Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

Who is with me?!

The unofficial rules are as follows …

Spoiler
  • Commit to a no-buy for a period of time that works for you.
  • Do not get swayed by cute promos.
  • No searching on 'Sephora Favorites'
  • No clicking on the 'Just Arrived' link.
  • Be supportive of all members.

No-Buy Commitment Members:

Spoiler
  • eriles: On No-Buy (4/22 - 7/17th & 7/22 - 9/30) (Sun Celebration Bronzer & Clarins Lip Balm Crayon)
  • Joannimation: On No-Buy (August) (Bday Gift, Meteorites, Maison Martin Replica, D&G L'Imperatrice & Elizabeth & James Nirvana White, Sephora Sun Kit)
  • hackneyfl: On No-Buy (4/15 - 6/15 then off for 6/16 and then back on until fall sale)
  • Makeupinfinity: On No-Buy (Oct) (Bare necessities such as wipes, cleansers, sunscreen, Sun-Kit)
  • shadetertiary: On No-Buy (May 31st)
  • AlisG: On No-Buy (May 31st) (Replacements for necessary items & Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer with SPF 30)
  • almostyou: On No-Buy (5/1 - 8/31) (Necessities like cotton pads & sunscreen and break in Aug for Bday)
  • wendyomgwar: On No-Buy (5/31) (Except for the use of a GC from Clarins)
  • LariTheLoud: On No-Buy (5/31) (skincare essentials & preordered Jo Malone)
  • weeeeweeeeeee: On No-Buy (5/31) (necessities only)
  • levid:
  • IttyxBittyxMe: On No-Buy (5/31) (2 purchases a month < 50.00)
  • Zpsid91: On No-Buy (8/15)

Possible TSB list:

Spoiler
***Would like to keep this to BNIB if possible (we haven't set a start date)

hackneyfl
eriles
shadetertiary
Joannimation
AlisG (canada - but we will make it work)
LariTheLoud
Zpsid91
IttyxBittyxMe

Re: NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

So true! If if wasn't for the love list, I would have made 3 times more purchases, because I tend to add everything I like to the basket to simulate purchases, but a lot of time buy impulse I press the "buy" button and there my money goes! With the love list, once I come back to it with a clear mind a see that a lot of the items I "loved" I already have similar products, or don't actually NEED it... I think it will help me too!

Yep! Once the hype over a product cools down on the board I usually end up removing from loves list! Helps to stop all the impulse buys for sure. I add daily and remove daily!

I have a notepad on my computer with all of the things that I want to try. I usually save the loves list for things that I have tried and would want to buy again. Smiley Tongue But that note file on my computer. OH MAN is it long. It's kind of crazy how you can delete one thing and then replace it with 5 others... like one product that comes in a multitude of colours. It's almost evil how they give us so many choices!

I make my list on my post-its at work! (and hide them well from my boss)

And like hackneyfl, I go through daily and ask myself, "do I really love that or is it just a like?" If so, I remove from the list and save myself some money Smiley Happy

Tell me about it. I've never been a compulsive buyier or anything, but after I discovered Sephora I became this crazy person, wanting to buy and test everything I see or read about! Thankfully since I'm starting from zero  I'm not at the level of buying Dior, YSL and the most expensive brands yet, so the damage wasn't worse! But just the wanting to try a bit of everything and falling in love with every pretty package is making paychecks disappear pretty fast! I'm thankful I never had the courage to go inside a physical Sephora store because I have this problem that makes me unable to say no to a saleswoman!

Since starting the no-buy I have banned myself from the store and I have a free-standing store that I can walk too!!! I usually pop in the store and swatch to make sure I like the color/texture of something and then come home and buy! So, while I am on no-buy no more store visits for me ;-)

yes! that, and BT! I love it, don't get me wrong...but since I joined BT, I am obsessed about my skin care and makeup, samples, swatches, storage, aall the goodies! I find myself envious of the hauls, and thining of all the stuff I want to buy...checking for how many hearts I have...it is a wonderful sickness! Smiley Happy I can't commit to a no-buy, because I havent been buyingmuch, but when I have some extra money I plan to treat myself a bit...not overboard, but...we shall see.

RIGHT!? I totally get that. 

I always remember thinking that I'd never spend more than $10 for eyeliner.. then I found MAC ($15).. Then I found UD ($24). It's a slippery slope. Smiley Tongue I think it's almost as dangerous online though.. because it's so much easier to find everything since they're categorized quite conveniently. Luckily, I will sometimes go into a Sephora store, get lost finding things and get so frustrated with being ignored by SA's that I leave without buying anything. (It's saved my wallet on more than one occasion). 

But man. The packages. I have a thing about pretty packages, too. I will buy the weirdest and worst things because I feel like their packages are awesome... It's dangerous in it's own right, indeed. 

Highlighted

Hoping all YOU wonderful no-buy beauties have a wonderful day!!!

I survived a second day filling my list of "likes". I've had a full cart for three days but did not press buy. But I'm afraid once I get my weekly pay tomorrow and pay my credit card I will start all over again! I should stop at at least until may 02, but it's looking bad! Ideally I should stop until I really try everything I've already bought, but that would take even longer! :/

Congrats on not making a purchase! A no-buy is good for the wallet! It will get easier! ;-)

Online shopping doesn't really appeal me... so I guess the online part is fine. The going into stores... I have good self control in Sephora. (Want it, don't need it, conceal it, don't feel it), I'm just scared when I go into Lush because of their mother's day items. And Godiva for Easter candy! 

Ohhhhh if you have self-control you might not need a no-buy! Most of us have no self-control ;-)

I am the opposite, I love online shopping. It is my weakness. I feel like I can search and find anything I want (and I usually avoid stores and department counters because of continual poor customer service). If I physically go out and shop I am more likely to talk myself out of stuff...Online it is so easy to just click submit order and be done with it! 

Lush is a hard one though...I can always find something there lol. 

I am an online shopping junkie! Can't help myself!

Good Morning my fellow no-buy beauties! How is everyone doing? Have you hit that buy button? This second week is proving to be much easier than the 1st week, thank goodness!

Mornin sweetie.

No packages for me this week. Feels kinda sad.

On another note, I was looking at the Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu line.

None of the stores in my area have it in stock. So I e-mailed them for some free samples.

No luck, they just asked me to visit my Sephora and Ulta. I live in Canada, no Ulta here.

The closest Sephora that carries the serum is in Amherst, NY. Guess I won't be buying any PTR products any time soon. Just as well.

BTW hackney, heard about your mum on another thread. Good luck today and wishing for the best outcome for her.

Yep, the lack of packages feels kinda weird! The UPS man caught me when I got home yesterday and even though I didn't have a package wanted to make sure I was ok, since he hasn't dropped anything off in a while! OMG OMG how embarrassing but very sweet since he thought I needed to be checked on ;-)

hahah this could only happen to you. Our UPS guy is awesome.

Wish we used them more, but our office has a pretty sweet rate with FedEx.

LOL! He thinks I am job security!

Good morning! Well afternoon now... I love that gif Smiley Happy

Things were going well until I got the email that the Guerlain Météorites Perles du Paradise were back in stock!
 I have been able to resist so far because work has been so crazy today. Only 40 more minutes until I can head out - I think I can resist!

Has anyone else had any recent temptations?

I am starting my no-buy a whole 1 day before I thought I would!! I had to order a perfume from Saks to get that cute new Viktor and Rolf mini...no more (makeup) things until August!!

WoooHoooo! Glad you have on the no-buy wagon! Withdraws are a little rough at the beginning but will get better - I promise ;-)

Just got back from my Seattle trip, and spent $100 of my $170 store credit.

My no-buy technically starts May 8th, but I'm trying to not spend until May 7th (planned shopping trip with ex-coworker and recently engaged coworker).

Being tempted by the Meteorites that just came back in stock (and are online only - disabling me from using the remainder of my store credit on them), the Maison Martin Margiela "Replica" in Lazy Sunday Morning, Elizabeth & James Nirvana White (which I got a sample of and used while I was in Seattle), D&G L'Imperatrice, Sephora Favorites Summerstash, and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush (in pretty much every shade).

Need some serious support to not hit the "Place Order" button. I'm very tempted! :'(

I am here!!! Step away from the 'place order' button! Don't fall off the wagon!!!

Conversation Stats
Photos52
  • crazy.jpg
  • history.jpg
  • step.jpg
  • single-serve-one-cup-coffee-makers.jpg
  • donuts.jpg
  • Mixed Drinks_613x435.jpg
  • use.jpg
  • IMG_1460.JPG
  • IMG_1464 (1).JPG
  • IMG_1465.JPG