Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Besides Beauty

Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball

Okay. I don't get the music video at all. I mean, the song in itself was great already. I don't understand how the music video relates to the song. lol. The music video is kinda disturbing, IMO. What's up with the licking on the hammer and riding a wrecking ball naked? I mean, she's Miley Cyrus. So many teenagers look up to her.

Re: Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball

i loved gaga's preformance, idk it was more tasteful at last to me. i love her music, its catchy. she started hannah montana when she was 14, shes diffrent now, i'm so sick of everyone saying shes trying to break away....shes not, she's done that already

I know, you can't break away when you're just getting older and creating a new style lol. My favorite performance lady gaga did was i think like 2 years ago, the one with all the blood

Thats excally what i'm saying! Mileys being creative, she's 20 and wrecking ball does have a good image, idk why anyone cares that shes naked, i mean nothing shows anyway...

yea I know. i don't personally care. Il buy the song anyway haha

And I think therein lies the problem.  The public still sees her as Hannah Montana.  Regardless of how old she is, she has quite literally grown up in the public eye, so it's a double-edged sword.  She has the fan base, but she also wants to prove that she and her music has grown up, which can (and has) alienated some of those fans.  I'm all for being sexy, but there's a right way and a wrong way to go about it.  Take Selena Gomez, for example.  Another Disney star that seems to have made the switch, but has stayed classy while still being sexy.

However, the comparison to Lady Gaga isn't very fair.  Lady Gaga was not a Disney star, so we didn't know about her eccentricities until the infamous "meat" dress.  She's also made it public that she promotes LGBT rights.  She was a grown woman when she broke onto the music scene, not a teenager.  I do agree with a previous comment that Miley seems to be jumping up and down screaming "look at me!  Look at what I'm doing!", etc.  She is an adult...but definitely going the wrong way about it, I think. 

Highlighted

i'm not critizing miley as a disney star, i'm saying regardless of her being a disney star or not she didnt preform tastefully. everyone says shes trying to breakaway and rebel, she ended the show three years ago, she would have been doing stuff like this long before now.

i think she's doing everything because her and liam broke up, they were engaged, its hard to deal with i'm sure

that is definitely what it is. Its just that they keep seeing her as the young actress who broke out on disney and not as the girl turning into a woman. She is going about it the wrong way and probably trying to catch the attention she wants but still. 

The video. Wow. Just watched it and that's more of miley than I ever hoped to see.  its a good song but she could have made it tasteful by just covering up. We see you have a nice body but good lord start putting some clothes on that skinny butt!! Sad that she feels she has to get attention this way. A good song doesnt need nudity to help it to the top. 

I really like the music video

*runs and hides*

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • photo (8).JPG