Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

Who is with me?!

The unofficial rules are as follows …

Spoiler
  • Commit to a no-buy for a period of time that works for you.
  • Do not get swayed by cute promos.
  • No searching on 'Sephora Favorites'
  • No clicking on the 'Just Arrived' link.
  • Be supportive of all members.

No-Buy Commitment Members:

Spoiler
  • eriles: On No-Buy (4/22 - 7/17th & 7/22 - 9/30) (Sun Celebration Bronzer & Clarins Lip Balm Crayon)
  • Joannimation: On No-Buy (August) (Bday Gift, Meteorites, Maison Martin Replica, D&G L'Imperatrice & Elizabeth & James Nirvana White, Sephora Sun Kit)
  • hackneyfl: On No-Buy (4/15 - 6/15 then off for 6/16 and then back on until fall sale)
  • Makeupinfinity: On No-Buy (Oct) (Bare necessities such as wipes, cleansers, sunscreen, Sun-Kit)
  • shadetertiary: On No-Buy (May 31st)
  • AlisG: On No-Buy (May 31st) (Replacements for necessary items & Nars Radiant tinted moisturizer with SPF 30)
  • almostyou: On No-Buy (5/1 - 8/31) (Necessities like cotton pads & sunscreen and break in Aug for Bday)
  • wendyomgwar: On No-Buy (5/31) (Except for the use of a GC from Clarins)
  • LariTheLoud: On No-Buy (5/31) (skincare essentials & preordered Jo Malone)
  • weeeeweeeeeee: On No-Buy (5/31) (necessities only)
  • levid:
  • IttyxBittyxMe: On No-Buy (5/31) (2 purchases a month < 50.00)
  • Zpsid91: On No-Buy (8/15)

Possible TSB list:

Spoiler
***Would like to keep this to BNIB if possible (we haven't set a start date)

hackneyfl
eriles
shadetertiary
Joannimation
AlisG (canada - but we will make it work)
LariTheLoud
Zpsid91
IttyxBittyxMe

Re: NO-BUY CHALLENGE 2014!

I didn't last one week:/ I decided it was easier to join the ten pan challenge. 

Wonderful! Me either not a single purchase! See, we can do this ;-)

Yeah, I haven't been able to do the pan challenge, easier just to give away of what I am tired of to a friend.

Happy Sunday Ladies, how is everyone doing with the no-buy challenge? Did I lose you all? Have you caved?! I haven't caved yet but will be shopping stash today to get it organized and put aside the items that I will be using for traveling box.

The no buy is going well for me so far! I think I'm just trying to spend less time on Sephora's website so that I won't be tempted. Stay strong ladies!

Congrats windxi014! Glad you are staying strong! Yes, we can do this!

Highlighted

Week 2 of the no-buy! We can do this!!!

Good morning hackney,

I made a return at Sephora, and did not cave.

So many pretties though...sigh.  It does get easier though.

Happy Easter Monday.

WoooHoooooo @Makeupinfinity! WOW into a store ... brave woman! I can walk to my store and have been staying far away! Too tempting for me! Even though I must say that it is getting easier!!!

I think I need to jump on this bandwagon after looking at my credit card bill last night. Yikes! I think I'm just going to set the timeframe from now until June (Or if I can go longer.. until I crumble). I was thinking of getting perfume during the 3x points but NO I WILL NOT SPEND!

Hello AlisG come on in and have a seat! I too am on a no-buy until June! I can tell you it hasn't been easy! Too many 'pretties'. The 1st week was hard but this week as started off a little easier ... THANK GOODNESS!!! We are here for support if ya need us!

Thank you! I know. There are! I admire your incredible determination (I think I've said this in another thread). Okay. Today will be day 1. Big breath, LET'S DO THIS!

I have a very bad habit of checking the "just arrived", "Sephora favourites", and "Value sets"... That I think is going to be the hardest to avoid. I think one of my encouragements will be re-organizing my makeup. I have SO MUCH now. Lots that I haven't even cracked open yet Smiley Tongue I need to get through it and not replace things that I have 5 or more of haha. 

Thank you for the support! I will equally try to support others! 
This is such a good idea for a support group.. "Hello my name is AlisG, and I have a makeup buying addiction." Smiley Happy

Yes, 'just arrived' and a daily search on 'sephora favorites' is a killer for sure! It will get easier, promise! Yeah, I think if you have 5 of something you are safe, pretty sure that will last you at least a little while ;-)

Haha It is isn't it? Day 2 was a success!!! I did however go for cheesecake.. but I don't count that as a "buy" per se. Smiley Tongue 

I know multiples of things are technically good because you're covered on a no-buy but there's always the shiny new ones that you want, right? The new one isn't the one you already have!! (even if it is the same colour.. haha)

How is your week 2 going?

I think I need to jump on this no-buy as well lol. I am thinking I am going to start now and go til the end of June. I have enough makeup to last a lifetime anyways!

Hi eriles! That is my issue too, way to much, for example ... I went on a mascara binge and have bought 16 different brands! Granted on am on the hunt for the holy grain but my goodness I will never get through all this mascara! We are happy to have you in our little group! We are a good group of beauties!

Oh trust me, I am very happy to join. This  will be the only thread on BT I will follow til my no-buy is up! And yeah I am the same way I have a couple mascaras unopened. Like 5 foundations in rotation....my problem is I find a holy grail mascara or other product and keep looking for other stuff just for fun. Then I go back to what I know is reliable. Lol.

We are happy to have you join us! I too have 4 foundations currently in rotation! I mixed them and wear alone. I mean really is that needed??!?!?! ;-)

One for every day of the week! lol

I swear I keep trying mascara after mascara and can't get one that I really love at this point! Goodness!

I might have to join too! I just recently decided to throw out all of my drugstore make up, since my skin now (that I don't have teenager skin anymore) has issues with most drugstore brands and I was breaking out, getting red spots, dry spots, and all kinds of reactions... I'm completely new to "high-end" brands and the Sephora world.

I just joined the website in April 04 and got carried away buying mostly value sets so that I could try different products from different brands and see what I like. I did 3 purchases on the 15% off period, became VIB and told myself I would not buy anything else, but when I saw the Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit in stock I had to buy it, and added some extra kit to get free shipping. And yesterday! ended up ordering a Kat Von D eyeshadow palette and another benefit value set to get free shipping again!
Now it's really time to stop shopping, for a while, my wallet can't take it anymore, but I keep on checking the stock of every brand all the time! Smiley Sad

Hello! Welcome to BT! Yeah, hard to resist huh?!?! I know the feeling everything is soooo pretty! I have placed at least 2 orders a week since 1/1/2014, I will never be able to use it all! So, for my wallet's sake, I needed to take a break!

So come on in and have a seat!!!

Gosh. I feel you. It just becomes a habit to browse all the new beauties.
Welcome! I just joined this group as well! We can do it! 

Yes, the beauties are sometimes hard to resist! But now when I see one or hear the ladies talk about a new beauty I just add to my loves list, I get caught up in the hype of new product so this way, I add to list and if I still want after no-buy I will get! This gives me time to think about if I really want/need it! ;-)

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos52
  • crazy.jpg
  • history.jpg
  • step.jpg
  • single-serve-one-cup-coffee-makers.jpg
  • donuts.jpg
  • Mixed Drinks_613x435.jpg
  • use.jpg
  • IMG_1460.JPG
  • IMG_1464 (1).JPG