Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

Aaahhhh what a cutie patoot! My dog has to be with me at all times but doesn't seem overly into actually sitting in my lap or falling asleep on me. She wants to be NEXT to me. So I don't get to cradle her like a baby, darn it. And the cats just like to camp out on my head. 😕

Awwwwww - That is so sweet!   My dogs don't let me hold them - they like hugs and resting their head in my lap,  but the minute I try to pick them up, they do whatever they can to wiggle out of my arms.  Granted, they are a lot bigger than your baby. 

❤️❤️❤️   @liv545

He really is the absolute best. My idea of heavenIMG_2854.JPG is a room filled with makeup and pugs. Terters resisted being held when he was a baby but now he kinda swan dives backwards into my arms. 

@liv545,

This is the cutest ever!  I think that you are so lucky to have such a sweet dog!  🙂

I consider myself most fortunate!!! For sure. 

@tsavorite Thank you! I consider myself very very fortunate to have him. He is really the best dog.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

This looks all too familiar! lol my child does not require to be held to fall asleep but I do find that most nights he does come to me when I get in bed so that I can hug him to sleep. Some days he is clingier than others, just depends on his moods! I don't mind either way 😉

IMG_2663.JPG

what a cutie!  @gonerogue

@Tamara76 Thank you! He's my 15 year old baby 😋

Hellooooooo

Just thought I'd give an update on my baby-Coal's status for those that might have been curious..

(see previous post about his cancer diagnosis)

So far he is holding strong. He is on prednisone and antibiotic therapy but I elected not to put him on chemo. So far he is actually gaining weight - just found out he put on a full pound of pudge since he started therapy. Very alert and coat very sleek.

He is such a smart cookie that I have to have my husband be the one to hold him for me to give him medicines because he associates the person who holds him with 'bad things' and runs crying from them, and I don't want to lose his cuddles while he is still here so I let hubbs be the 'evil one'. We tell Coal that the medication is "Anti-Papa Medicine that will keep the icky Papa away for 12 hours at a time" We even upgraded to the tuna flavored option, but still not good enough for our snooty-cat. 

Speaking of being bad and smart.. right now Coal is helping himself to some Whiskas crunchy treats. He knows that he has to pull up the opposite end to get the treats to pour out. Bad cats.

Thanks everyone for all the support!!

I'm so glad to hear this update! Sending hugs to you and Coal!

@Insomniacmuffin

I have wondered how Coal is doing! Thanks for the update!  Sweet kitty.  I'm so glad that you still have him to pamper.  Enjoy every minute.  We all need to realize how precious our time with our furry little friends is and how much they give us. 

@Insomniacmuffin.  Hugs to you and Coal and the hubby!   I am glad to hear he is stable for now and that he gained some weight.  Just keep loving him and enjoy the good times you have.   

I'm so sorry I missed your original post. That's a tough decision to make. I'm glad your baby is doing well right now. 🙂 I had a dog who became who became very ill and we thought we were going to lose him (I even had a talk with him and told him it was ok to let go - gah! I feel like crying all over again!) and we put him on prednisone as a last ditch effort and it was amazing the overnight recovery he made! It saved his life and was a miracle medication for him. I'll never forget it. I'm glad your baby is responding well. Hugs to the whole family. 

I need puppy help!! does anyone have any grain-free puppy foods they recommend? I am looking into Orijen Puppy food.

Also how long does a bag last you? My puppy will be approx 7 pounds when we get him! 

Anonymous Insider

@shirleylin88

Hello! 

You are right about Acana and Orijen being the same company. I've been using their products a very long time and stayed with the combination through their plant transition from Canada to the states. I have 3 boxers, two of which are under the age 1. I rotate Orijen puppy, Acana and Zignature zssentials. I buy the large bags and rotate each meal a different food. My youngest is a show pup but we keep them all on the same food and diet.

After 12 weeks I started giving them a little can of whole sardines in olive oil once a week for added healthy fats and the girls get a small diced up tomato with theirs to help with acidic balance and not kill my lawn. They get absolutely no grain or any table food. My pups eat 3-4 cups a day at 6 and 8 mths old and my 2 year old only eats 2. My oldest dog is a cavalier King Charles spaniel and he eats 1 cup a day. The thing to look for especially on dog food advisor is what suits your specific breed. Costco and some brands are 4-5 star rating but for my specific breed I need a higher protein content. The high protein in Orijen might make some dogs have loose stools because it's too much for that breed or dog. It's trial and error but I hope that helps.

My pups also run 4/5 times a week when we hike usually around 6-9 miles at a time. I have an active breed though but that varies their food consumption. What breed are you getting? 

Congrats on the puppy!

Hi @Anonymous thank you so much for the extensive review and information!

we are getting a mini labradoodle in a few weeks and want to be prepared. Ideally I would like to wean off of the costco brand as I'm not entirely sure if it's grain free and I definitely want to stick to everything grain free. 

I read from other doodle owners that the fromme puppy was also good, we ended up getting 5lb bags of the orijen and fromme as I too have heard the orijen has high protein and could result in loose stool. I'm not worried about the gaining weight part as my boyfriend is a daily runner so our pup will have opportunities to be pretty active on his daily runs if necessary. 

He he will be 20-25 pounds fully grown but as the breed ages they are prone to hip dysplasia. Do you have any tips on weaning your dog to new food or have your pups have no issues transitioning between the 3 foods? Also I was also recommended to put coconut oil, I still have to research this though. 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

This is my baby. She on her way to a 70 pound adult;)

IMG_2984.JPG

Soooo sweet! Want to pet her smooshy muzzle!

OMG!  She is soooo cute!  @Anonymous 💗

4 Replies
testing