Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Our Lips are Sealed: The Lipstick NO BUY

2016 let me realize how many lipsticks I have, how many point perks of lippies I have and I realize... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. This is a tough challenge, but who wants to go on a lipstick no buy? I'll probably open up a thread for other products as well. 

Let's encourage each other to spend practically and this is a small step in one direction. Maybe instead of that lipstick, you save that money and keep saving and then go on a seaside cottage retreat? (pulling strings here!) 🙂 

upload_2909062720031729517.jpg

1. Items in this category include lipsticks, glosses and lip liners. I was going to consider lip balms, but I will categorize that as skin care. Scrubs are ok. Tinted lip balms are fine and are considered to be the BB/CC/DD/EE/FF/ZZ creams of lip products. 

2. You are limited to ONE PURCHASE. This is in place for that special LE. 

3. You can drop out once you have all the lipsticks for the year gone. Well you probably need to grab one lipstick right? (and hopefully you stick with that one for the rest of the year) 

4. TSBs do not count into the purchase category if you didn't buy anything for that lipstick you are trading for. 

5. Exchanges because the beauty product caused an allergic reaction and having to purchase a new item doesn't count. Safety first!

6. Using Ulta Points, Nordstrom Notes, etc. is ok as long as the amount matches the lipstick. I would prefer there be no use of those as the Ulta Points can be used on Skincare and Nordstrom Notes as clothes. YOU CANNOT spend just for the sake of using this rule. 

7. Sephora BI Point Perks are exempt, again with the rule above, YOU CANNOT SPEND JUST FOR THE SAKE OF USING THIS RULE.

8. Samples that are from GWPs, foil samples are fine.

9. I really hope this won't come up, but you shouldn't try to ask a lipstick as a gift! 😄 

10. Subscription boxes that contain lip products do not count into spend as I believe the items are at random. 

11. Sephora Favorites sets cannot have a majority lipstick pack. Must be 1%

Ready set. upload_2520435486155281633.gif

Re: Our Lips are Sealed: The Lipstick NO BUY

@wheeeeeOh, I haven't addressed this! and @tiri, I need to also address the samples/point perks as those count in. Da Rules will be fixed. 

Re: Our Lips are Sealed: The Lipstick NO BUY

I soooooooooo need to be here! hahahahaha!

But, I am eye'ing one more lipliner!!! ahahaha! 

Now, if only a 'lipstick No-Buy' funded a lake cottage! 

64 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • upload_2909062720031729517.jpg
  • upload_2520435486155281633.gif
  • upload_1581309046063240915.gif
testing