Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty
Highlighted

Pay yourself a compliment!

I was browsing through some old beauty magazines and found a feature where they had interviewed people on the streets and had women mention one physical attribute that they liked about themselves. One girl mentioned her freckles, another girl mentioned the fact that she had a rare eye-color and so on. Let's pay ourselves a compliment! I'll go first: I have really pretty collar bones Smiley Happy

What makes YOU pretty????

Re: Pay yourself a compliment!

I love this idea! 

I have super pale blue eyes that can change color/intensity based on what I'm wearing.  If I wear a green shirt, they look green-blue; if I wear a blue shirt, they're bright blue; if I wear plum, they look darker blue.  I usually wear black, though, since I like the blue-gray hue they take when I wear a neutral color. 

I have eyes like that too <3

Definitely my skin. My mom is pale but my dad (via my grandpa) was part Syrian and Chippewa (not a large percentage, but enough for me to able to tan easily). I rarely burn, and my skin is pretty even (besides my mismatched body from getting more sun in areas than others...my back for example is SUPER dark). Just overall has a nice glow, texture, photographers like it because it doesn't require much retouching at all. I rarely breakout, and I eat healthy, take care of myself (yoga, acupuncture, dry brushing, supplements) so it reflects my internal health.

I am so jealous! 

Aww thanks! Well we all have something special right!

As long as I can remember, people complimented me on my hair.  When I was growing up, thick, coarse hair for Black girls was seen as a disadvantage.  I even remember some hairdressers urging--begging--me to get it cut because they dreaded having to handle it especially because it was so long.  Yet, people complimented me on the thickness of my hair whether I was wearing Shirley Temple curls, bangs, pony tails, an Afro, Afro puffs, a pageboy, a layered bob, the Farrah Fawcett flip, the Halle Berry and Toni Braxton pixie cuts and many other hairstyles.  

As I got older, hairdressers love doing it because, "girl, your hair is so thick, it will hold any style!"  So, if I had to pay myself one compliment, it would be I have great hair no matter the length or style I wear it in.

Again... I am JEALOUS!

Aw I was actually given a similar compliment last month by an amazing hair stylist. She was like "you can do anything with your hair...anything".

Whimsically yours,
Janine

the one think i think i am lucky to have is that I am naturally thin. sure there are days (we all have them.. especially if you are doing/know people that do the Big Eq...) when we think we are fat and need to go on a crash diet, but honestly, I am lucky that i am small boned and have a fast metabolism! but if only I can add a few inches to my height.. hehe

my pale grey eyes do the same thing, and i really like it Smiley Happy

i also like my nose. it's straight, even, has nice defined lines across the top without defining it with bronzer and highlighters, and it fits my face well Smiley Happy it's actually my favorite feature haha. i also got my native american grandfather's high cheekbones and dark, pin straight hair. it's super thick, super fine, and super soft. i keep it really long because it looks best that way, and not gonna lie, i kind of love it Smiley Happy 

what i could really do without was getting his bushy eyebrows Smiley Wink i'm so lazy with them, too, so i often look like i carry a couple of pet chipmunks around on my forehead Smiley Very Happy 

I have bushy eyebrows too, like slugs Smiley Happy But I tell myself that it's better having really bushy eyebrows than really thin, sparse eyebrows, because we can always remove hair!

What a great thread Smiley Happy!

I love my hair, I have thick long curly/ wavy hair. And when I was younger my mom would always tell me to comb it out, which made it a crazy poofy mess. Of course the other girls made fun of me and even called Hagrid! They were probably jealous that I had long hair and they didn't but it hurt!

Well I finally learned how to manage my hair and stopped listening to my mom about combing it out! She swears I'm just lazy and I always try to tell her that curly hair shouldn't be combed out but she's stubborn lol. 

Anyways my hair is GORGEOUS Smiley Happy

I have ALWAYS wanted curly hair! Lucky girl <3

Ok, first of all--GREAT thread idea, Nathaliew. I love it Smiley Happy

And this is weird but I love my eye brows and my skin. Probably because I feel like I've been on a journey with both. It's taken me a long time to perfect doing my own eye brows and I'm proud that I'm capable of making them look good now. Because it was pretty bad when I was starting out hahaha---actually tried to shave them into shape in middle school--needless to say, no bueno!

And my skin---I'm still on a journey with it. But I'm Casper-pale and learning to love it. I have my good weeks and my bad weeks. Sometimes I still wish I was able to tan  so I could fit in more and wear certain bright colors that just clash with pale skin. But most of the times I'm happy to be unique and a little old fashioned looking.

Haha I am happy you stopped shaving your brows ^^

LOL me too

Awesome thread!  We should all give ourselves a compliment every now & then Smiley Happy  We ALL deserve it!  

I've always been know as "pretty", but I used to have this bratty attitude that kind of made me feel ugly.  Now that I'm growing, I think it makes me a different kind of pretty, that I can be more proud of Smiley Happy 

My personality is growing & it makes me a better person who feels beautiful inside & out Smiley Happy

xo, Mia

Awesome!

I love this thread idea!!

I really like my eyes - They're pretty big and my eyebrows and eyelashes are super long. I think that's what I get the most compliments on. 

You do have beautiful eyes!

Aww, you are so sweet! That made my day Smiley Happy Thank you!

You're so welcome!

YES you do <3

Thank you nathaliew!! <3

54 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • beauty-everything-has-beauty-but-not-everyone-sees-it-nature-quote-confucius.jpg