it dry, and you'll finally understand the way the fragrance was intended to smell. If you are using an oil perfume, then it's perfectly ok to dab-- oils are meant to be used this way!

I have a few but one of them is people who sit a corner or intersection waiting until my car is 100 feet in front of them when they decide to pull out right in front of me - and then proceed to slam on their brakes "cause they may be going too fast!"  oh so annoying!

Highlighted

Those who eat with their mouth opened, whether it be actually food or chewing on gum. Not to mention those who slurp like their is no tomorrow.

People who take up more room than they should. By that I mean those who put their stuff onto the chair next to them when they could just put them on the floor or on their laps.

I have quite a fair share of pet peeves, but if I was to list them all, people will think I am crazy.

beauty:

-when people shave their eyebrows just to line it thinly with a pencil...i dont get it!

-when people's perfumes/colognes are reeking from a mile away ( then they spray some more when they cant smell themselves anymore )

at home:

- It really bothers me when I see the ice trays in the freezer with one or two ice cubes left in all of them

anywhere:

- when people get all giraffe on me and peek at my cellphone/ipad when im using it

- also when people get mad while driving then drive next to you just to glare...talk about awkward!

Haha about the perfume overdose....people don't understand olfactory fatigue. Your brain gets used to perceiving the fragrance as a frequency and begins tuning it out so you can't smell it...but everyone else does. Same thing happens after you smell several fragrances...after about 3-4 all of the notes just kind of turn to mush as far as what your brain can pick up!

when your shower curtain attacks you!!!!

They are passive beasts, but lord help you if they're hungry! XD

Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • swfupload_6281966650318242038.jpg
  • swfupload_3457344434295952667.gif
  • swfupload_3729194646846279716.gif
  • swfupload_7577729659815768209.jpg