Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

I was trying to take a picture with my little girl Pris and she was having none of it. While I did snap a picture I wound up with more hair on my face than expected. She's such a lemon heart, but I love her!

@vegchililover78 - Great picture!  Pris is adorable (you look good too)!

@vegchililover78,  

Pris is so cute!  I love Calico's and have the pleasure of one at my house, too.  Love Pris' markings!  🙂

Ahhhh!  Dats da cutest button nose!!!!  Am I the only one who wants to poke it? 

She is too cute!

Aww Pris is so cute! 

Pet bump!

My male frog, Sprinkles, moving one of his tadpoles to a new puddle.sprinkles.jpg

yes dart frogs carry tadpoles on their backs, nature is amazing 

RE: Re: Pet Paradise

Fascinating!!!

What a cutie!

Dendrobates azureus!!!! Cute little guy!  I love his name!  What a good daddy frog!  I didn't know you kept frogs!  I used to have seven terrariums in my early 20s!   I also have a frog tattoo!  Froggies used to be a huge passion of mine!  I had to give them up when we moved across the country.  They went to live with the guy who sold them to me in the first place cause I didn't trust anyone else with them:(. 

Wow 7 terrariums, what species did you keep? @heartsmyface

Wow this is fascinating! This thread is so great! ❤️❤️❤️ Thank you @moxiepancakes for sharing!

That is so sweet! 💙  Thank you for sharing!   

What kind of setup do you have for your frogs?  I am super intrigued!  @moxiepancakes

@Tamara76 This trio lives in a fully planted bio-active  Exotera 18X18X36 inch terrarium that has had the screen top replaced with glass to keep humidity up.  My substrates consist of the standard drainage layer, covered with planting media, sphagnum moss and leaf litter. 

Plants are a mix of moss, bromides, lemon button fern, begonias and the odd orchid. 

They also have a small automated mist system to insure humidity remained over 80%. 

Once everything is set up and running and the micro fauna doing its thing they are pretty easy to care for. 

Beatrice and Battle Toad say "Feed us"

beatris.jpg

Wow!  Thanks for sharing!  This is awesome!   @moxiepancakes

Bump Bump Bump!

Bump!

I have a confession.. for a long time I would tell my boyfriend to bring me to a pet shelter.. just so I can look at all the pets. I can't adopt anymore since we're limited in space. I'd walk in with him knowing I wouldn't be able to get any of them and I try my best to comfort them but I don't really know how. My boyfriend stopped taking me there since he says it's not a zoo 😞 I guess he's right.. I wish I had acres of land and buttload rich!!  I'd adopt them all and let them run wild.

@lidovicky i did this just yesterday!

there's a shelter near our home for kittens only (called "kitten kaboodle" ...like seriously, must resist), and i waffled going into it several times yesterday. i didn't because i was afraid of what i'd take home and what i don't have the capacity to take care of in our little space. lots of land would make my world.

i brought up fostering today too...crazy cat lady here i come!

Heheh! 🙂

testing