Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

Oh no @sonnydee. My heart goes out to you. It’s true that not knowing is the worst. I’m praying your kitty will make it back to you safely. Hugs to you sweetie. I’d be a mess. 💔

I am a mess, this week has really kicked my butt! Trying to not be to sad because Christmas is right around the corner & I got small kids with plenty of activities to do. But my 4 year old is asking about her kitty. Ughhhhhh!😭 @jozkid

@sonnydee, so sorry to hear this. Just maybe she will sti...

@sonnydee, so sorry to hear this. Just maybe she will still turn up. Since I'm a dispatcher at the fire department here in town, we always have the few people who still call in that have cats stuck in a tree (so if you have a tree area it's worth looking upwards) Hope she turns up.

Re: @sonnydee, so sorry to hear this. Just maybe she will sti...

Thank you @Luvstravel I've had to call the fire department to get my Fluffy out of a tree. She finally came down before they got there but she was at least 20 ft up!.

@sonnydee  Oh, I am so sorry!! I hope you find your sweet Lily!! Not knowing is horrible, so I hope you can get closure, but hopefully she'll turn up! My heart goes out to you and your family!!😔

Thank you @yankeefaithful not knowing IS the worst part. I wish my neighbors would grow some &#tts and "say, sorry, it was your cat my dog attacked. Here's the body, so you can give it a proper burial." But no. "Oh my dog wouldn't do that." The dog was SEEN with a cat in its mouth🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

@sonnydee  Oh, that would make me soooo mad!! They need to speak up, even if it's not Lily. Someone else may be missing a cat!! We had a cat, Gizmo, who was an indoor/outdoor cat, that went missing,  during the day, and we never found him or his body!! It's torture!! We looked and looked! So, I do hope you can get the closure you need!!😥

Marzipan has been a travelling kitty this week. From packing to airport to getting to roam around a house 3 times the size of my apartment. Here are a few from the last few days:

She's ready to go.She's ready to go.Hiding in the safety of the carrier in the airport.Hiding in the safety of the carrier in the airport.Little (by comparison) cat hanging out on a big bed.Little (by comparison) cat hanging out on a big bed.

What a cutie, @snoflakefaerie!  I'm glad Marzipan likes traveling!

How awesome Marzipan gets to travel with you @snoflakefaerie

Anyone have tips on how to train a cat to tolerate the carrier?

my cat Ivani (aka the Baroness von Bossypants) HATES the carrier. I have to wrap her in a towel and stuff her in it. I have tried soft carrier like one above and different sizes of standard hard sided carrier. I tried leaving it out all the time with her favorite toys and blanket in it and also putting treats in it. Have tried feeding her in it but then she won’t eat.

I have had her a year in September and she is 3.5. She is really a sweetheart and very loving but won’t tolerate the carrier. I worry that if there was an emergency she’d go hide and I couldn’t get her out safely. 

Any ideas?

BBDFB14E-C7AE-4E9E-A892-473038352F50.jpeg

@lipstick4soul Ivani is so cute! Love her coloring 🙂 Unfortunately, my cat hates the carrier too 😞 One thing that has helped is a treat and a comfy blanket in the carrier. Hope this helps! 

Best,
Rebecca 

I'm sorry @lipstick4soul I don't really have any good suggestions. It's only been in the last 3-4 years she has started being ok with her carrier. I spent years stuffing her in to it and have always had to buy the ones where the zipper locks together. The only thing that has seemingly helped is repetition. She has also learned that in stressful situations, like the airport or fire alarms, the carrier means safety and a get away from the loud/bad stuff. I have always put her in there with a favorite toy and give her lots of treats. I do think leaving it out is a good thing, and perhaps the more you put her in the carrier, the easier it will become. Practice makes perfect?

Really gives me hope that Marzipan has gotten used to it over time @snoflakefaerie. I won’t give up yet if it might be possible. Thank you!!

Hi @snoflakefaerie,

How cute! What a good kitty 🙂 Thanks for sharing. 

Best,
Rebecca 

so cute!

so cute!

@snoflakefaerie,

Beautiful Marzipan!  So lucky to be able to go with you instead of being left at home!

What a good kitty!

@snoflakefaerie Oh, I love Torties, and Marzipan is sooo pretty!! I had one before, Pepper,  and she was such a sweetie! Does she travel well?

@yankeefaithful thank you. She definitely has "tortie-tude" but she is also a cuddle bug. She's been flying 2-3 times a year for most of her life, so it's old hat to her. I'm pretty lucky that she's an adventurous kitty that way.

She is beautiful @snoflakefaerie!

Thanks @faeriegirl!

So I’m looking for advice. My kitty Ernie turned a year old in September. Maybe some of you remember when I adopted him in March when he was seven months old. Not long after he got really ill with a roundworm infestation. After several trips to the vet we got that all taken care of and he was doing great. Then around September I noticed he was getting bald patches on his sides. The vet didn’t see any evidence of any mites or skin irritations and said it looked like Ernie was overgrooming due to stress. I have NO idea what might be stressing this cat out. Has anyone out there ever dealt with this issue before? The vet wanted to put him on meds for anxiety. I hate to have to drug the poor guy. We’ve talked about adopting a second cat as a companion but are worried that might backfire and stress him out even more. Any thoughts are appreciated!

3 Replies
testing