Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Pet Paradise

Show off pics of your pets, tell stories, anything you want to share about those special animals in your life 🙂 Post as much and as often as you want!

Here are are my fluff babies DJ and Gunner (also called Lulu or Lou). They are mother and daughter. DJ is my baby and Gunner is a daddy's girl. They are approximately 9 years old and very spoiled!

This is DJ. She loves to be near me.
image.jpeg

Miss Gunner Lou loves her catnip carrot
image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: Pet Paradise

Congrats on your (potentially) new kitty! They are such a joy. I am obsessed with my cat. But you have definitely pointed out the worst and most anxiety inducing thing about cats: litter boxes.

Cats use them instinctively, so you don't need to train them at all. I'd recommend putting it in an area of the house away from your most commonly used spaces, spare bathroom, mud room, laundry room, etc. Definitely no where carpeted! I'd recommend getting a large, covered litter box with a "doormat" to catch any litter that kitty might drag out. Some cats are really particular about their litter boxes and won't use them unless they are totally clean or will only use a certain type of litter. Others don't care. You'll find out pretty quickly how your cat feels about it. The key is to always keep it clean enough the kitty can have a fresh patch to use. Cleaning it once a day to every couple of days is the best, depend in on how often your cat uses it. My cat is a POOP MACHINE so I'm constantly cleaning it.

Other stuff... all cats are different. They like different food, toys, places to sleep, etc. Mine, for example, isn't too particular about food or where he sleeps, but is particular about toys. I feed him a small scoop of canned food in the morning and the evening, and have hard food in his bowl during the day. He'll eat anything. Probably explains why he poops so much. For toys, he loves feathers on strings, foam balls, and catnip mice. He plays fetch like a dog. Loves it. He also has a little round track with a ball in it he likes to bop around. I don't really know how to describe it. 

When you first get you cat home, try not to force anything on it. If it wants to sit on your lap, let it sit on your lap. If it wants to explore, let it explore. If you're getting a kitten, it's away from it's mother and litter mates for the first time, so it might feel some separation anxiety and will act either really scared or super needy. If it wants love, give it love. If it wants space, give it space. If you're getting and adult rescue, you have no idea what sort of life they've had until you gave it a forever home, so it might come with some fears. Let it take the time it needs to warm up to your and your family, other pets, etc. Keeping it occupied and distracted with different toys might help it start to feel more comfortable. Little treats and catnip also works wonders! 

How awesome @Anonymous !!  This site was shared with us when we adopted our kittens and I found it useful.  

Spoiler
animalhumanesociety DOT org/training/bringing-kitty-home-first-day-guide

This is what the site says specifically on the topic of Litter Boxes

Spoiler
  1. Prepare the litterboxes. Provide enough litterboxes to equal one per cat, plus one. (Therefore, a family with two cats will provide three litterboxes.) Avoid placing them in areas where your cat might feel trapped, such as a closet or corner. Avoid covered litter boxes for the same reason. Use an unscented, clumping litter and set up a cleaning supply caddy at each one (with bags, a slotted scooper, paper towel and enzyme-based cleaner). Scoop each box once a day. Every 1-2 weeks, dump out the box completely and wash with hot water and dry before replacing with clean litter.

You simply must post pictures of your newest addition so we can all "ooh & aaah" at the lil' bundle of joy Heart  I'm sure you'll do great!!!

They said I could become anything so I became a caterpillar! 

IMG_4330.JPG

I accidentally had an Alice in Wonderland theme going with my Cheshire Cat pumpkin and caterpillar. I suppose after all the Halloween candy I wasn't supposed to eat I could be the walrus!

IMG_4282.JPG

We're all mad here!

Adorable!

Cute costume!

OMG!!  What a cute costume!!  And that Jack O Lantern is amazing....wow!

Happy Halloween from DJ and Gunner! 

FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_8370.JPG

@samls324 both are gorgeous!!🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

My little sleeping beauty!

image.jpeg

i totally tuck my baby in too, so cute ❤️

Oh, this pic makes me crawl under my comfy blankets!!  You've captured the perfect moment @vegchililover78 Heart

@vegchililover78 your baby looks so comfy under that blanket. So adorable. 🙂

It's been four months since this little fluff nugget passed away. I get sad when I come home and she's not here terrorizing me for deli meat and gourmet cheese. We had some good moments with this silly cat. 

Here's one of the little bra thief attacking my sisters bra. Coincidentally the bra was missing after this incident. 😛

IMG_8526.JPG

I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  My cat passed away on Sept. 20 and I still keep looking for her by the back door, on her chair, and in her various other spots.  I miss her big eyes staring at me pleading for bits of chicken and pretty much anything else I eat.  20150313_194951636_iOS.jpg

What a beautiful cat...so sorry for your loss.  It takes a while to adjust, very tough.

@trishavt,  What a cute, fun- filled kitty!  You must have wonderful memories of your times together! I'm so sorry for your loss.  Remember the good times and the fun that you shared. That will keep her close to your heart.

Sorry to hear that @trishavt 😞 Big hugs! Heart

Sorry for your loss. Treasure her memory 🙂

Halloween is just around the corner!!

dog.JPG

Please post pictures if anyone dresses up their pet for Halloween 😄 

Yes, that would be great!  

Because I have two black kittens, they have to be safely snugged away but I can live vicariously through everyone's pics 

dog4.JPG

Spoiler
dog3.JPG

dog2.JPG

testing