Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

My Life : Living With Diabeties

Tonight is a night that has really turned my life around and not in a good way. I had done some blood work for my doctor earlier in the day and then went to work. Later on I had gotten a call from him about the results surprisingly quick I know. From the moment I spoke to him his tone was very uneasy to hear. I knew something was wrong, and then he said it. My sugar levels we're quite high and I am likely type 2 diabeties. Although he wants me to do another fasting and test he seems quite positive of this and so I had to leave work. I was completely shocked and was breaking down while explaining why I had to leave. Ah my boyfriend is got a lot to deal with now but I know somehow we'll get through this. I know I have been slightly ignorant to the comments of me needing to watch what I ate and that I needed to eat healthier ect. I suppose in a sense I was and still sorta am in a state of denial. It's hard to accept but hey I have been through a lot from what you all know as of right now. I just wish that this was simply a nasty nightmare and not a reality I had to face. Anyways thanks for listening to my rant I needed to vent it's hard to take in right now !.

~ Carmen ~ 

Highlighted

Re: My Life : Living With Diabeties

Oh no! I'm sorry that you had to get such a horrible diagnosis on top of everything else that's going on in your life at the moment. Like others have said in the thread though, diabetes is manageable! It's most certainly not a death sentence and I know for sure that you and your family will be able to deal with this! 

It'll take some time to get used to all the parameters and to stick with a new diet but in the long run, you'll learn to live with it and it'll just be another thing you do, like taking a vitamin! 

I know it is hard for you right now to come to terms with it all but try to calm down and don't focus on the disease too much. Take your time and just do it all one step at a time. You've got a fantastic boyfriend from the sounds of it and a great family, plus you've got a place to rant here online! We're always around to listen and provide whatever support we can offer!

Chin up and don't let this get you down! You'll get through this Smiley Happy 

Re: My Life : Living With Diabeties

Hi Carmen!

I know just how tough and scared you may feel- I've had type 1 diabetes for 17 years now and while it's a struggle some days It's entirely manageable and you will be FINE. Smiley Happy type 2 is a bit easier to take care of than type 1 which is a slightly more intense and requires injections or an insulin pump (which i have). it's a lot to take in at once and I know you may feel overwhelmed Too but do NOT feel scared! The advances in this field are incredible and you will be in good hands.  I've found a good deal of support in reaching out and meeying other diabetics so check out some online groups, communities or even local ones in your area- it does help to see you're not alone! 

If you ever need some advice or want to chat, feel free to message me! Smiley Happy 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 52 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors