Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

New Year’s Resolutions 2024

What are your New Year’s Resolutions for 2024?  It could be spending less money, traveling, working out more, career goals, stepping outside your comfort zone, etc. 

I definitely am trying to spend less, work out more, travel with the family hopefully this year, and complete my Pilates teacher training certification. 

SportyGirly125_0-1703650656647.jpeg

SportyGirly125_0-1703650882601.jpeg

Re: New Year’s Resolutions 2024

My resolution is to get back into sheet masking!! @SportyGirly125 I absolutely slacked last year

I have been off from work this past week @lmaster and I also got back into sheet masking @lmaster. One night I even ate dinner wearing a sheet mask. BTW I don’t recommend it because I constantly had to readjust the mask. There is a first for everything.

I bet that would of been interesting to witness 😉 @Loretta55 

It wasn’t fun @lmaster. we had bad weather so I decided to remain comfortable and thought why not give it a try. I don’t recommend it:

@Loretta55 oh my!! Yeah the bad weather is hitting us hard, my kids have had 6 snow/emergency days used so far, they have only been to school 4 times this month 😭, I think we need to adjust the Christmas vacation time frame, it never fails

@lmaster @That’s a great one. I try to sheet mask at least twice a week.

Thank you! @SportyGirly125 that's awesome!! 

@lmaster I love this resolution, they are lots of fun especially the feet and hand ones 

Yes! You just reminded me, I have a pack of the feet peeling masks I need to do!! 🤣 @CorgiMommy thanks!!

Well, I'm late with my resolutions, but they're coming in before the month is over. I spent some time thinking through this year's resolutions and found an article @danielledanielle posted to be helpful - Self Care A-Z
worth a read, not just for new year's resolutions but for working through self care goals in general. 

1. Self-Care by way of body work - Get in a massage or cupping therapy at least once every quarter. 
  2. Prioritize sleep - I'm not someone who needs 8 hours of sleep every night to feel that I'm operating at my best, but the older I get, the more quality sleep time I need. I was doing pretty well around this time last year so I'll be aiming to kickstart that back up & working on sticking with it longer this time, a lot longer. 😉
  3. Digital Detox - Disconnect (from my phone, laptop, emails, social media, the internet, etc.) at least once per month (other than responding to texts or calls from family and friends). I've already been working on this for about 30-60 minutes before going to bed to unplug and unwind. I'd like to continue that practice during daylight hours and for a good chunk of a day; perhaps even a full day. 
  4. Something food related. lol. One of my resolutions usually involves food somehow - whether it's scouring the city looking for the best burger or the best blueberry pancakes, or working my way through all the teas at my favorite tea lounge, or going through the list of must try dishes at certain restaurants in the city, per a local magazine ... Debating on what I'd like to focus on this year. @missjeanie has some great food related resolutions on her list a few pages down - missjeanie's 2024 resolutions. I have had a couple of ideas percolating in my head over the past few days, but I may not get around to making a final decision or starting on it until next month, in which case, I'll use the Lunar New Year as my starting point for this resolution. I know, I know; how convenient! Hahaha! 

@itsfi @Love these resolutions. February 10th isn’t too far away. I’m sure you will do a great job completing them all. 

Good thread @SportyGirly125. Here are mine;

1) Save more and spend less. I join you all in low buy. 😘

2) Exercise more (and hopefully loosing some weight)

3) Read more

4) Travel/Family vacation 

@blackkitty2014 @Love those goals. We are all in this together. We can do this!

Yes we can do it @SportyGirly125 🌹❤️

I would like to take a vacation, @blackkitty2014!

@curlychiquita any idea where you want to go?

@CookieGirl1 so sorry I'm so late, I missed this notification. No idea! I would love to go to Japan, but it seems like a large undertaking. One son may study abroad over the summer, so maybe go to visit wherever he goes!

Us too @curlychiquita . I work for a company for more than 10yrs so I have lots of days off. Unfortunately my husband owns a business so it’s hard for him to take more than a week.  Maybe this year we will make that into a resolution to take a vacation for more than a week 😘

I was exercising regularly but I collapsed my sciatic nerve. I've done three weeks of physical therapy so far, but it isn't helping all that much.  I hope I can exercise again soon!

@curlychiquita Oh goodness I am so sorry. I hope your pain goes away very very soon. 

116 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 116 replies
  • 601 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos2
  • SportyGirly125_0-1703650656647.jpeg
  • SportyGirly125_0-1703650882601.jpeg
testing