Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

Thank you, @jozkid!  I was looking in her eyes.  Isabella was no longer in pain shortly before she left.  She let out a few sigh-like breaths.  Isabella was gone before her heart stopped beating.  I could tell from the look (or lack there of) in her eyes.  She left in peace.  That's all I can ask for.

I will always remember her.  I still think about Titian and she died 12 years ago.  Arley died a lot longer ago than that and he pops in my mind from time to time too.  My cats are my children--how can I forget them?

@Titian06 - we never forget our children, and our babies don't forget us. I'm a big believer in that. Isabella went to the Rainbow Bridge surrounded by those that she loved - and I know she knew you both were there at the end to see her go to Heaven. I'm so very sorry for your loss - words are insufficient at this moment. ((((((hugs))))))

@niki172 - Thank you for reminding me of the Rainbow Bridge (or maybe not, since I started crying all over again!).  When I had my previous two cats cremated, the pet cemetery gave me a copy of the poem.  That was the first time I'd heard of it.  It's comforting and a tear-jerker at the same time.

@Titian06,

My heart goes out to you and Isabella.  I am so sorry for what you both are going through.  There should be some emergency number for your veterinary office,  someone on call, or a suggestion for somewhere that you can take your pet in an emergency.  Emergency Vet care can be very expensive, I will warn you, just so it's not a nasty surprise.  I have cats, and this year I lost two of my best friend kitties,  one to old age, and one to  illness.  It sounds like you need very good advice about what to do now and what to do next, and even whether you should continue giving those meds.

I'll be praying for you and Isabella.  ❤️

Oh no @Titian06 Heart so so sorry to hear about Isabella Cat Sad  Please keep us posted on her progress and in the interim we'll keep praying for her speedy recovery.  

@Titian06 - I am so sorry you and Isabella are going through this! 😞  There is nothing worse than the feeling of complete helplessness when a pet is ill or hurting.  I hope the vet is able to get back to you and provide you both with some relief soon - I'll be thinking positive thoughts for both of you.   Heart 

@Titian06 Sorry to see that you are going through tough times right now. I had a cat who was diagnosed with leukemia when he was roughly 5 years old and we had no choice but to put him down because he was in so much pain. He spent all day in one spot beside the couch and while he didn't meow, he did not move from that spot for a good two days. He refused to eat or drink water and would use the bathroom in that same spot. It sounds like your baby is in better condition, though, so I will send you good vibes in hopes that she gets better and hopefully your vet can give you some options. Best wishes!

Oh I'm so sorry @Titian06 . I don't know anything about medical conditions but I do know it is so heartbreaking and deviststimg when your best little furry friend is suffering. I'll keep you and Isabella in my thoughts and prayers ❤️ sending you lots of Hugs

So I figured I would add to the thread of cuteness.

This one here is Zelda:

IMAG8809.jpg

She seems to understand that when I start pointing the flat rectangle at her that makes clicking sounds, that she needs to look extra cute.

She's an opinionated, cranky, 14 year old lady.  She lets me know if I'm listening to music she hates and shares her opinions on my perfume selection.  She came to my home when she was 2 after being taken from an abusive family.  She is so much more happy and confident than she was 12 years ago.  And yes, she is just as soft as she feels.

This is Zergling:

IMAG8764.jpg

This picture was taken on the day I had to put him to sleep.  😞  He was suffering from double kidney failure and at that point we were giving him fluids subcutaneously via IV, which he hated.  It was a very hard choice, but he was suffering so much that I felt it was the kindest thing I could do for him.

He always LOVED the Sephora boxes and I used to joke that he was my GWP.  He was very intelligent.  He used to try to open the doors by reaching up and batting at the door knobs.  If I'd had latch handles, nothing would have been safe!

@ghrelin,

I love the photos of both of your kitties. Zelda and Zergling  both are so cute!  I can so relate to the "cat in the box" photo!

I had to have my 17 year old cat put to sleep just after Thanksgiving,and I agree that it's a hard choice, but  sometimes relieving their suffering is the best that we can do for our furry friends.  I still hate not having him here, though.  

@tsavorite  Thank you.  

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. 😞  Yeah it is really so hard to let go even when it's to stop them from suffering.  I think time helps, but even now, a year and a half later, I still miss him and it doesn't feel real that he's gone.  My heart goes out to you for your loss.

such sweet kitties!! so sorry to hear about Zergling 😞 loosing an animal is tough. glad to see Zelda got a good home and gets lots of love!

@samls324  Thanks!   Yes, he was a good cat.  It was hard to let him go.  Zelda is such a spoiled old lady!  

Oh goodness @ghrelin Zelda is so adorable - I love her pawsome picture! Cat Happy I'm sorry to hear about Zergling Cat Sad that was a difficult decision but as his mommy, you did the right thing.  Heart  Thanks for sharing your adorable babies with us!!

@ZombieMetroAnt  I wish I was as photogenic as Zelda!  She really does start posing when I snap pictures of her.  It's so adorable.

Yes... it was difficult.  But he was so ill that I was worried he would pass away alone while I was out of the house.  He would cry at me to pick him up and hold him and I'd walk back and forth in the living room, rubbing his back and singing to him.  If I stopped he would cry again.  It was heartbreaking.

I opted to pay extra to have him put to sleep at home so he wouldn't be anxious in his last moments and so that Zelda could sniff him and know that he's passed away so she wouldn't look for him after he was gone.

Oh my goodness!  You are such an amazing mom Heart @ghrelin  Heart  what a sweet story - please don't be a stranger and share as many pics as you'd like of lady Zelda and your heavenly boy, Zergling!

Sending you lots of virtual hugs!!  

@ZombieMetroAnt  Thanks 🙂  I really appreciate it.  

My little Pumpkin doing her best hyena impression today. 

IMG_3821.JPG

She is sooooo cute!

This is Rowdy. He's my long-haired dachshund!976928_4843547771556_960754210_o.jpg

He's so cute!  I bet those eyes get him a lot of treats, he looks like "Hey Mom, got any more of those yummy snacks?"

testing