Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

Same!  My baby brother volunteers at a local shelter every weekend and he and some of my friends always try to get me to volunteer with them, but I would be too sad that I couldn't take home all the animals!  

Somehow, animals in need of homes always seem to find us so we don't even need to go to the shelter to adopt them.  I can't turn away any kids or animals who show up at my door.... 💗

That's definitely been my experience too - in fact, that's how we ended up with three dogs at one point!  Our neighbor literally showed up at our door saying that she couldn't take care of her dog (moving to an apartment that wouldn't take dogs, long work hours), and asked if we would take him.  No way I could say no to that!  💕

@Milou07 and @Tamara76 i have been fostering/volunteering for years, and somehow i've only kept one foster dog! but i think that's largely in part to the fact that i foster primarily puppies, and i'm so ready for them to get adopted when it's finally time! they are exhausting 😛

i've been VERY tempted to keep several over the years though, it's SO hard to let them go sometimes.

@unfungirl Just when I thought you couldn't get any more awesome.....  That is very cool that you volunteer so much of your time!

I totally know what you mean about it being hard to let go - I get attached to dogs super fast. 😞

I also know what you mean about puppies being exhausting!  

Most of the dogs in my life came to me as adults, so when I took in my dog Boots when she was 6 weeks old, I was surprised to find how similar little puppies are to human babies!   I would get up with her every night to take her outside and I'd come home every day at lunch to take her out and feed her!  But it was worth it! ❤️

@Tamara76 Thank you! You are too sweet! 😍 I haven't been as active this past year due to my crazy school workload, and I definitely miss it! Both of my older dogs were around a year old when I adopted them, but my youngest  was from a litter of puppies that I fostered. She was very sick and underweight and I had her for about two months before she was healthy enough for adoption, and by that time I can't let her go because I have been nursing her back to health and we had this incredible bond.   She was a complete terror and still has her naughty moments, but she will always be my baby ❤️ So I completely understand how you feel about Boots! Puppies are SO much like babies!!

Heart

1.JPG

Aww so adorable, nothing better than puppy hugs. My brother taught my parent's dog how to give hugs and signal to do so.

Yaaaasssss!!!  I saw her on GMA this morning!  I want a puppy hug! ❤️🐕❤️

HeartHeartHeartHeart

1.JPG

EEK!!   SO CUTE!!!  Heart

Spoiler
2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

I love this so much. Military dogs and police dogs are always so sweet with their handlers. If I were a cop, I'd make it a requirement I have a K-9 with me. 

I love this!  Especially the pic of the dog sitting on his lap while he tries to work!  My youngest dog used to do that when I'd work from home. ❤️

dog.JPG

Wasn't there a pet product awhile back where it was some sort of jewel that covered the... offending orifice.. from view?

That's so bizarre!  Of course, who would ask a groomer to clip a heart onto a dog's behind.....

E4F171C2-FF91-4DB6-A617-F381FA0E3DEF.jpg

My first cat—Paul! She lives with my parents and sister back home. Paul and my other cat (who lives with me) still can't seem to get along every time they see each other 😞

@myumew,

Paul is such a striking Tabby! Her fur is so dark, with the contrasting white, and her gorgeous green eyes!  Beautiful kitty!  🙂

omg omg shes GORGEOUS, ive never seen a cat that looked like this, her beautiful green eyes framed by that dark grey fur is amazing

IMG_8662.JPGJust wanted to share my two guardians, Gracie and Boots,  who have been standing watch while I recover from my ankle surgery.  💗💗💗

OMG!! Look at their eyes!! Full of love and worries!!! It reminds me so much of my dog...(I can't bring him with me as he is too old for longtime flight)...sigh

Hope you would get better soon!!! @Tamara76 

Thank you @Sodayui!   I am so sorry to hear you can't have your puppy with you, too! 😥 They really make everything better!

@Tamara76 They do make life brighter!!

My "puppy" is approaching 15 this year so I could not take him with me... But I think my parents will take good care of him and I almost facetime with him everyday~~lol 

2 Replies
testing