Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: RE: Pet Paradise

@lidovicky,

So, so cute!  She's darling!  What a character!  🙂

Re: RE: Pet Paradise

Sooooo cute!💗

I don't have any pictures on my phone, but I wanted to sh...

I don't have any pictures on my phone, but I wanted to share a story of the last days before my dog passed away. My dog was a mutt found as a puppy inside the driveway of my house after a big hurricane had passed. He lived for 16 years. When my brother bought a husky, his dog would play rough with me. Once, my brother's dog bit me playing around and my dog saw it. My dog put all his energy in barking at my brother's dog as a way of defending me. After that day, my dog stayed in front of the door of the house. Every time a member of my household would leave or arrive to the house, my dog would excort us, making sure to protect us from my brother's dog. I wanted to share my story, because out of anyone I know, no one has ever protected or defended me from another person. As human beings, we meet people who act like one would think animals should and this animal was more humane than my own friends or family. He protected me, defended me, never tried to control me, never went above me head or stabled me in the back which is more than I can say about anyone else I have ever met.

Re: I don't have any pictures on my phone, but I wanted to sh...

@Neeliay

What a special experience and friend you have had in your life!  Never to be forgotten!  

He was definitely a wonderful friend.

@Neeliay  I'm so sorry to hear of your loss!  It sounds like you had a very special dog and your story was very touching. Hugs!  ❤️

Thanks! He really was special ='(

@Neeliay I'm sorry for your loss. They have such special places in our hearts. No one else loves as purely as our fur friends do. ❤️ 

Thanks you! They really are great friends.

@Neeliay I'm sorry to hear about your your fur baby passing away.  Animals are family not pets (imo) and thank you for sharing your story.  It seems like you two were meant to find each other, he probably needed you just as much as you needed him. ❤️

Thanks, he really was family. Forever will be missed and in my heart.

Re: Pet Paradise

Wooooo! I love this thread and I love just scrolling through and seeing all these cute furries!! This is my baby Penelope! Something I don't really share about my dog is that I decided to get pet due to my depression. I was going through a really tough time and had recently decided to get off of medication for depression and anxiety. So I was looking for something to give me a purpose and kind of motivate me to leave my house. It sounds like a super selfish reason but I really wanted a little pupper to love! That is when I went to the shelter and found her as a little pup who was left abandoned. It is said that her breeder left her on the side of the road when he noticed she had a hernia around her uterus and he discovered she wouldn't be able to breed anymore poms. As soon as I brought her home, I noticed a different in the environment and the vibe! She was just so playful and sweet. It was like a ray of sunshine in my life! 

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 10.13.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 10.13.08 AM.png

@nightana,

What a lovely Penelope!  I love Poms!  🙂  What a Teddy Bear!

RE: Re: Pet Paradise

Soooo cute!!

@nightana Penelope is so cute and looks just like a teddy bear, and look at that bow! Adorable 🙂

@nightana  I don't think it's selfish at all. Good for you for rescuing a dog that needed a home. Super cute with that pink flower! Wish you both the best!

Thank you so much!

Oh my goodness @nightana!  What a super sweet story!  I'm so happy Penelope found a forever home where she is clearly loved & cared for!  Sending you both lots of virtual hugs!!  

Thank you for the love!! 

Heart  awwwwwww

brea.JPG

@ZombieMetroAnt,

My cats need beds like this right now!  🙂

testing