Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty
Highlighted

Pet Peeves

What are some of your pet peeves? Whether its beauty related or not. One of mine is when people walk up the escalator when the stairs are right next it. Especially when they wait for their turn on the escalator instead of taking the stairs. 

Re: Pet Peeves

I have several but I've been working on not letting them bother me so much, I am very much a Type A personality.  I think at the moment my biggest one would be my upstairs neighbors' sleeping schedule.  The floor up there is rather thin so I can hear EVERYTHING.  I don't know when these people (that myself and my roommate have deemed our elephants) sleep, they sometimes have a normal quiet night, other times they're to bed at 6am and up at 10am, there are nights when they're going to bed at 2am and their alarm (which both vibrates and sounds like an evacuate alarm) goes off at 530am and is not turned off for hours O.o  I have earplugs, but after so many nights they make my ears sore, I'd talk to them, but they're not doing anything wrong.  Everything they do is just living sounds not in excess so it would seem rude to speak to them about it.  If they had a regular sleeping schedule I don't think this would be so much of a problem.

If they are nice people, especially if they are guys, they shouldn't be too touchy or explode when you ask. My downstair neighbors are frat boys and I hate it. Constant noise is ok but I hate the sharp high pitched scream from drunk girls and I can hear every single curse word the guys utter very clearly. One day my friends can hear their partying through my phone...through the floor, so I went down there and called the guy outside. He was very understanding and gave me his number, so now if they are too loud after midnight, I just send them a text and they quiet down.

That's awesome!  But our neighbor's are pretty quiet unless they yell across the aprtment (not often) or are on the phone, they don't really have guests over and don't play music unless it's daytime, and even then it's only once a week or less Smiley Tongue  They're good neighbors, the only fault is poor insulation Smiley Happy

When people touch my face with their fingertips. Drives me mad. All I can think about is the oil/bacteria getting on my skin & causing breakouts. 

That oogies me out too, roxystar4! My boyfriend likes to touch my face and I hate it. Although when my son was little, he used to love to "trace my face," as we'd call it. He would take this little finger and trace it around the perimeter of my face and up and down my nose and over my eyebrows. It was really cute, and he loved when I did it back to him. Heart

My biggest pet peeve is when people ask me what my pet peeves are. HAHAHAHAHA(pretty funny huh?) o.o No really I have to say that being around someone when they are eating and they are smacking their food as they are talking or have a wod of gum in their mouth. PEEVILLE :/

I find that akward as heck when they're smacking their food and I'm just like okayyyyy

@beautylovingirl that's me too! If you are eating food like you're eating shards of glass? That's a definite no-go for me! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I'm with you all on the food smacking noises.  My office area used to be really quiet, as a number of cubes around were empty and other people worked from home (as I'm doing today).  Now I have a number of new neighbors.  They're not noisy, but one always seems to be chewing something (and it sounds like he's eating with his mouth open), burping, etc.  It's even worse because things are generally quiet. 

I'll admit, it does make me want to work from home even more, though the drive in hot weather without AC in the car is the big demotivator.

My biggest pet peeve is people touching my hair when I'm having a really good hair day. Instead of just complimenting me, they feel the need to touch my hair. It crosses the line. I don't know where their hands have been! They could have just used the bathroom without washing their hands or just went to KFC and had some chicken, etc.

Ewwwwww, I hear you on the no hair touching thing, the only people allowed to touch it are my fiance, my roommate, my masseuse, and my stylist.  Not even my own mother is allowed to touch it XD

I only let my mom, my cousin and my stylist touch my hair because they know what products works for me. Sometimes I can't see my stylist so my mom  or cousin help me.

Hmm...I'm very much a go with the flow kinda person, takes a lot to piss me off.

I dont like it when people take my drink and take a sip from MY lid or straw. At LEAST take the lid off and use your own straw. I'm all for sharing, but not that way. Same thing with food. Help yourself to whatever you want, but use your own fork. Dont take my fork and slobber on it.

I'm all for hugs and I dont mind being touched, but I did have a person that I only met *once* run up to me, kiss me on the top of my head and act like we were besties since kindergarten. And it was weird.

I also hate it when I see people in public bathrooms not wash their hands ($#%$#$%$#), not flush the toilet (I cant tell you how many times I've seen blood and feces and urine and everything!!) or have a conversation on their cell phone while sitting on the toilet. Especially if there's people in line waiting!!

@ilovetopurplefy- That's just gross! Ooooh wait I just thought of another pet peeve, when we are out eating and the person at the nex table or  the booth behind us is trying to hack up a lung or making that noise when their trying to get their snot coughed up.

Ewwww that's nasty! Another pet peeve I have is when the girls in my grade in school (I'm a senior) they bite their nails and leave bitten off pieces of nail and nail polish flakes all over their desks, my desk and and they get into my school bag. It makes me cringe because I love having my nails painted and nice looking.  It's disgusting, unhealthy, and and unsanitary.

OK Seriously has no one seen the funny I made about what my pet peeve is and I said when people ask me what my pet peeve is. (Ya get it don't ya)??

what the ----- ????  LOL!!!!  so random!

It's a Slowpoke, the sloth Pokemon... >.> sort of a commentary of the joke being corny, but enjoyed still Smiley Happy  Also they're good at catching fish with their tails *puts down the Game Boy*

LMAO @moregun89, I love my pokemon! I have my gameboy somewhere in this house. 

1st gen FTW!  Smiley Very Happy

Thats the one I have! I end have my Pokemon Gold Verison.

thank goodness you came back to explain.  that would've kept me up all night.  i love absurd humor!

MoreGun!  come back here and explain yourself!  LOL!

121 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • swfupload_6281966650318242038.jpg
  • swfupload_3457344434295952667.gif
  • swfupload_3729194646846279716.gif
  • swfupload_7577729659815768209.jpg