Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

Hope your kitty feels better soon!

Awwwww - So sorry to hear your baby isn't feeling well.   I don't have experience wih this so I have no advice to give, but I am sending you guys love and happy thoughts!  Hope he feels better soon!  @myumew

Thank you @Tamara76 for your kind words 💖

Hi there @myumew! Good news is that your vet isn't wrong. The antibiotics are to prevent an infection. It's pretty important even though the issue itself isn't bacterial, an infection could make things much, much, much worse. Because the urethra is open to germs, we want to keep kitty safe. Painkillers I'm sure you understand. Did you get an x-ray done of kitty? If it's idiopathic cystitis - it's generally quite manageable. Did the vet switch foods and encourage you to increase the water intake for kitty? If it's an Urethral Obstruction, I'm assuming that she's hoping that it will pass instead of having to do surgery, which is costly. 

I would suggest upping the water intake. Switching to wet food, providing clean fresh water, adding flavor to the water to encourage drinking. 

If the vet did not do an x-ray I would return to request one as it should let them know if it's a blockage or an issue with the bladder ( commonly found with idiopathic cystitis). Also a urine culture should be done (urine can be extracted with a needle) and given IV fluids. 

I would absolutely in no way go with a home remedy as you can make the situation worse. I would absolutely advocate for additional diagnosis for kitty. 

Neither one of these are fatal with proper care. Surgery may be required if there is a blockage that kitty can not pass. These things should be seen in an x-ray. 

Hope this helps! 

@ZombieMetroAnt thanks for the tag! I'm always happy to help when I can ❤️ 

Thank you so much @themusefactory 😭😭😭 and @ZombieMetroAnt for tagging her. I feel a lot better that the treatment makes more sense to me now. Fortunately he started urinating more than just the few drops after the vet visit. 😭 Literally tears of happiness lol

Thanks for the sound advice @themusefactory Heart 

Oh no @myumew!  I'm so sorry to hear that Cat Sad I'm only here for moral support because I don't have any suggestions.  I hope he gets better real quick and that he doesn't have a negative reaction to the Rx Heart Sending you lots of love and good vibes.

@themusefactory, has this ever happened to your babies? 

I took a photo of her while she was having fun in her mini garden IMG_5778.JPG

She is such a cutieeeee!!!

OMG!  So cute!  @lidovicky

@lidovickyShe looks like a little jungle explorer in her mini garden. I can't get over her sweet little face!

I have been loooooving this thread! All your pets are so adorable! 

I have been wanting a dog for a while now, and I am finally getting a puppy this week! I just cannot wait to bring her home. Her name is Misha ❤️

Little Misha

Spoiler
She has her own instagram page, if you'd like to see more photos: mishathefluffycorgi
If your pet has an instagram, too, pleaseee share. I loveee animals, so I would love to follow for daily pictures 🙂

@annahoang:  Your picture of Misha pulled me into this thread!  She has the sweetest face -- what an adorable addition to your family!

Thanks so much! We r soo excited!!

@annahoang - Misha is absolutely adorable!  Enjoy pet parenthood!

@Titian06 thank you!! ❤️

Squeeee!!  So cute!  That little darling face, give her a kiss for me!

@prettyinpa thank you!!! ❤️ I just did! 😘 We just got her home yesterday.

pupps.jpg

Willow.jpg

These are my furry children. All but one came from rescues. Yeah, we have 6! We also have a chinchilla and a cat!

Anonymous Insider

thats a lot of dogs lol.I had one rescue dog  he was a great dog from the SPCA but they lied about his age the dog ended up being older and they said it was a puppy but yeah he was  a really good dog its  ashame we didnt have him for very long.He died maybe within 2 yrs.It was a cute mix too.He was trained and everything when we bought him.

Anonymous Insider

My dogs going in a kiddie swimming pool today because its 90 degrees outside.I'am going to throw balls from his ball pit in there in the water and hes going to go insane lol.

Image result for golden retriever in ball pit

This looks like my dog 

Image result for golden retriever in swimming pool

1 Reply
testing