Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Music: Recently Listened To

I think it's fairly safe to say that all of us hear music at some point during the day, whether it be on the radio, YouTube, iPod/mp3 device, etc.  What's a song or two that you recently heard?  I figured this would be a neat way to perhaps share some of our favorite artists and songs.  Who knows, some of us may discover something to add to our music library or rediscover an old favorite.

Right now, I'm listening to "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry on YouTube.  I've only heard a few of their songs, and this is the only one I like.  Just because I live in their hometown doesn't mean I have to be a die hard fan lol.  I only like so much popish elements in country music.  I love country music by Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, Trace Adkins, Montgomery Gentry, Shania Twain, Dierks Bentley, pretty much those that have been around for a while.  Especially Alan Jackson.  I know the words to a lot of his songs lol.

"If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song"

Re: Music: Recently Listened To

Been browsing through beatport and other songs lately.  The majority of things I've been interested in are circa 2005. Might be semi outdated.

As for Christmas songs, I have my usual favorites (Brenda Lee, Wham, etc.) and then some other holiday songs.  There are a few Japanese ones (Namie Amuro- White Light (2005 again!); Nao 冬の空 (Fuyu no sora)) that hold great memories with friends.  Although that pesky YouTube might have a Korean song stuck in my head (IU - You&I) as well as a few parodies for new holiday songs for 2011.   

I was listening to di and heard this really good song on there.  It was driving me nuts because all the track list offered was the file name of the dj mix (which is no use for individual songs/tracks).  I tried searching for everything I could think of that matched the lyrics.  Nothing showed up.  Tried the file name but again, no tracklist.  Today, I found an old notepad with a bunch of random song names and what not written down from many months ago.  Curious, i typed in the names to see if beatport came up with anything.  When I input Crazy Love - Rumours; it was the song I was searching for all along!  Funny how that worked out.

I was listening to my iPod earlier, and these are some of the songs that popped up.

"One Way or Another"  -Blondie

"Livin' On A Prayer"  -Bon Jovi

"How Do You Like Me Now?!"  -Toby Keith

After Blondie and Bon Jovi, I want to play some RockBand lol.

@ Diana that is such a pretty song! The whole album is great though!

I'm a huge Twi-hard lol  I seen the first movie, then ran out and got the books...and read them in 2 days. (I'm a speed reader lol)

I can not wait until Breaking Dawn 2 comes out! Unfortunately that's alllooong way off lol.

I'm kinda tired of the X-mas music too! lol If I here one more time "Last Christmas" I'm gonna scream lol. And I used to like that song! Oh well Smiley Happy

It would be totally awesome though it Adele put out a holiday cd!

this week's rotation has been a mix of alternative, indie and easy listening. I will just throw some random ones out there I currently have on a playlist that have sticking in my head and rotating on my iPhone as of late.  I love music and easy access to tons of it .now that I use apple play. 

Alt - J - Hunger of the pine

Arctic Monkeys - Do I wanna know

Banks - Brain

Banks - Begging for thread 

Black keys - Mind eraser

Birdy - Silhouette 

Cage the elephant - Back against the wall

Daughter - Youth 

Death Cab for cutie - we looked like giants

Death cab for cutie - I will follow you into the dark

Digital Daggers - Still Here

Foster the people - Don't stop (color on the walls)

Florence + The Machine - Heartlines
Florence + the machine - No light no light

Glitch Mob - A Dream within a dream 

metric - Help I'm Alive

Muse - Apocalypse please

Ms. MR. - Bones

Ms. Mr. Hurricane

The Neighborhood - Afraid

Nerina Pallot - Rousseau 

The National - Don't Swallow the cap 

The Wombats - Greek Tragedy 

Of Monsters & Men - Empire