Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Music: Recently Listened To

I think it's fairly safe to say that all of us hear music at some point during the day, whether it be on the radio, YouTube, iPod/mp3 device, etc.  What's a song or two that you recently heard?  I figured this would be a neat way to perhaps share some of our favorite artists and songs.  Who knows, some of us may discover something to add to our music library or rediscover an old favorite.

Right now, I'm listening to "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry on YouTube.  I've only heard a few of their songs, and this is the only one I like.  Just because I live in their hometown doesn't mean I have to be a die hard fan lol.  I only like so much popish elements in country music.  I love country music by Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, Trace Adkins, Montgomery Gentry, Shania Twain, Dierks Bentley, pretty much those that have been around for a while.  Especially Alan Jackson.  I know the words to a lot of his songs lol.

"If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song"

Re: Music: Recently Listened To

I'm listening to that song too! Smiley Very Happy "If I Die Young"  is also the only favorite I have from them. It's always stuck in my head at the wrong moments (important oral report, shopping at Sephora Smiley Very Happy) and I end up accidently saying some of the lyrics out loud... Weird, right?

-dreamysmile Smiley Happy

The sharp knife

Of a short Life

Well, I've had

Just enough time

Right now I cant get enough of

1. Flo Rida --I cry

2. Philip Phillips--Home

3. Bruno Mars--Locked out of Heaven

4. Christina Aguilera--Your Body

Right now I'm on a Al Green kick.. does anyone else know who he is? haha Smiley Wink

I also had a friend introduce me to a band named "geographer" which I am LOVING! =D

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Two songs I have recently discovered are "I Wish I Knew" by Alex Boyd and "Adorn" by Miguel.

I've been really into the song "Summertime Sadness" by Lana Del Rey. One of my good friends recently introduced me to Marina and the Diamonds, so I've been listening to her a lot too...she's got a very pop-alternative kind of vibe which perks me up in the mornings.

On an average day I'm typically listening to the 90's or 80's station on Pandora. I highly recommend them!

Whimsically yours,
Janine

When near the computer, it is 100% most likely things from my playlist or di.  Today, it has been mixes and random channels all day so it is hard to recall a particular song.  Pretty sure Amanda Wilson was in there somewhere.  There's also the sky page which has channels such as oldies, 80s, salsa, jazz, etc.  Right now, they have a Christmas channel which I will probably venture over to when I want to hear that kind of music (not right now). 

In the car, it is probably oldies or classic rock. 

Although, my ten year old speakers might need to be replaced soon. 

Hi Ladies!

I love music Smiley Happy I'm pretty fond of all types of music but lately have had the newest Rihanna "we found love" song stuck in my head thanks to TiffanyBT! hahaha Smiley Wink 

Unfortunately for me I got really hooked into listening to a dj/group called "Girl Talk" that my xboyfriend would listen to repeatedly. He was in a pretty popular local band out here and was ALWAYS blasting music that he would email me to download. Think of GirlTalk as a huge mash up of about 50 songs in ONE song that just never ends.. It can be fun but sometimes REALLY distracting! 

I'm also hooked onto the hooks of these J-Lo songs.. doesn't help she has a commercial on every 5 minutes. =/ I'm looking forward to the holiday tunes!! yay!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Highlighted

One of the local radio stations has been playing Christmas music for a few weeks now.. so every once in a while I'll tune in to that when I'm driving. Smiley Happy

Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 63 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors