Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Pact with Myself: Fewer Cigarettes = More Makeup

Hi BTers,

I'm sharing this with you because I know you will understand the motivation and will be supportive.

I was looking at my budget last night because I'm revamping it for grad school and I set myself a budget of $35 a month for makeup/skincare/beauty etc.  And then I noticed that I spend about $230 on cigarettes every month.   

I tried to quit this summer but because of some ridiculous academic stress it didn't happen.  But starting on Sunday I'm going to start again and for every dollar I save on cigarettes I am going to put $0.50 in my makeup budget.  So by the time I quit all the way (I'm doing a gradual step-down) I will have an additional $115 in my makeup budget.  I can't spend forever with that kind of makeup budget but maybe through the VIB sale in November then I will re-assess my new cigarette free budget.

I'm hoping my desire to buy Mario Badescu facial products and more YSL lip products will be strong motivators for me to cut down on my cigarettes.

Anyway, thanks for listening Ladies and Gents, I just wanted to share my quitting plan with people who would understand why makeup is such a strong motivator.

Re: Pact with Myself: Fewer Cigarettes = More Makeup

That is very inspiring Way to go!

wishing you the best of luck!

That's sounds like a great plan not only putting more money in your makeup stash than for cigarettes is beneficial to your health and your faceSmiley Wink

That is awesome! Best of luck!

That's awesome! I think this is a fabulous idea and motivator to quit smoking!

I think the urge to quit is more empowered when you put things into perspective like budgets and realizing how much you spend on cigarettes and in terms of what else you want money to spend on.

Keep hanging around here in BT and I guarantee you that you'll have NO issue finding products to tempt and add to your wish list to keep you motivated!

ENABLERS R' US!!!! ASSEMBLE!

swfupload_7419109282755379919.gif

For laugh purposes, that's director Joss Whedon posing all "avenger" like with his crew on set Smiley Tongue

What a great motivational way to quit smoking. Investing more money for B-E-A-U-T-Y! Just remember when you feel like you need a smoke...that YSL is watching you Smiley Very Happy

tumblr_mlw2zoqJT61qbkefco1_500.jpg

I wish the best of luck!! You will save money and yourself sweetie! Good luck Smiley Happy

that's a great idea. Best of luck to you!

swfupload_6284758390271807854.jpg

You seriously have the best pictures ever Smiley Tongue

I always get a laugh out of them!

This definitely made my morning! LOL

I just printed this picture and slipped it in between the cellophane and the cigarette pack, so i'll see it every time I reach for a cigarette.  I believe the baby with faith in me will be very helpful.

Sounds like a great plan! Rooting for you!

Congrats on your decision! Stay focused, stay healthy, and stay sane!

Good for you!  

One of the things I found motivating when I quit (years ago now) was that I would finally smell like all the pretty perfumes and lotions that I have - and not an ashtray.

Here's to a growing makeup collection, lady! Smiley Happy

swfupload_6712505756115373955.jpg

Good luck!  My nephew just quit about 3 weeks ago, and after just a couple of days was so excited about how much more easily he could breathe.  I think putting your money not spent on cigarettes into something else is a great motivator, too.

I wish you lots of strength to manage this!

This is SO awesome!!! Goooood Luck! And everytime you get a craving for a cigarette just think of the wonderful products you could be buying instead Smiley Happy

This is a terrific idea!  I can't tell you how many bad habits I've broken once I figured out how much they were costing me, without anything positive to show for it.  And all us ladies here are rooting for you, too!

You guys are pretty much the best people ever.  Thank you so much for being so supportive!  *group hug if you are a hugger, if not many high fives*

58 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • swfupload_7419109282755379919.gif
  • tumblr_mlw2zoqJT61qbkefco1_500.jpg
  • swfupload_6284758390271807854.jpg
  • swfupload_6712505756115373955.jpg