Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

Your cats are so adorable @properlylost and those names! So handsome!

Image result for Mass effect gif

Thank you! It always makes me happy when someone gets where the names are from too! ❤️

@properlylost Adorable cats and their names are so unique! I wish that I wasn't allergic to cats because some cats are really chill. I especially have a soft spot for black cats. 

@properlylost - aww, what cuties!!!  Garrus has striking eyes, wow!  And Javik (cool names!), looks like such a sweetheart!! 🙂

@properlylost your cats are so cute, but I really love their names! 

so cute!!

Adorable!!! ❤️

@properlylost, Your kitties are both so beautiful and these photos show off the texture of their fur so well!

Snuggly cats are the best!   🙂

Such sweet kitties! ❤️ 

What cuties!!! I love snuggly cats, they're my favorite kind of cats.

XOXO,
Marieke

My spoiled little guy. Love him!!image.jpg

He's very handsome @melash Heart  What's your boy's name?

Anonymous Insider

I was buying a white golden retriver the english cream kind I needed some help with picking out names ones I thought of soo far ...

1. white chocolate - my fav so far

2. waffles - my dogs not going to be blonde though

3. coconut

4 . french vanilla

5. vanilla bean

6. Donut - second fav

7. powdered sugar

8. Buttercream

9. Butter

10. Biscuit

11. sweet cream

12. marshmallow

13. Buttermilk

14. Frosty

15. Twinkie

16. Munchkin - my dog will be big though so its kinda funny sort of .... 

17. Alaska 

18. Bear Claw

19 . Polar Bear

20. Blizzard

I like dessert / food names lol if that helps.

This is what my dog will look like pure white

Image result for english cream golden retriever

I love Waffles too! I am getting a dog in a couple of months, too, and Waffles was also one of the names we considered. Sugar as tsavorite suggested sounds sooo sweet too 😄

Anonymous Insider

Yeah it all depends on what color of dog I'am getting but the name waffles was for the light colored blonde puppy and someone bought the dog before I got a chance to buy her this was last yr lol and I literally cried I was soo upset.But I still like the name I picked out but I want a boy dog over a female dog so I guess it worked out better that way.

@Anonymous,  

My friend named her white dog "Sugar," and I hadn't ever heard that as a name for a dog.  I like the name and it would fit the disposition of a Golden.   I like the name "Waffles,"  too.   🙂

Anonymous Insider

Yeah the only reason I would never name my dog sugar is because I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in my early 20s when I was taken to the emergency room I was 80 pounds  at 5'8 and everyone thought I was anorexic lol. But yeah I have to monitor my blood sugar and give myself insulin injections and its constant you never get a  break from diabetes it revolves around everything you eat or dont eat.I have went unconcious before and had bad low blood sugars in the past thats just something that everyone with type 1 has issues with though.I can die from the disease so I have to constantly keep an eye on it everyday.

A lot of people dont understand type 1 diabetes they think I have type 2 diabetes they get the two confused with each other.They dont think its a serious condition and it is.People who I have worked with previously when I had low blood sugars they would make fun of me for almost going into a coma lol literally they dont understand how serious it really is.I have had people talk about me behind my back at that work place and say how does she not feel it happening ? well  the lady was a complete  you know what for talking  smack about someone with a disease  but the answer  is Because I go unconcious and I have no memory of really low blood sugars people need to give me sugar when it happens or I could die.It is unforunate how incredibly uneducated some people are about type 1 diabetes.But I feel better knowing her husband cheated on her and her marriage is a sham and well you get the idea thats karma for ya lmao.

But yeah I wouldnt name my dog sugar for that reason lol .I hate when people ask me about my blood sugar or ask me if I need some sugar or sugar this or sugar that .

Anonymous Insider

So I talked to the breeder today apparently other people have looked at the dog but no one is buying him hes scared / shy / timid hes like a more laid back puppy.He doesnt come up to people he kind of keeps to himself and kinda doesnt do much I guess which sounds perfect to me  lol.He doesnt bark which is a plus.The breeder even said oh we can talk down the price and the price was already cheap / affordable compared to most goldens that color lol so I was like uh why is he trying to get rid of this dog so badly and why is no one interested in buying him ? so that worries me.The dogs not ugly hes a very good looking puppy so I would think maybe his personalitys just not outgoing enough for people or maybe hes not overly friendly where the puppy gets excited as you enter the room kind of thing.I'am going to see the puppy so idk whats going to happen.A good dog for me is more laid back / quiet / calm.I dont really like puppies who are crazy with energy or overly needy lol.

The other puppies in the litter are all gone and they were 1800 dollars and the price is marked down dramatically for the puppy I'am looking at which is the last one left in the litter so its a really good price for the dog specifically.

I think waffles would be a really cute name! 

XOXO,
Marieke
Anonymous Insider

Yeah I liked the name waffles a lot .I was originally planning on getting a light blonde golden retriver so it would of made more sense lol.Whether I got a boy or a girl I still wanted the name to be waffles.

I'am calling tomorrow about an english cream golden retriver and normally they are very expensive . I found one for a reasonable price.Its a boy but he is not akc registered it said he can be registered though.Thats probably why he is so much cheaper in price compared to most.I like the way he looks but I have to see how his personality is and what hes like plus if hes still available its like an hour drive to get to the breeders house and I work all week.I would have to set up a time to meet them and everything.Plus I want to make sure he is in fact a golden and see the dogs parents the mother and father.Sometimes breeders try and scam you and they sell you a mixed breed instead of a purebred so that worrys me.

SO idk if I'am getting an english cream or an american golden retriver which is the blonde color.I originally was planning on getting one from a kennel but the owner said he wont have them in until late summer / early fall which means I would be waiting like 9 months for the dog like a pregnancy lol and I'am kind of tired of waiting.So well see what happens I know he was going to charge me over a thousand for the puppies he had there at the kennel.The dog I 'am calling about is a lot less expensive but the english creams are a rare color so a lot of times they do charge thousands of dollars for their dogs so I would be getting a deal / saving a ton of money.

It all depends on the breeder though and if the dog personality would work for me.I like laid back / easy going dogs not dominate or agressive.I dont even like dogs that bark that much and goldens dont really bark.

Anonymous Insider

I cant wait to get my golden !!!! i'am so anxious I look every single day to see if the puppies are in I'am sooo tired of waiting for my puppy.I'am so excited.

I wanna do this have a kiddie swimming pool and make a ball pit it said they love it !

Image result for golden retriever puppy in ball pit

1 Reply
testing