Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

Who is with me?!

The unofficial rules are as follows …

Spoiler
  • Commit to a no-buy for a period of time that works for you.
  • Do not get swayed by cute promos.
  • No searching on 'Sephora Favorites'
  • No clicking on the 'Just Arrived' link.
  • Be supportive of all members.

No-Buy Commitment Members:

Spoiler
  • eriles: On No-Buy (4/22 - 7/17th & 7/22 - 9/30) (Sun Celebration Bronzer & Clarins Lip Balm Crayon)
  • Joannimation: On No-Buy (August) (Bday Gift, Meteorites, Maison Martin Replica, D&G L'Imperatrice & Elizabeth & James Nirvana White, Sephora Sun Kit)
  • hackneyfl: On No-Buy (4/15 - 6/15 then off for 6/16 and then back on until fall sale)
  • Makeupinfinity: On No-Buy (Oct) (Bare necessities such as wipes, cleansers, sunscreen, Sun-Kit)
  • shadetertiary: On No-Buy (May 31st)
  • AlisG: On No-Buy (May 31st) (Replacements for necessary items & Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer with SPF 30)
  • almostyou: On No-Buy (5/1 - 8/31) (Necessities like cotton pads & sunscreen and break in Aug for Bday)
  • wendyomgwar: On No-Buy (5/31) (Except for the use of a GC from Clarins)
  • LariTheLoud: On No-Buy (5/31) (skincare essentials & preordered Jo Malone)
  • weeeeweeeeeee: On No-Buy (5/31) (necessities only)
  • levid:
  • IttyxBittyxMe: On No-Buy (5/31) (2 purchases a month < 50.00)
  • Zpsid91: On No-Buy (8/15)

Possible TSB list:

Spoiler
***Would like to keep this to BNIB if possible (we haven't set a start date)

hackneyfl
eriles
shadetertiary
Joannimation
AlisG (canada - but we will make it work)
LariTheLoud
Zpsid91
IttyxBittyxMe

Re: NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

Everything in baby steps. It's day 2! (again!) I was so proud of myself for standing outside of Sephora while my mom went in. She took so long that I thought she might've cracked and bought something!! 

But now she's interested in tinted moisturizers haha. Oh dear. 

That's the good thing about BT whenever you post a haul pic, you can go back and see all of the unnecessary things that you bought.. splayed out for the world to see. It's kind of like a guilt trip for yourself .. which you may or may not then try to rectify by buying more things that you don't need. Smiley Wink

Hello Newbies ;-)

We are thinking about starting a TSB, for those who have officially joined and active on the thread will be the ones added, please let me know if you want to be added.

For the old-timers, I am going to re-org the above as it is getting long ;-)

Ok, all cleaned up! if you want to be added to the possible TSB, please let me know and if you are canada or us.

Happy to report my no-buy is intact after getting one of my two allowed items at the Clarins counter today. The lady even offered to pre-sale for something and I said no way! 

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Tuesday. The sun is finally out here! And the temps are above 70! Yay! 

WoooHooo eriles! Congrats! I have been shopping the stash, to tempting to visit any store with any kind of make up counter!!! I won't even go into make up isle at target! LOL LOL

70?!?!? Nice almost 90 today in sunny ole' FL!!

Yeah, for me, it's going to be high of 98 later this week! I'm feeling more melted than a lippie inside a TSB.

LOL LOL LOL! Thank goodness though the humidity is back, well kinda, good for my lips but NOT so good for my hair!!!

Highlighted

Oh no!

Hope you're not having this kind of a hair day!!

ohhhh I spend about an hour curling it to pretty much have NO curl by the time I get to work! Shameful for sure ;-)

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos52
  • crazy.jpg
  • history.jpg
  • step.jpg
  • single-serve-one-cup-coffee-makers.jpg
  • donuts.jpg
  • Mixed Drinks_613x435.jpg
  • use.jpg
  • IMG_1460.JPG
  • IMG_1464 (1).JPG