Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

New Years Resolutions 2014?

It may be a little bit early but I am already thinking about my resolutions for the New Year.  Wondering if others are doing the same?  Here are a few of my top resolutions:

• In 2013 I obtained a lot of makeup and learned application.  For 2014, I want to work out and eat better so my insides are as beautiful as I try to make my face and hair.
  • I am going to work a bit more on staying on budget.  I can get lured in pretty quickly Smiley Happy by sales and limited edition items.  That will still be fine in 2014 but I will have an amount I have per month I can do that with.
  • I want to "pay it forward" more, and just practice more random acts of kindness.  I am surrounded by wonderful people in my life and I love my friends here on BT - I feel very lucky and want to share, even in small ways, with others.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season!!  Smiley Very Happy

Re: New Years Resolutions 2014?

• I will try to spend under $2000 at Sephora (I know I have a problem!)
  • Finally establish my LLC
  • Not lose weight, but work out more (I won't even care about the number on the scale as long as I'm huffing and puffing)
  • Eat more green-colored foods (spinach, broccoli, salads)
  • Stop letting my bar tab go over $100!
  • Be cleaner (I'm cheating with this one, I just asked the maids to come more often :/)

Good ones, lilyyy!!  I like the green foods, LOL.  I should add that one too.  Smiley Happy

Great resolutions Lilyyy! Good luck Girl! 

I LOVE your resolutions.  All of them!  Especially the cleaner one.  And the bar tab!

I don't know if this is a "resolution" but one of the things I really want to do in 2014 is get my girl Glory certified as a therapy dog so we can visit hospitals and nursing homes.  Right now it is 100% based on finding the time.  I work (more than) full time as an analytical chemist and part time as a musician (I just took a church job singing at a small methodist church)

So, my RESOLUTION is to find time in my schedule to complete the training and certification so I can do this type of volunteer work!

Oh what a good goal! I've been debating getting my pup Jessie therapy dog certified. She's extremely sweet and loves meeting new people. I think it'd be the perfect little job for her since she's so gentle and nice. Even if we don't get all the way to the grand title of therapy dog, I think going through some next level training will be a great way for us to bond and have 1 on 1 time.

• My resolutions are to work out more frequently (the end of the year was just kind of a bust)
  • Drink more water
  • Disconnect from social media/technology. Working a full time job involving a computer puts a lot of strain on your body (eyes, wrists, back, etc). So I'm hoping that spending more time going out, staying active, and being away from a screen will make me an overall more healthy person Smiley Happy.
Whimsically yours,
Janine

I'll cheer you on for getting Glory's TDC!  One of my Goldens was a therapy dog and he loved it more than the recipients!  He just basked in the attention and the seniors loved him. They also told me some awesome stories of their long gone but not forgotten dogs. He was a rescue like your Glory, so it was doubly nice to turn an abandoned fellow into someone who gave back to the human race who had turned their back on him.

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  I actually completed the training with my little guy, Thor, a few years ago, but he did not get certified.  He doesn't have the right personality for it- he is just too scared of strangers and new situations.  The training was good for both of us, though!

There is a Netflix original series called Derek which stars Ricky Gervais and it is about a nursing home and the people who work there and how much the residents rely on them.  It is REALLY good but hard to watch, too.  The second episode they had the therapy animals come and showed how much it meant to everyone- I just cried and cried and I promised myself I'd find the time to get Glory certified!

That is awesome!!  Smiley Happy

I'm going to stop being a wimp and get some long overdue surgery done!  I've been putting this off for years because the recovery time is relatively long and I don't do stationary well at all, but I'm going to "bite the bullet" so to speak and get this done!

It's never fun to go "under the knife," but your body will tell you when its had enough.  Just think, you'll have more time to spend on BT while you're recovering!  Keep us posted.

Yep, I'm planning to put in a table near the sofa so I can keep my laptop close at hand! Don't want to miss all the fun of BT for one instant and don't want to have to keep asking Hubby to go get the laptop from the office!

Oh, good for you!  That must be scary...you have a lot of courage! Smiley Happy  Hope it all goes FANTASTIC!!  Smiley Very Happy

I've made a few goals for myself (that I've already started on -- no need to wait til January!) :

-get back to my pre-grad school level of health and fitness, and maybe weight (I was in the best shape of my life at the time)

-develop healthier eating habits

-kick the shopping addiction (any chance there are patches available? :-/ ) and make saving my priority. I have student loans I want to make disappear, and perpetual wanderlust that I need to feed, lol.

-get back into creative writing

-catch up on all the languages I've studied so I don't have to remove those skills from my CV, lol.

Haha...if there are patches, please be sure to let me know where I can buy them.  Smiley Wink 

Great goals! What kind of writing do you like to do/topics?

If I ever find out about shopping patches, BT would of course be the first place to announce it! Smiley Tongue

I used to love writing short stories in different genres, from comical to downright depressing, and I've written a few novel length stories, and they've all been sort of the chick lit type. But once I started grad school, I stopped having time for writing (and taking care of my health apparently). Smiley Sad I miss it a lot, so I'm trying to get back into it!

I've already been thinking on this and relishing in my guilty pleasures now, knowing that I want to make changes in my lifestyle come the first of next year.

1.  Start back on South Beach diet.  I lost 30 lbs several years ago and have gained almost all of it back. I know I can do it.  If I did it once, I can do it again.

2.  Exercise.  That's a nasty word in my vocabulary.  I'm hoping to find some good apps and videos to keep me motivated.  Any suggestions?

3. Butget my Sephora spending.  I want to keep my Rouge status (I love my free shipping), but I don't have to do it until the end of next year.  That means no more than $83 a month or less and do most of my spending during storewide sales.  I just got into HE makeup this year and have an ample supply of products. I can be more selective in my purchases next year.

4. I want to get my home better organized.  My husband is building me a storage building.  Once I get things out of the house, I don't want to buy more stuff to fill it up.

5. Last but not least, I've volunteered to set up monthly mission opportunities for our church youth group.  I'm hoping the youth will learn from these experiences and gain a charitable heart.  I know I will.

Sounds similar to mine!  Except I haven't tried South Beach.  Smiley Happy

I hear you on organizing!  As soon as stuff gets organized it's like other things creep in and fill the spaces again anyway...how does that always happen?

I'm like the little girl in the commercial......"more, more, more!"

Awesome resolutions. Good Luck!
There've actually been a few threads on this already, next time try the search Smiley Wink
There's one for a makeup diet, no buy, and 2 NY resolutions.
I actually don't do NY resolutions. I think it's pointless. I should actively be trying every single day to eat healthy, stay active, and budget money properly. I think for a lot of people, having a resolution is just setting them up for failure. That's why active gym members, stay away from their gym until February, by then all the "wannabes" are gone, and their gym isn't packed anymore.
If you want to be a better person, strive for it every day, not the beginning of every year & give up. Smiley Tongue

62 Replies
Conversation Stats