Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

Oh the colors of that kitty’s fur are beauuuutiful!!!!  @samls324

@samls324,

What cute new kittens you have!  I have never seen a kitten in a onsie! 

Somehow, it looks right!  I usually hate to see clothes on kitties.  Cause they usually look like they are not happy.

I hope DJ feels better and does well!  My thoughts and prayers are with you and DJ. 

DJ is one of the coolest cats ever!  So beautiful!   What a face!   ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

@samls324 Thanks for sharing your cute fur baby pics!  They are gorgeous!!!  I hope your little one who had surgery continues to thrive.  And that your new baby settles in well.  

For the record, I like Minnie for a name.  I have a list of cat names, should I ever get another.  I like Birdie, Bun Bun, Ruby, Gummi, Sprinkles...and a bunch more that don't come to mind right now.  But what's in a name?  So long as the pet is kind 🙂  Best of luck!

@samls324  I really hope DJ is doing ok and recovering nicely. I hate when one of my babies is sick.  And your two new babies are so pretty! I love Thea and I think you should call the little calico Minerva. That name seems to fit. She reminds me of a calico I had a few years back named Pepper. Loved that cat! What a big heart you must have to take care of all these babies! 

Tonks!

Thanks for updating us and sharing pictures. Best wishes, ear scritches and good health vibes to DJ-kitty!

RE: Pet Paradise

My fur baby’s name is Oliver and he is the cutest!!! 🐶

Re: RE: Pet Paradise

@lorrainejrd7  Hi Oliver!

@lorrainejrd7,

Oliver is very cute!  🙂

@lorrainejrd7  Your Oliver is so sweet!! He has such a sweet face, I just love it. Don't you just love 'em!

My sweet little Georgie was attacked by another cat while we were guests at a house. He got an abscess and had to go to the vet today for treatment. He was so uncomfortable, poor guy.

georgeupafterlancing.jpg

I so regret not taking him to the vet the very next day. Our host told us this cat had escaped from the downstairs before and gone after their cats, but they were okay afterward. Apparently any time it got a chance, this creature would fly up the stairs and launch itself at the first animal it saw. It happened so fast, no one even witnessed it happening. And George didn't seem hurt at first, only scared and missing some orange fluff that we found on the floor. 😞

toshiba cat sauna...gets very toasty on front left cornertoshiba cat sauna...gets very toasty on front left corner

He is recuperating now and seems to be improving already. The vet gave him an antibiotic shot and lanced the wound a little. We are giving him lots of pamperings. If anything like this ever happens again to him or his sister, it will be off to the vet right away to try to head off any infection.

Oh no!!!!  I’m glad he’s being treated so well though:) @gingerleigh

@gingerleigh,

You learned a very good lesson.  We have seen that sometimes an antibiotic shot right away can prevent the abscess and illness.

Poor Georgie!  I hope that he feels better soon! 

Our Vets have left drains in the abscess in cats for some time after draining an abscess. Luckily we haven't had anything like that happen for a long time. 

We put a 6 foot fence around our yard to keep our kitties in, but we still get cat visitors in the backyard sometimes. Rarely, there is a scuffle.  This has cut down on Vet visits for cat fights a lot!

The fence is some kind of vinyl and is impossible to climb out of, unless there is something to jump from.  There is a wooden fence outside the plastic fence on two sides. That's how outsider cats get in.

Thanks for the idea about the plastic fence! That is great. All we have is this kitty cabana 

kittycabana.png

We've had it for 2 1/2 years and it's holding up really well because we take it down when not using it to keep it out of the sun. Foxy is content just to be in it, and they both enjoy it. But when George goes in too we have to add a twist tie to the zipper enclosure because he can open the zipper

@tsavorite

@gingerleigh,

That is cool and you just saved $5000!    😉

Thank you for the well wishes @tsavorite! I really wanted that abscess drained out but George would not tolerate very much touching from the doctor. We just had to put towels and blankets down everywhere, do the warm compresses, and let the drainage happen from the soft spot in the abscess that the doctor located and pierced. I didn't see that part happen but the Dr said he really hated it.

He is doing so much better now! He's back to his usual lovable self. I hope this fixes him all up, if it comes back he'll have to go back and go under anesthesia for the drain tube. 😞 

Hubby jokes that he's a punk kitty now because he has a piercing, tattoo and body mod. (Tattoo and body mod referring to when he was fixed as a kitten)

@gingerleigh,

We call our cats Pirates when they are in similar shaved, pierced, or stitched condition!  🙂  I'm so glad Georgie is doing better!

@gingerleigh  So sorry to hear about your Georgie.  Cat fights can leave really bad places.  My cat, Buddy, got out one night and got into a fight with our neighbors' cat, who had not had their shots, and got a bad abscess. Bites can cause an abscess in a very short time.  So glad you got him to the vet. Hope he's feeling better. So pretty!!

Thank you so much for the well wishes @yankeefaithful -- and so sorry to hear your Buddy went through this as well. George is doing a lot better, he seems to be rebounding from the experience. That was such a mean little cat! Nice to people but very mean to other animals.

@gingerleigh I know, it makes me so mad because the neighbors cat had not be neutered, vaccinated (which meant we had to give Buddy a booster Rabies) and he just kept coming around. I was so glad when they moved!! We were lucky because Buddy's drained on its on, but still took forever to heal.  Good luck with your sweet George. 

My son got me socks with my dog's face on them. Best birthday present EVER. I can't stop smiling!

0116181739-1.jpg

This is the greatest thing I've ever seen!!!!😍

9 Replies
testing