Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

@ZombieMetroAnt.. Oh my gosh.. so true! Max has a winter coat and a summer coat. When that winter coat comes off in the spring you better watch out! The fur literally goes flying! Literally!!! (You can literally see it in the air. LOL 🙂 )

So true!!!

@ZombieMetroAnt,   Yes!  This!  😉

I was going through old wedding photos and when I saw this I knew I immediately had to share this with the Pet Paradise thread.

The story goes at the time I was getting married, the trend was for people get to their own likeness as bobbleheads or caricatures for the top of their cake. Well I looked from company for the right one until I found a company that actually not only made you and your future spouse, but would also build a lifelike replica of your pet!!! How cool was this! 

So I literally sent in pics of my husband, myself, my wedding dress, and my beloved Max the Cat. And this is what they came up with:

image-4530.jpeg

(note the small cake.. it was a small wedding 🙂 ) Anyways, the cake topper is now a keepsake that we display as a beloved treasure. It not only commemorates our wedding, but it shows our lovely family!

@willa25, If I get a cat or dog sometime before I'm married I have to do this! It's so cute! 

XOXO,
Marieke

I was just coming to say "hey that bride cake topper kinda looks like you!" without reading the whole explanation. That's so cool I wish I'd had one of those for my wedding. I had fresh flowers on mine - boring!

@willa25, This is priceless!  🙂

Anonymous Insider

That is so cute. We didn't have a wedding cake when my husband and I got married. But if we someday renew our vows or on a wedding anniversary day, then I would love to get a cake with our cats on it. Time to google wedding cakes with pets on them 😄

That is a beautiful cake topper and a sweet story!   💗🐱💗

For some reason whenever I think of this thread I always think "Whats going on in the Pet PARADE thread"

anyway, I have been struggling with my soul-kitty's health over the last 2 months, had some asthma, then some teeth issues. Found out Thursday that he has late stage intestinal cancer and not very long left together. 

Pretty devastated - he is my world. I alternate between being thankful for the years we've had together, the time we have left.. and bawling my face off. 

Who will give me kisses to wake me up to go to work? Who will make sure I'm not looking at anything too interesting on the computer by blocking the computer monitor? My heart hurts so bad.

Spoiler
This is Coal
my nugget..
my lump..
my rotten..
my baby..

Coal.jpg

Edit: I bawled when I wrote this, which is why is it so vague and short.. but I'd love to share the story of how my Baby-Coal and I met..

Spoiler
About 8 years ago I was volunteering at a privately-run no-kill cat shelter. During that time, my Kitty-Baby Fuji passed away unexpectedly. I was oddly numb and withdrawn, thinking I'd never wanted to have another cat and experience that loss again. I stopped going to the shelter. We had another cat, who was my husband's best friend, and he became lonely, so my husband said 'let's get another cat, i'll pick him if you don't want to' and so we went to the shelter again.

There were several trailers on the property of kitty groups, and we went through a couple. I remained disinterested in the process and told hubby to choose. He kept dragging me through the trailers and having me look at every cat.

We got to the 2nd to last trailer and walked through the door, and all of sudden there was this screeching MEEEEEEEOOOOOWWWRRR and this black cat flung itself at me as I walked in the door, almost threw me off balance and grabbing me with his claws. Hubby tried to get him off but each time he got him off  the kitty just jumped up on to me and 'clawed in' to prevent being pried off. Purred like a motor. I was still pretty numb, Hubby said "let's take this one, since he wont come off" so we did. Since I was known there, we left with the kitty immediately.

On the way home we were driving and hubby says "let's name him Midnight, since his fur is black" and for some reason I said "no- his name is Coal"

When we got home he scrambled out of the cage and would not let me out of his sight - not even to use the bathroom! If I closed a door he HOWLED. The only place he was happy was in my arms with his face pressed into my neck. Couldn't give a F either way for hubby.

Coal and I were/are inseparable. We read books in bed together, watch youtube on the computer together. We play hide'n'seek together.. he loves it when I give him kisses on his cheeks and ears and will head-butt me for more.

I had to go across country for a week of training and missed Coal more than hubby. I've never gone on vacation or left overnight, except for that training, in 8 years because I don't want to be away from my baby-nugget.

I have been to the doctor twice to have cat hair removed from my ear canal because Coal wants to sleep on my ear/face.

When I come home he knows it's me when I'm two condo's away in the hallway and runs to the door crying. He talks to me all day and gives me all his kitty blink-kisses. When I'm watching tv he wants to be cradled like a baby and rocked, kneading his paws in the air while he falls asleep.

How did we figure out it was cancer?
I've driven my vet crazy over the years because I know every hair on my Coal's body. I know his moods like they are my own, and am very sensitive to when he's not feeling well. I've pushed my vet for testing that he wasn't sure on so many times because the 'signs' were unclear because I catch the change in him so early. Sadly, this time I was not early enough. Coal had been diagnosed with Asthma a year ago, and was taking meds daily for it, then he had mouth sores in his molars that were not responding to treatment and had to have his molars removed. This didn't help like hoped and mouth sores remained. Vet thought it was a food allergy, so Coal went on a raw diet to eliminate possible allergens. A few months go by - Then Coal stopped eating. Looking back, the respiratory issue, mouth sores, etc. are all inked back to the cancer.. but it wasn't until it progressed to the anorexia stage that we even thought to do an ultrasound and start suspecting cancer. The only good thing was that the medication for the asthma is actually the same as for the cancer, just that the dose was very low before (prednisone) so that may have bought me some extra time with him that I didn't know I was getting.

Love my baby.

@Insomniacmuffin-  What a touching story. I'm so sorry that your beloved Coal has cancer, it must be so hard for you. Thanks for sharing.

so sorry to hear about Coal. 😞

Love and hugs!! What a sweet story, thanks for sharing it with us ❤️ 

@Insomniacmuffin,

After reading your story about Coal, I'm sitting here petting a kitty-friend and crying.  I know what you are going through, too.  In the last 2 months, my 17 year old kitty was euthanized, and two weeks later, my 10 year old kitty died unexpectedly from asthma complications.  They were my world and my husband's world, too.  You and Coal are in my thoughts and prayers.  The love that you have for each other is important and that love will never go away.  I think that you will be together again someday.

I, too am so sorry that you are going through this. My kitty is getting up there in age, and I dread the day her health starts to fail. It is such a special bond we share with our pets that when we can't keep them safe and well, it's just heartbreaking. My thoughts and love are with you and Coal.

I am so sorry to hear about your beloved kitty's cancer. We lost our 16 year old dog to a brain tumor a few months ago, so I understand the heartbreak.  It was so hard to see her in pain, but we gave her all the love in our hearts and did everything we could to keep her comfortable until the end.  Just shower him with love and hugs and treats while you still have the chance.  Hugs and love  to you.  😞   

@Insomniacmuffin

So sorry @Insomniacmuffin.

@Insomniacmuffin I am so incredibly sorry that you are going through this with your fur baby. I have a black cat, Emmy, and i've never had a cat so chatty and attached at the soul, and so intuitive and affectionate. My worst fear is losing her. 

I know that it doesn't take away the hurt and worry, but I am so glad you have experienced such a deep, beautiful and heartfelt connection with Coal.

I am also so grateful that you became his forever family. The greatest gift you could ever give him is the tender, unconditional love you have provided and the care, safety and security needed for him to flourish that your forever home provides him.

You are both so lucky to have found each other, and please know in your heart that whatever lies ahead, Coal has known what pure, unconditional and tender love feels like because of you, (and vice versa) and that is a love that transcends time. My thoughts & prayers are with your family ❤️

@Insomniacmuffin, I am so so sorry to hear this. 😞 If I could give you a big hug right now I totally would! Sending lots of love your way. ❤️ 

XOXO,
Marieke

@Insomniacmuffin Facebook was kind enough to remind me that today is the third anniversary of having to put down my Abby along with a large photo of her sweet little black face. 😞

I read your story of how you two met. I think it was kind of predestined, huh? And your husband is a sweetheart to know what you needed when you might not have yourself. What a beautiful relationship you have with both of them! I laughed out loud when I read about the visits to the doctor for your "hairy ears," though!

You know this is going to be hard, but it will be OK. Remember back to that meow in the trailer. You guys saved him. You loved him. You took care of all his needs. What more could a kitty ask for? You are in my thoughts.

Hang in there.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  

Last year I lost my dog of 17 years to brain cancer.  Then my mom a month later to another cancer.  Now just a few weeks ago my other dog ran through the invisible fence and I watched as a lady on the road hit and killed him.

it was the worst time in my life.  The ONLY thing that gives me any comfort is knowing that they are all up in heaven together.  In heaven my dogs can play all day and never have to go to the vet.  Just remember to hug and kiss him as much as you can and stay strong so he doesn't get scared.  If he eats treats give him as much as he can handle.  Maybe my mom, Abe, and Reagan will great him at The Rainbow Bridge.

testing