Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

Re: Pet Paradise

oh thats not my dog lol I do have a golden retriver though an english cream golden retriver .The rare color its like a white to a  white platinum  blonde color lol.Hes getting bigger though.Hes a little bit blonde but hes pretty light in color compared to this goldens picture above.

Its not like I'am having a big birthday party for him but I do wanna celebrate lol.Maybe get him a cake.I dont have any children so yeah its like my child my puppy.

I thought he seemed a little big for four months!  😄

Anonymous Insider

Oh my dogs 44 pounds last time we took him to the vet he might be a lil bit bigger now maybe .He is supposed to be 80 pounds full grown according to the vet.I dont know if thats large or normal for a golden but I dont feed him any people food.Just his pet food and dog treats.Hes not fat though lol.Everyone jokes that hes Cujo the killer dog in the steven king movie.He is a loud breather though he snores at night I think thats just because hes soo big lol. 

I took him for a walk one time and apparently my neighbor had a  kfc fried chicken bone on his front yard like what the who eats fried chicken on their front lawn  ..... my puppy ate it whole.I guess its okay its been a month since then lol.

Hi, friends...I need some support right now.  My four-legged baby Isabella is very ill.  All tests point to lymphoma/leukemia (I don't know what the difference is.  Over the past few days, it has become apparent it is in her intestines.  She has been doing pretty well for her condition, but today is very challenging.

From earlier this year to now she has gone from 10 lbs to 5 lbs.  She is skin and bones and lots of fur (she's long haired) with her big poofy tail.  She's been quite perky and seemed to be responding well to her various meds.

Today, though (I won't go into the gory details), she had litter box issues in which she was mewing terribly.  Now she's listless and mews intermittently.  It's breaking my heart that she can change from perky to so listless that quickly.

I left a message for the vet.  Ironically, when he called earlier today, she was doing fine.  That's how fast she changed.  I don't know if it's the internal issue, one of the new meds (he changed one med and put her on two new meds yesterday) or a combination of both.

This is exactly what I don't want her to go through!  This is no quality of life for her!  I hate seeing her suffer like this when she was feeling OK yesterday and even this morning.

Thanks for reading.

Anonymous Insider

My two sisters terriers she had to put them both down last year .It was really hard for her those dogs were her children.As we all know not all women can have children for various life  circumstances and reasons / issues.So they were her kids like literally they meant the world to her.Her and her husband loved those two dogs.She actually bought the one dog after my one brother died so it was like a comfort level thing to her having the dog there with her at all times.The other dog was bought as a playmate / friend for the other dog she had.But long story short she had to put the dogs down because they were not living a good quality of life anymore they were really sick.It is really sad and it takes a long time to get over it.She bought two puppies not long after it happened she maybe gave it two months before getting them.

It may be best if the dog is put down though , I mean I know its more selfish to keep them around just because we feel better that way.But the dog is in pain and suffering so thats why its better for them.

@Titian06 i'm so sorry for your loss 😞 it's never easy to loose a pet especially when it comes on suddenly. the cat i grew up with passed without much warning as well. she was fine one day and then the next her body was failing her. i hope you find some peace in knowing Isabella is no longer suffering. i wish you the best during this time. all of us are here for you!

@Titian06I am so so sorry : ( this is the worst, pets are family members and there is nothing worse than seeing a family member or friend suffer. 

@Titian06, I'm late in responding to your post but I'm sorry about your losing Isabella. The way that you comforted her as she left this world was undoubtedly very touching and loving for her as well as for you and Ivan. I'm sure that she knows that she was greatly loved and will be missed.

Definitely, Rainbow Bridge is a place to look forward to seeing to reunite with our animal friends. I hope it'll be as enjoyable for you as it will be for me.

Hugs to you and Isabella. So sorry to hear this news. If you do decide it's time to let her go I recommend at-home euthanasia. My ex and I did it for our dog and it, this will sound odd, was a kind of beautiful experience. No scary noises or strange places. Just people our little baby loved while we played soft music and gave him a peaceful, beautiful goodbye. I hope you all pull this. Sending you lots of love and support. 

Thank you everyone!

Isabella passed away this morning.  Ivan, her half litter mate and companion for 11 years, and I were by her side.

I can't believe 11 years went by just like that.  She was never a lap kitty except occasionally on her terms.  Isabella was very independent (which is why I love cats).  She was the queen of our home.  I don't know how we'll get by without our queen.

Isabella will be cremated.  I sent an e-mail to the pet cemetery to find out if they will be open tomorrow.

@PaletteAdict99 @gonerogue @Milou07 @ZombieMetroAnt @tsavorite @starsandbucks

Edit:  In the group of photos in the upper right of this thread, Isabella is the first one--the upper-left photo.  The one to the right of that is a photo of Isabella and Ivan.

@Titian06

I am so sorry for you loss. It sounds like Isabella had a wonderful life surrounded by love. I know her spirit and presence will live in the lives of all she touched. 

@Titian06  I am really sorry for your loss. I know how difficult it is. Big hugs to you! Heart

@Titian06  i am so sorry for your loss! losing a pet is always hard, especially one that has been with you for so long! i hope you can find solace in all the wonderful years you shared together, and the fact she's no longer in pain and is a peace ❤️

@Titian06 - I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure Isabella was a very lucky kitty to spend her life with (or ruling over) you and Ivan.   Heart 

As you are considering cremation, I just want to suggest asking if they can do a paw print for you.  We've done that with our dogs who have passed, and they are a great comfort.  We plant a tree for each of our pets when they pass, and we put the little paw print stone by that tree, along with their tags.  

Thank you for the suggestion @Milou07.  I live in a condo, so planting a tree (even planting flowers) won't work.  In the past, I've bought a ring in the cat's birthstone.

@Titian06  I just saw your post!  I'm so sorry for your loss!  It's so hard to lose a part of your family, furry or otherwise.  It's important to allow yourself time to grieve, and don't let anyone make you feel like you're being 'silly' for 'still being upset over her death'.  Everyone grieves differently and for their own amount of time.  Your kitty was your friend and family.  You're not alone.  I've had to say goodbye to my kitty too.  You can message me if you need to talk.

@Titian06,

Your love for Isabella will always be a bond between you.  How lucky you were to have had each other in your lives.  What a sweet kitty!   Luckily, you have Ivan, and he needs you.  I pray that you will be comforted.  With all the good times that we receive from our beloved kitties, there is also this sad time.  Remember the good times!  My heart really feels for you.  

@Titian06 I'm just so sorry to hear the news. The pain of losing a beloved pet is like no other. Lots of love to you and your family. 

@Titian06 So sorry for your loss but glad that you could be there for and comfort her while she passed peacefully. Hugs!

@Titian06 I'm so sorry for your loss. Fur babies are so special. No doubt you gave Isabella a wonderful, love filled life.  

Oh @Titian06 I am so very sorry for your loss. It's not easy I know. But take comfort that she is no longer suffering and was with the ones she loved when she had to leave. 

I had to put my beloved Lucy down almost three years ago and there's not a day that goes by that I don't think of her. I know Isabella will be the same for you. Again, my thoughts are with you.

1 Reply
testing