Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

She is such a cutie! Thank you so much @curlychiquita 🤍 Happy Thanksgiving!

Congratulations, @LilaMJ !  🐇🥳💝

Thank you so much @Titian06 ! Hugs from both of us 🐰🤍

Most of you might remember my story about two years ago finding a little kitten out in a field. Little Apollo. Well...the other day my mom had been trying to start a fire outside all day, we live in the country and this is normal for our area, she has a burn pile. She had no luck. It's night time I look on our cameras and see a few little spots burning I'm like you have a fire outside. She's all oh it'll just burn itself out like it has been. A little bit later she's all there's flashing lights all over outside...the jeep looks like it's on fire. It was the fire and it got huge! I'm like you need to put that out now!!! I go outside to watch her and I hear mew mew little baby crying. I look out into the light cast off into the chicken coup area and see a little baby moving. I have once again found a baby kitten. She hadn't heard it. Despite me having baby fever, I make her keep the kitten. I have to focus on Bandit. He's had surgery recently and not doing too well. So please welcome George. Named after George Weasley because he is a mischievous little shi.... haha. 

George.jpg 

That is awesome that you have Fred and George @Samtian

@faeriegirl Haha yep. George seems happy to have someone his own size to pick on.

@Samtian , George is one handsome little man. I said that I am not interested in owning any more animals after my Maine Coon cat passed. Anyway when my son moved out, he was lonely so he adopted a dog. He accepted an assignment that required a lot of overtime so mom and dad said that we would help him out until he could figure out how to care for the dog. Anyway 4.5 years later that little guy burrowed his way into our heart. 

@Loretta55 They have a way of doing that!

I have a question for you @Samtian, how many cats and dogs do you have? You really have a huge heart giving George a home. I would probably at this moment give all of my attention to Bandit. How is Bandit?

@Loretta55 Thank you. I have two cats, Bandit and Apollo, since I put Hyde down in August. My mom has two dogs, and now with George two cats, two birds, and like 8 chickens lol. Bandit is licking wet food a little now, which is more than he was before. Still bleeding though. We finished his antibiotics on Friday.

@Samtian ,

Sometimes a cat needs a second, different antibiotic if the first one doesn't quite do the job.  Sometimes a second opinion from another Vet is in order, too, when an infection or problem goes on too long.  I'm glad to hear that Bandit is eating a bit more. 

@tsavorite Thank you. Oh yes we are on a second vet. 

What did the vet say about Bandit’s bleeding @Samtian? Do the dogs and cats get along or do they just tolerate one another?

@Loretta55 That it's normal, needs to be left open, and to do a warm compress a few times a day. Bandit and my moms chihuahua do not get along, they are  both alphas. Beyond that everyone else gets along. My mom's big dog  doesn't care about anyone else haha. 

@Samtian ,

It probably is good that the infection is draining instead of swelling up inside the tissues.  I'm glad that you are staying in touch with the Vet and taking such good care of Bandit!  I'm wishing you guys all the best! 

The Weasley twins are heart-stealers!  The orange kitties that I have had as pets were some of the sweetest adult male cats ever!

@tsavorite Haha yes the twins are! Fred had a bath in the bathtub today lol.

@tsavorite The infection is gone and it looks a lot better, unfortunately it turns out to be a tumor and he has surgery again next week.

@Samtian ,

I'm so sorry to hear that Bandit has a tumor and needs more surgery!  Poor guy!  Is it a lipoma or adipose tumor?  Do they know yet?  You will both be in my prayers!  You are doing everything for him that you can, that's all that you can do.  He is lucky to have you in his corner!   

How are the Weasley twins doing?  They need immunizations and neutering, don't they?  Your cup runneth over.  I still think the Momcat brought you her kids so they would get fed and have a chance at life.  Maybe she would appreciate a bowl of food put out for her.

@tsavorite Thank you. We don't know yet but it will be sent off for testing when they take it out. He's my soulmate I gotta do what I can for him. Weasleys are good, trouble makers, but good. They go in for shots next week, the day before Bandit actually. 

I have never had more than one large animal at a time @Samtian . It is good that most of your animals get along with each other.

@Loretta55 Yep! Thankfully only the one dog is large lol.

1 Reply
testing